..."to the vagrant gypsy's life"... WHERED THE SUMMER GO?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2020 10:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Walter can do the math better than I
Not at all! (But I remember that I was taught about that, nearly exactly 51 years ago Very Happy )
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 01:47 pm
@farmerman,
Do me a favor: have a large lobster roll lunch somewhere around Fundy with Ms Farmer and send the bill!

<edit> Just realized how old this is. The offers still good!
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2020 02:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thanks for the offer but since Im in training I will refrain from lobsters altogether this trip. We leave tomorrow, I sure hope nothing weirder than's been going on of late happens while Im away.
got back from loading up the freezer and checking all the nav. equip.

Walter, looked it up and it's a wetted surface of 58 ft (whatethe square root is(Ill guess around 7.7 ) TIMES 1.34 we have whopping 10 k not really too bad , not a canal boat speed but not a trimaran either)
farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 05:52 am
@farmerman,
see ya all for a bit.

1Shut the windows if it looks like rain.

2put the cat out

3 make sure pinky gets some sleep.

Ill check in time ta time, Im only taking the cel l phone and no good cameras, the water may get rough as we hit some squalls and I had a bitch of a time cleaning salt water from lenses and filters.

Cast off at 2 PM (EST)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 06:57 am
@farmerman,
Always a handswidth of water under the keel!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2020 07:51 am
And that sometimes at anchor is the best place to be at sea!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2020 01:58 pm
made it to Barneggat Light and are staying aboard tonite. Push to get to Block Island by Tomorrow PM, Will chug all day Mon and try to make it to SW HaahBahh Me.
Bad storms yesterday ,TODAY its a heavenly Fall breezy day. Upper 60's
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 12:26 pm
A ship in port is safe,
But that is not what ships are for.

Still working on my airship in hopes of a voyage before winter.
farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2020 12:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
have to stay US sides, RCMP and CG have covid areas set. We wont be going up into fundy at all and even Passamaquoddy is kinda limited. Cant go round East Head stopping at Lubec and then coming home sometime after we eat all the food and kill much of the beverage. We over provisioned by a long shot.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2020 12:47 pm
@farmerman,
Over provisioned? Then be sure to pull into a local NYC dock and set up a "Welcome To Autumn" gathering for us locals. We'll deplete your supplies quickly.

....although there may be that little issue of a 14 day quarantine/stopover to deal with....
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:14 am
@Sturgis,
we have enough coffee and cereal and dried camp meals (Kinda like nautical MRE's). The water- maker can desal and crank out about 3 gal of fresh clean water per hour so we store enough for showers and laundry nd COOKING so we are quite comfy in the liquidus department , every meal has been quite satifying .We even have a charcoal grille attached to the fantail. We didnt buy any charcoal and a starter can till e stopped off in the Hamptons. (I really dont like the Hamptons, or at least the harbor area we berthed at)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:24 am
@farmerman,
Bit of rhyming slang for you.

Hampton: penis

Hampton wick prick
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 03:32 am
@izzythepush,
you been smokin somthing controlled this fin AM??
I have no idea of what youre getting at xcept some cockney ??

Is hampton a Brit term for a johnson?? what' the etymolgy of that one??

Wade Hampton was a Confederate General who served the CSA in a rather non-distinguished manner and lived on for a post war post as he was many times re-elected as a US Senator and made money as a kind of Reconstruction Profiteer.

H wa kind of a racit orick, but as far as a rhyme name??? that honors him . He should just be left on boot hill
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 04:10 am
@farmerman,
It’s fairly straight forward. Rhyming slang uses a two word phrase and the word that does not rhyme is the slang term that is used.

Hampton Wick, (an actual part of London) rhymes with prick so Hampton, the non rhyming part, becomes the slang term.

Like butcher’s hook, look as in ‘give us a butcher’s at that.’

Or rabbit and pork talk. As in she doesn’t half rabbit.
Chas and Dave wrote a song about it, called rabbit.
farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 09:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you. Im gld I can spak Wnglish, not so many silly rhymes
izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 10:26 am
@farmerman,
Sometimes more than one rhyming phrase is used. This is taken to ridiculous lengths in the film Cockneys vs Zombies where Hamish explains why the walking dead are called Trafalgars.

Trafalgar Square fox and hare
Hairy Greek five day week
Weak and feeble pins and needle
Needle and stitch Abercrombie and Fitch
Abercrombie Zombie.

Simple.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 01:04 am
@izzythepush,
We hope to land back at Block Island and we will stay there a day or so. Im on watch for a morning arrival .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:23 am
@farmerman,
https://i.imgur.com/EeQxAy2.jpg

Light Signal FI G 5s Wink
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:34 am
@farmerman,
The yellow welly brigade are up in arms, both Southampton boat shows were cancelled on Friday, the day they were supposed to start. Local BBC news South Today did a twenty minute piece on how wonderful it was that the shows were still going on on Thursday.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 06:01 am
@izzythepush,
what's a "Yellow Welly" brigade?? We have cowboy booted douche bagsand Timberline militia assholes, but a wellington crew, wow, i alcohol involved like in our groups?