LoveMyFamily

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 10:35 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2050427#2050427

Steve and Brahmin, if you are reading this thread.. I started the above thread in the Asia sub-forum "The British rule on India". Please chime in with your valuable inputs.
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 11:35 am
brahmin wrote:
i hate muslims

Have you studied the life of the leader of Muslims, Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)?
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 05:05 pm
brahmin wrote:
Doktor S wrote:
Hey brahmin. A little off topic, but given your raw hatred for muslims and christians, how do you feel about your own indian brand of monotheism, which is even more brutal than islam?

i have no raw hatred of christians.

i hate muslims for what they did to india and to the world, where ever they went.

i also hate colonials for what they did to india and their other colonies.

finally christians are no god samaritans either - they wiped out the natiuves of australia, NZ, north america and half of south america. you should read the way christianity was spread in latin america and phillipines and the social genocide they commit. i hate christians for carrying out the most brutal of all inquisitions in goa, india. and cos of the the open proselytisation they carry out with the express aim of making a phillipines of india.

finally india/hinduism isnt monotheistic.

the only thing i am ashamed of and have no defence for is the caste system.

I was refering to sikhism.
Arose as a knee jerk reaction to islam, growing fast. Dangerous as hell
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:45 pm
muslim1 wrote:
brahmin wrote:
i hate muslims

Have you studied the life of the leader of Muslims, Prophet Muhammad (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)?

One of the places to read about the Prophet with no BS is go right to the source of the early Muslim scholars.

"The Life of Muhammad", by A. Guillaume, which is a rendering of Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah", a biography of Muhammad written by an early Muslim scholar.

From Guillaume, op cit, page 369:

"The apostle said, "Kill any Jew that falls into your power." Thereupon Muhayyisa b. Masud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, 'You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?" Muhayyisa answered, "Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off."

from Guillaume, op cit, page 665:

"....and Umm Qirfa Fatima was taken prisoner. She was a very old women, wife of Malik. Her daughter and Abdullah Masada were also taken. Zayd ordered Qays to kill Umm Qirfa and he killed her cruelly (Tabari, by putting a rope to her two legs and to two camels and driving them until they rent her in two.)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:48 pm
Q. Why is it when there's two or more muslims together, then violence follows?

Q. Why do muslims DEMAND respect for their religion, while at the same time showing complete disrespect for anyone who doesn't share their mental disease?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 11:40 am
mesquite wrote:
One of the places to read about the Prophet with no BS is go right to the source of the early Muslim scholars.

That's correct. However, do you really quote from out great early Scholars (May Allah have mercy upon them)?
Did you ever read the books of the four great early Muslim Scholars: Imam Malik, Imam Abou Hanifa, Imam Chfiî and Imam Ahmad (May Allah have mercy upon them)?

Anyway, here are two links for the biography of our beloved Prophet Mohammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him):
The Sealed Nectar
This is Mohammad
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 08:28 pm
Muslim1, are you saying that there is a problem with Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah"?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 07:51 am
mesquite wrote:
Muslim1, are you saying that there is a problem with Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah"?

Mohammad Ibn Ishaq Al-Matlabi (May Allah have mercy upon him) is certainly an eminent Muslim who had done the first great effort to gather the Sira (life) of the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in the book you mentioned (Sirato Rasulillah).

However, many Hadith (sayings, narrations of the Prophet) scholars noticed that Ibn Ishaq gathered both Sahih (strong, true, correct) narrations as well as Daiif (weak) ones. Moreover, the books of Ibn Ishaq came to late Muslims through some quotes which were found in the writings of other scholars like "Tahthib Assira" by AbdulMalik Ibn Hisham.

The methodology of Ibn Ishaq is based on narrations with the Isnad (chain of narrators) that he had. Certainly, some chains are Maousoul (Continuous) to the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), but others are mounkati' (discontinuous, cut). Even Ibn Ishaq himself, wrote after some narrations that "Allah knows best the authenticity of them (the narrations, the sayings)".
The methodology of Ibn Ishaq is a very respectable one, but the Hadith scientists criticize it for being less rigorous than other Sira writers.

I think the best early accurate Sira available is "Sirat Ibn Hisham" written by Ibn Hisham (May Allah have mercy upon him). There is also the Sira written by Imam Attabari (May Allah have mercy upon him).

And Allah knows best.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 04:42 am
Q. Why is it that when Gungasnake starts with his anti-Muslim articles such as Slammites use grenades on bus or what have you, people do their best to argue for Muslims?

Q. Why is it that when Muslims start defending their beliefs in a topic they made on their own, that people feel the need to then argue against them?

Q. Why do Muslims not argue against someone whom is actively derogrative about Muslims?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 07:26 am
I recall seeing a post by Gungasnake regarding Stephen Hawkin. I think his views and intentions and personality set him up for opposition/arguement/poking at him in any way. Laughing

The second Q: I don't know. Maybe people come to argue. Makes sense. I once started a thread asking questions about Islam, with the one purpose of learning something, and others came by simply to argue.

Last Q: I wonder too!
0 Replies

luvmykidsandhubby

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 02:53 am
bookmark
0 Replies

luvmykidsandhubby

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 02:59 am
Quote:

Q. Why do Muslims not argue against someone whom is actively derogrative about Muslims?

What do you mean?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 08:20 pm
I dont really know where to put this, this seems like an OK place:

Quote:
Smashing the stereotypes of Arab women

Radio Netherlands
02-11-2007

Summary:

Quote:
Frustration, sometimes even anger, was expressed by women academics and businesswomen from the Arab Gulf states who were in The Netherlands to "smash" the stereotypes of Arab women prevailing in the Western media. "They think we are still completely covered in black, pulling our camel behind us."

Hind al-Sheikh of the university of Riyadh told participants, among whom Princess Margriet, that 35% of investors in real-estate in the Gulf region are women; so are 60 % of new investors in the stock market and 25% of owners of private businesses. But she conceded that this is also because entering the stock market is one of the things women can do without having to obtain a guardian's consent. Nevertheless, women in the Gulf are becoming increasingly economically independent, getting married at a later age, and having fewer children.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:10 pm
Re: ISLAM Q&A
raheel wrote:
I have realised that many people on this forum don't seem to know much about islam-

so i invite people to ask any question they want about Islam and i (or any of the other muslims on this forum) will try to answer them.

No problem...

Are you aware of the fact that the last real prophet died about 2500 years ago? That would be, about 1100 years before Mohammed was born.

One other possibility: Are you aware of that fact that we have a perfectly good phony prophet of our own (Joseph Smith) in the United States, and don't really NEED Mohammed?
0 Replies

muslim1

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 01:32 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Are you aware of the fact that the last real prophet died about 2500 years ago? That would be, about 1100 years before Mohammed was born.

No proof.

gungasnake wrote:
One other possibility: Are you aware of that fact that we have a perfectly good phony prophet of our own (Joseph Smith) in the United States, and don't really NEED Mohammed?

No comment.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 01:08 pm
And what proof have you Muslim1 that God's last prophet lived in the sands of Arabia about 1400 years ago?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 01:43 pm
The last real prophet would be an unknown person like the body in the tomb of the unknowns who died somewhere at or shortly after the time of Zechariah. Very long story, best starting point for it is still Julian Jaynes' "Origins of Consciousness".

Prior to the flood and the event associated with the tale of the tower of Babel in the OT, there were no prophets, oracles, idols, familiar spirits, or any of the like. In those days the spirit world was able to communicate with man directly. Cain does not run off to his friendly neighborhood prophet and ask him to do his trance state thing and see if the Lord might be pissed over his croaking Abel; The Lord speaks to him directly on the topic.

In the ages after the flood and up to about the time of Zechariah or Alexander, mankind was still able to communicate with spirits but it took,exotic practices to do it, and ALL of those exotic practices stopped working prior to the time of Alexander. That includes the idols, the prophets, the oracles, the old witches with "familiar spirits" like the lady in the ghost story about Samuel and Saul, the electrostatic devices like the ark of the covenant, and everything else like that.

All of those things involved static electricity and all of them involved trance states. The only two vestiges of those things in our present world are hypnotism and schizophrenia. What we call schizophrenia would have been called normal in the time of Homer, and we would have been called retarded.

By the time of Christ, all such practices were gone centuries past. The first paragraph of the book of Hebrews specifically states that prophecy was a thing of the distant past at that time.

Quote:

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,

The cloest thing there is in our present world to those ancient practices is what is called EVP:

http://www.aaevp.com

EVP involves static electricity as did the old practices, and it basically works because an electronic device has no consciousness to need to overcome.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 02:30 pm
gungasnake wrote:
raheel wrote:
I have realised that many people on this forum don't seem to know much about islam-

so i invite people to ask any question they want about Islam and i (or any of the other muslims on this forum) will try to answer them.

No problem...

Gungasnake- I think you are missing the point. Raheel was trying to educate us about islam, not push it down our throats. There has been so many issues raised about islam since september the 11th, and the war on terror, that it's good to understand the religion.
Although Raheel obviously is a muslim, he wasn't trying to debate whether or not Islam is the truth, but to explain what muslims believe.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 07:15 pm
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

Gungasnake- I think you are missing the point. Raheel was trying to educate us about islam, not push it down our throats....

I think I know as much as I nned to about I-slam. Mohammed (MHBH) was basically a bandit chieftain seeking to formulate a religion suitable for governing and controlling increasingly larger confederations of bandit tribes. He basically succeeded; the main problem in today's world is that the bandit-tribe model of society has become outmoded.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 01:57 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
And what proof have you Muslim1 that God's last prophet lived in the sands of Arabia about 1400 years ago?

And why would god (who don't believe in any way) give his perfect word to an illiterate paedophile goat herder?
0 Replies