Older men and younger women.

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 01:52 pm
Any person that cares about life strives to shine and those that do succeed Jane. :wink:
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 02:02 pm
Well, here it is noon. All my lazy neighbors should be awake by now. If they are still sleeping? Just too damned bad because it is time for me to lay hands on my beautiful, brand new, Blessing, B88 tenor trombone (with F key) and do some long tones and arpeggios before I launch in to some show tunes with the big band on my accompanying CD.

All this before I put on my helmet for the Steeler game. Cool
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 02:34 pm
CJ, I was wondering.......do they have the same "Flashy car = Penis substitute" over in the USA?

And another thing....do you think that Jack doesn't realise that Mercs are ten a penny over here?

Now...if he was talking Ferrari, Lamborghini or Aston Martin, it may sound a little impressive.

But a Merc?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:25 pm
I think Jack is obviously overcompensating for some other area,not always apparent to witnesses,of machismo in which he is not overly endowed.

One presumes it is the main facet of the "addiction to oil" which featured so dramatically in last week's major speech.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 05:19 pm
The trombone has a spit valve and oil is needed to make it slide smoothly.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:35 pm
Agreed.But allowing it to get a hold of one is a bit weak.It's only a bit of fun.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:14 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
CJ, I was wondering.......do they have the same "Flashy car = Penis substitute" over in the USA?

Yes they do, Spanky, and I agree with you, a Benz is no big deal
here. In southern California (and Jack Webbs lives in a suburb of my city)
Porsche, Ferrari, Masserati and Bentley dealers do quite well.
Someone who is bragging about a car here in town,
doesn't realise how small of a fish he is in that big pond.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 10:34 pm
Ferrari, Massertati; neither the French or Italians have ever made a car that works well let alone lasts for very long. I won't mention quality where English cars are concerned because there is none. Most of the Jaguars here have Chevy engines and Porche? If it had been the best Hitler would have had one. Ever see Hitler riding in a Porche? No, no one has because he required the best, the top of the line as only Mercedes - Benz could provide.

(Ewwwww Jane, wenn ich meine Kampfaufladungen auf setze und Schritt in mein Mercedes - Benz bin ich so stattlich wie Hitler! Gerade zwischen Ihnen und I Jane denke ich, daß Sie mich möchten!) Tah tah tahhhhhh! :wink:
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:52 am
Well, I'm glad that you think that way about your car, Jack. One always needs something to love in this world.

To make Jack's driving experience just that little bit better, may I suggest that we make a list of suitable songs, so that he can burn a compilation CD to play in the car, when he's out cruising and generally being groovy.

I'll start......

"I can't get no (Satisfaction)", by the Rolling Stones.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:35 am
Yesterday, when I was young - Shirley Bassey.
0 Replies

Mandso

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:43 am
hey, i thought that this topic was about marriage...
oh well\
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 03:11 am
"Suicide is Painless" by Johnny Mande (M*A*S*H)
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:11 am
I always make Monday the first day of my week and of course today is no different. A nice old woman that used to work for me is going to do my taxes today. I always start off the New Year having my taxes done early.

Then it is down to our little yacht basin for an early dinner with a fairly decent 54 year old woman from the lower county. No, you may be thinking I have a yacht but I don't, it is nice to enjoy The Captain's Table with those who do though. Last time I was there I watched the boys in their Zodiac boats through the bay windows.

Day is breaking, all is well and time for a tranquil stroll with my hound. I am thinking an early evening with Eslin on my knee in my warm little cottage. Eslin is a loan officer. Can you imagine a woman lending money? Hey, this really is 2006! Very Happy

Oh God we are so lucky to be Americans living here in America near the Pacific and all. :wink:

I want all of you to have a happy day too! Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:29 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
....may I suggest that we make a list of suitable songs, so that he can burn a compilation CD to play in the car, when he's out cruising and generally being groovy.

"No respect" Aretha Franklin

PS: Jack, the comment you've made in German is most distasteful.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:34 am
"I wanna be rich" - Calloway
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:21 pm
Oh, give it up Victoria Clarke, please give it up! I thought we'd seen that last of that tired, frumpy dame.

Now she has a book out and I guess her agent is helping her to reinvent herself. Now it's "Tori" Clarke. Oh for Pete's sake give it up Victoria, I'm telling you.

Why is it the Republicans have such a lot of unattractive women, save Mrs. Bush, in the important world of domestic politics? My God what a bunch of stiff women, haggy babes to say the least.

Although I am not politically inclined in that direction I find Democratic women, Liberal women, looser and lovelier. Here today, right now, this very moment I am fully recuperated, ready for band practice after hosting a two day and two night love affair with a fiftyish Democrat woman. I never thought she would stop loving me, never thought she would stop!

Egads, here I am nearly 69 well outdistancing your average Lothario in age and performance by far. Yes I do drive a beautiful car, yes I do dress well, yes my manners are superb but surprisingly I am not a wealthy man. Well alright, extremely fortunate in love but not wealthy. Yet? Well, yet here they keep coming. I hate to admit it but I am but putty in the hands of the beautiful women, putty in their hands. And I am here to tell you I don't mind it one damn bit because after all, what else should I be doing at this point in life?

As usual my schedule is crisp and I am on top of things. My trombone practice today was flawless, my jog was rewarding as beads of sweat rolled down my neck being absorbed into the fabric of my quality running wear. I felt it necessary to post while I am cooling down before I hit the shower.

Right now I am wondering how my band director is. It has been a full week since I last saw her. I wonder if she has aged? Well, of course she has aged but i wonder if she has aged enough within the week so that it will be visible too me. Well, I hope not because she is a very lovely woman.

My neighbors have no idea how much of a sacrifice I make for them by muting my B88. Perhaps later in the year I will invite them over one Saturday afternoon and present them with some cheese and crackers while I solo for an hour or so. Until then I have to be content with unmuzzling the B88 on band night only.

Oh God wait until those people see the new horn tonight! Last week there was already murmurs on the other side of the wall about my playing. A woman I know (much to old for me to date) who plays flute in the advanced group told me that people were commenting on my playing. I play a clean, clear horn. To say the least. "Who is that on the other side of the wall blowing that mean horn?" "Oh, that's Jack, you know the tall, lean red haired man that drives the Signal Red roadster?"

"Oh my God THAT man? And his name is Jack?" "Yes that's Jack!"

Wouldn't you know, as usual most people know who I am but I have no idea who they are.

Gotta go. :wink:
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:36 pm
What exactly is the purpose of your posts, as it eludes me.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:48 pm
Chumly wrote:

Maybe it's an exercise to see if he can type efficiently, using just the one hand?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:50 pm
I think, he wants to change the subject alltogether,
and I don't blame him, it has become quite embarrassing,
hasn't it?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:54 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Chumly wrote:

Maybe it's an exercise to see if he can type efficiently, using just the one hand?
But Rosie you're all right -- you wear my ring
When you hold me tight -- Rosie that's my thing
When you turn out the light -- I've got to hand it to me
Looks like it's me and you again tonight Rosie
0 Replies