..."to the vagrant gypsy's life"... WHERED THE SUMMER GO?

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
my Aurface is like an i Pad . I use it when Im in field .I take pix and explain in a notebook fashion all about the sequence of what we see . I like it for it allows me to generate a good "timeline" of a project.Ill even allow it to generate movies using one of my plug ins. When samples of stuff (like coal dust and bone layers of coal) are done, I can gain lotsa new information about how what Im looking for may exist in layers , strata and even coal dust washed into rivers.

I love my Surface it does much more than my ssistants iPads. (they are new post-docs with their first rel jobs, most academic stuff i bsed on Apple products), I dont know why maybe I got turned off by Apple when I was teaching because of their hard ass sales gimmicks to colleges. Too much gaming **** and doodling with Apples.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2020 01:07 pm
@farmerman,
Yep, the Surface is a nice piece.
But watch it with the 'gaming ****'. I’m jazzed about the next generation of PlayStation 5 . It’s going to change gaming I think. But maybe that’s just an old farts hope when he’s no longer suited to taking his car to a real track.
farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2020 01:55 pm
@Leadfoot,
I coulld get wrapped up in a game of skill (I have no understanding of role play games,I have enough **** going on managing my own reality).
Shooting stuff from a plane or racing, I could get into. Trouble with that it become a binge thing with me. Im a recovering ADD and getting totally absorbed with some diversion can become serious.

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 02:00 pm
@farmerman,
Maybe I’ve just never been diagnosed. Too late now, I’ll just stay addicted and hope I can endure : ).

Airplane repairs finally complete. Flight test tomorrow.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2020 05:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
becareful. Report in when you land.

"Any landing where you walk away is great. Any landing where you can use the plane again is brilliant.".

Are you still in Colorado??
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2020 01:42 pm
@farmerman,
Flight test delayed. Last minute problem when I tried to reinstall the engine cowl. I forgot that big floppy fiberglass pieces 'creep' when not held in place for over a year.

Yep, still in CO.
0 Replies