..."to the vagrant gypsy's life"... WHERED THE SUMMER GO?

Ragman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:32 am
@farmerman,
Yes. These cards are the same format and style..just the latest tech so the speed to read and write is much faster. When I upgraded mine, the speed to previews was very noticably faster than the same brand with previous generation of card. I use SanDisk also. The speed is 30Mb/sec 200x speed.

Extreme IV is the latest tech advancement.
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:50 am
@Ragman,
thanks, Ill start my quest for these media cards.

My replacement 50D and a "steady cam" Macro 100 was just delivered by UPS yesterday evening. Ive got a new polarizer and spare battery pack. I need a good cam bag that holds two cams and 4 lenses and a tripod. I am never leaving cameras on the floor of my car again.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:39 am
Glad to see you back, fm. So sorry to hear about your mishap and extended hospital stay. Two weeks in the hospital would do most people in!
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 10:06 am
@JPB,
I relly dont think I was in the hospital for a full two weeks cause I came from Bangor to Lancaster . With a trip in a rental van in between. I was pretty much out of it for about 2 weeks so I dont really remember much except for some really great dreams
spendius

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 10:55 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Extreme IV is the latest tech advancement.

They will keep going faster and faster so long as you hi-tech freaks keep running faster and faster into the stores which are selling today's fastest yet in order to be ahead of your rivals.

After a while being faster becomes more important than what it is faster for and a point can be reached, might even have already done so, where what it is faster for becomes completely forgotten and only that it is faster is of importance.

It happened to ballroom dancing long ago. The object of the exercise becomes diminished in comparison to the performance of it.
spendius

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 11:04 am
@farmerman,
Did I not float past in your dreams sitting upon a fleecy cloud in angel's garb strumming on a lyre and singing sweet songs of love and healing balm.

Tell us more. You are being coy and that's not scientific which is, as you know, telling it as it is.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:46 pm
@spendius,
ok, and how long were you mulling all that over? Was it a dull day?
spendius

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
It's never dull here.

Why are you ducking the questions? I can't imagine what is interesting without an explanation of what happened and what lessons you learned from it.
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:20 pm
@spendius,
If I wanted you to know more I woulda damn well told you. No offense mate but its really none a yours.
spendius

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 05:11 am
@farmerman,
It is you who brought the subject to our attention. Silence was an option. You want the cachet of brave adventure but without the details of what brave adventure might lead to. Which might easily lead people into brave adventures who have had the risks minimised.

Both sides should be given equal attention. Anything you say in public is the business of us all. We are all funding the rescue and recovery procedures. It is our business. Why should I fund those expensive services when I am at pains to avoid any risk of ever needing them and have to sit and watch those who deliberately take those risks posing as superior beings. And the vast majority of people are like me in this respect. Your activities are a pain in the ass and should be discouraged.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 05:49 am
@spendius,
Sorry to disappoint you , I suppose youll have to just go on with life unsatisfied.
Are you playing RJB's fantasy fooball? or engaging in word games?. Lets just move ahead and not dwell on the past.
dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 06:17 am
Summer is a coomin in here....quite warm and humid today....88 in your F measure.

I'm not rostered on over the Christmas break....hoo!
spendius

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 06:30 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Lets just move ahead and not dwell on the past.

I very much doubt you will be able to take that advice. Indeed you didn't when mentioned the contretemps with the floating tree and just enough of the consequences to elicit sympathy which is misplaced because anybody who goes out there on the wild waves deserves all they get and ought to be made to pay the full cost of their dude derring-do.

We had a brave intrepid soul who went up Ben Nevis in shorts, open-neck shirt and hush-puppies and a blizzard came on as they often do up on mountains which is why only idiots go there. It was reported that it cost £2million to get the silly sod back to where he belonged.

I've never heard of a Gypsy going in for any of that stuff. Are you a dude Gypsy fm?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:15 pm
@dlowan,
So that means that you will have the holiday break free of responsibilities? Thats nice. I always enjoyed a break between Christmas and New YEars.
dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:41 pm
@farmerman,
I think so......depends how much leave I have left.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:36 pm
@dlowan,
good luck on organizing leave. If youre not on a schedule to work, but you dont have enough leave, what do you do? just sit around and wait for stuff to happen?
spendius

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
That's what I do these days. That's hairy enough without taking the initiative as you did when you ended up in hospital. I hate hospitals. Self control vanishes in hospitals.

Hey- 4 sneaky, cowardly thumbs down on my last post eh? Can't be bad. I love indignation.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 06:15 pm
Spendius, he told me what happened and asked me to keep it to myself. But, because you're such a good friend to Farmerman and have such a keen interest in knowing what happened, I'll spill the beans.

The two-man crew of the charter boat took five passengers on a "three-week tour" along the East Coast of the United States. They ran into the remnants of a tropical storm and feared they would be shipwrecked on an uncharted island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. The Skipper and his crewman, Gilligan, spotted what looked like a giant whale about to take a chunk out of the boat's hull and sharply turned to port. This sudden movement knocked Farmerman off his feet and he bumped his head. Luckily the Professor was there and yelled to the Skipper that it was nothing but an old log. Maryann and Ginger got Farmerman back up on his feet, but then Mrs. Farmerman came up on deck and bonked Farmerman over the head again because he'd torn his shirt and lost their camera. Being the smart man that he is, Farmerman dropped to the deck again and started deleriously singing so the crew of the Minnow decided to head to shore to seek medical treatment for the poor guy. What was it that Farmerman was singing, you ask? Well, here's a recording of his singing:

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 07:06 pm
@Butrflynet,
hahaha
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 06:13 am
@Butrflynet,
Very good Buttie. I don't believe a word of it. Mrs Farmerman would never bonk our hero over the head when he's down.