..."to the vagrant gypsy's life"... WHERED THE SUMMER GO?

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
aye, dere she be, We'll be coming in on the SE in some fine weather. Its glorious out. A biig touch of Fall. Gonna go brth and get om clams (Hotpe that Ruth Point seafoods opn)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:20 am
@farmerman,
Yachties all wear yellow wellies. Food workers tend to wear green wellies.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:32 am
@izzythepush,
get da **** outta hre. YELA WELLIES?? DO they have shipbord soles??
you cn really slip on a deck in high weather.
Mybe tht what you guys call Mucks?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:38 am
@farmerman,
I’m no yachtie. I worked on a ship.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you cn really slip on a deck in high weather.
And from a gangboard if that isn't regulated to the tide. (Experienced that a couple of times in Normandie. The worst was when I almost fall with all the ship's day food waste into the totally polluted harbour basin.)
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:04 am
@Walter Hinteler,
heading home , dont want to sit out any Sally remnants, in unknown harbors. Should be home tomorrow mid PM, have dinner at 21 Prime in Chesapeake City and
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:07 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Should be home tomorrow mid PM, have dinner at 21 Prime in Chesapeake City and

And what???? d'ja go overboard or dunk yer phone?
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
sorry, I spilled my bvvy on the dmn thing (I brought a laptop so I could see stuff btter, Im tracking White sharks that are tagged and on line )
We're near Cape Chas and we are anchored in the ICW for the night. we didnt make great time today we hit some rougher water and had to ride it out at a slower pace. It calm in here . Im thinking we are going to see some weather changes even though noone calls for it. Took the zodiac in and bought om clams. CLAMS n BEER, I had half a beer an Im smacked.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:40 pm
@farmerman,
Sounds like great day. One week in 99, I coffee'd two computers in a week. Two brand spanking new Dell Inspirons. The first one I fried, but the second one I pulled the power and popped the battery. I let it dry out for a couple of weeks and used it to run AutoCad for a couple of years. I used it for social media and e-mail for another six years and gave it to a friend who's e-mail laptop died.

If you don't dump coffee on 'em and you have a good protection and accept updates, suckers will go a long time.
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 08:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
boy, somebody really loves you. Qhered all these upvotes come from???
Anyway, were coming up to chestertown and we will be pulling into the home port within the next hour. Ive been talking with some member the last half hour and missed all the porpoises. Theyve come back to the Chesapeake so heavily that they are a hazard to cargo ships and the fsheries.

Georgetown U is tracking them and the numbers are staggering espcially lower Bay islands.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 08:40 am
@farmerman,
I have a fan, FreedomEyeLove, who's making an obscure point.

The numbers of porpoises is a good thing in general, though. Another example of the pandemic benefiting animals and lessening pollution or just a quirk or a side effect of global warming?

Some crabcakes on the menu?
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 09:09 am
@bobsal u1553115,
the Chesapeake has been cleaning and populating with stripers and blues etc. The porpoises are a result of water quality rather than some climate related water rise. Sea grassws hav rturnd , so have crabs .Snakeheads have been discovered as a really good crispy fish. I think e need to come up with a better name for snakeheads .

BTW, FEL is a kind of douche bag , like pinky or ollie. People want to get into a conversation and hes baiting . I bit into his comic book and t turned into a chemitry lesson. I dont know why I just dont ignore these 4 or 5 assholes
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:28 pm
@farmerman,
home again home again home from the sea,
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 02:37 pm
@farmerman,
I like small sheepshead (under 12"), they have a poor name for marketing, too.

They refuse to be ignored, I finally have and its easier than I thought. But to work we need to make it a group effort.
farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
time for a loong nap. Dinner was enjoyable, got the boat cleaned of our flotsam. Wepaid the marina staffers to power wash and buff the boat. and we await a bill for the charter, No more boat trips till 2021.

Ive got an assignment Ill hve to bgin next week. For the next few days, Im gonna vegggggggg.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2020 07:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I like small sheepshead (under 12"), they have a poor name for marketing, too.
what are they like?? I always thought they were a kind of sea carp like Drum fish.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
If you don't dump coffee on 'em and you have a good protection and accept updates, suckers will go a long time.

Unless you got suckered into a top of the line Microsoft Surface Book. The batteries expand after a couple of years causing the screen to pop out of the housing. Buying another one is Microsoft's recommended fix.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:08 am
@Leadfoot,
I have a computer sized plastic container into which the laptop fits on a boat. It sits where all the chart plotters and GPS and LL lay.
Then, I often cover the whole mess with a 6 mike weighted plastic sheet. Sometimes we will travel with the Pilot house ope and you can get sprayed on if you gt a small "rogue wave" SALT WATER is not our friend
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:10 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:

Unless you got suckered into a top of the line Microsoft Surface Book. The batteries expand after a couple of years
Did not know this. My Surface is about a yarn ahalf old, SHould I just dump this one (Walmart buys my phones)
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
There is Surface and there is Surface Book. The 'book' has batteries in the display housing, the Surface has them in the keyboard housing so it does not have this problem. I should have bought a Surface, I never use the detachable display of the Book version as a tablet anyway.