Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:15 pm
Montana wrote:
Bella
Thanks for the info. I'm always open to learning new things and always admit when I'm wrong :-D

Sorry brookiie.

I know...which is why we love you so much around here! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:18 pm
BellA of course. Embarrassed

I dunno Italian but I think I like that. :-D

lilbrookie, I try to avoid piling on so I haven't said anything, but one point I'd like to add:

lilbrookie wrote:
if parents can afford it they should. just because they buy you a car doesnt mean you dont know what hard work and determination are. when your in highschool its time to live it up. you have no worries. you have 50 years ahead of you where you have to worry about taxes and full time jobs and the real life. let your kids experience fun before they get into that.

The thing is, when you're 16, you're still forming the self that will carry you through the next 50 years. A self that has a sense of entitlement is far more likely to have problems in those next 50 years. To not be able to stick with the little annoying jobs that just about everyone has to endure before you get to a job that is more what you want. To not rack up enormous debt buying things that you "deserve", even if you don't have the money for it just yet. A sense of responsibility and a work ethic will get you much further.

I do see understanding of this and maturity between the lines, just wanted to make that point.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:19 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Montana wrote:
Bella
Thanks for the info. I'm always open to learning new things and always admit when I'm wrong :-D

Sorry brookiie.

I know...which is why we love you so much around here! Very Happy

Awwww shucks <kicks the dirt>!!! We love you right back Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:19 pm
lilbrookiie wrote:
well im not a whining baby..its just how i get when im in a debate. and i dont like to type proper when im talking to my friends or in posts.

Ok, well just so you know, people do not take you seriously when you can't form a complete sentence.

lilbrookiie wrote:

and btw i think its the boys and the argueing that makes the show interesting..its fun to watch.

I never said anything about you liking the show. I think you really set yourself up for this whole "debate" by starting your first post:

lilbrookiie wrote:
yea i love em 2!i love john!hes sooo hott!!i hate people who call them spoiled rich boys who wear 2 much gel!their really not spoiled...they work for their money..they get paychecks for the show and all the other publicity they do.they also look good with their hair spiked!ITS HOTT! Very Happy

They ARE spoiled.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:20 pm
sozobe wrote:
BellA of course. Embarrassed

I dunno Italian but I think I like that. :-D

Means:

Soz is a beautiful and intelligent woman!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:26 pm
lilbrookiie wrote:
well im not a whining baby..its just how i get when im in a debate. and i dont like to type proper when im talking to my friends or in posts. i dont disrespect my parents. i treat my parents with respect. but im not gunna lie..theirs times when i just argue with them about not getting my way. every teen has done it. and its not about being spoiled or hard work and determination..its just all parents think differently..some think the kid should work for their first car and some dont. my parents dont spoil me at all. yea they bought me a 15,000 jetta but thats all.i work for everything else. i pay my insurance, i pay for my own cloths, etc etc. theirs only one person i know who has to work for their car and its my cousin. they just cant afford a new car thats all. its all about your surroundings that affects the way you think. all my friends have gotten their first cars from their parents.

and btw i think its the boys and the argueing that makes the show interesting..its fun to watch.

You seemed to have toned it down a notch in this post and that's a start.
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:30 pm
we've had five pages of this long converstion lol. its funny talking to you guys and i do agree with you all. but i still love boys. i think they'll mature over time and respect their mom more but for now its just funny watching them. Very Happy its funny how one post can lead to a huge debate. i agree..when your 16 its time to prepare yourself but i have to much of senioritis.all i care about now is having fun. it does that to you when your a senior.then reality comes back to you in college!
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:31 pm
sorry i meant "i still love the boys not boys"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 04:47 pm
lilbrookiie wrote:
we've had five pages of this long converstion lol. its funny talking to you guys and i do agree with you all. but i still love boys. i think they'll mature over time and respect their mom more but for now its just funny watching them. Very Happy its funny how one post can lead to a huge debate. i agree..when your 16 its time to prepare yourself but i have to much of senioritis.all i care about now is having fun. it does that to you when your a senior.then reality comes back to you in college!

Wow! You just toned it down about 10 notches here and I like this brookiie so much better! Can we keep her? :-D

I like boys too, except I like mine much older ;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 06:45 am
lilbrookiie wrote:
but i still love boys. i

This is one thing we can agree on. The male "species" (let's admit they are from another planet) is wonderful!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 06:46 am
Montana wrote:
lilbrookiie wrote:

Wow! You just toned it down about 10 notches here and I like this brookiie so much better! Can we keep her? :-D

Me too. Smile
0 Replies

jwalker

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:40 am
well i was just observing the "debate" going on about the gotti's and i found it rather interesting.You could call me a big fan of the gottis but i do find that there seems to be no limit to their behavior.However they are one of the hottest guys i have ever seen. Laughing
i just wish that lilbrokiie would understand that it is not a necessary part of life to yell at your parents or for them to buy you your first car.It is actually whether parents teach their children the value of money nowadays.Being a teenager myself,as much as i want so many cool things,i still think whether i actually have a need for it at all.
yeah well thats basically what i wanted to say regarding this whole "issue". Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:53 am
jwalker
Great post and I couldn't agree more. Sounds like you are a teenager who has it together.

Welcome to A2K :-D
0 Replies

jwalker

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:57 am
haha thanks.Its just what my parents have drilled into me since day one.

thanks for the welcome Smile
0 Replies

whatever555

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 04:52 pm
gotti boys
Ok easy ppl. The thing that i dislike most about older ppl is they think they know lots of stuff because they been around longer well i think not and believe me times have changed its not like it use to be first off all Victoria is a great mom of those 3 boys. And second you don't give away respect to anyone i don't care how old you are you earn respect! Teens rebel get over it. And no the gottis aren't normal and they do get lots of expensive things but commomn anyone who had there kind of money would buy there kid lots of things! and let me just say this isn't suppose to be an offeding message im just stating my opinion. And im not saying that i don;'t respect ppl im just sayin you earn my respect by respecting me if u no wut i mean .. so don't take affence
Peace out
0 Replies

jwalker

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 03:26 am
actually i think whats going on here has a very simple explanation.For adults, or grownups, they probably feel that money is being wasted by what the gottis spend on. To working adults,they understand what it's like to work for the money,and even though u are a teenager that has a job, it's not the same as having to provide for the family, put food on the table,and groom your kids to be able to do the same thing.
i find that us teenagers tend to have this feeling that we know everything and that i doesn't matter if our parents are older or not.I get into a lot of arguments with my dad over little things like this.
anyway the point is that teens tend to want to be like the gotti boys.They are "cool" in the eyes of US.There has being countless times when i would be "oooing" and "ahhing" at whatever things they do,and my mom would come up to the tv and mutter "teenagers nowadays".
its not really that older people try to drive home the fact that they know more.its just that times now are different then how they were in the good old days. To see a bunch of teens who have never worked for the money just throw it all away on liabilities, it's really a big shame.
Haha well i don;t know whether anyone knows what im talking about here.oh well.
0 Replies

jwalker

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 03:27 am
*it
*don't

boy.i hate typo errors
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 07:17 am
Re: gotti boys
whatever555 wrote:
Ok easy ppl. The thing that i dislike most about older ppl is they think they know lots of stuff because they been around longer well i think not and believe me times have changed its not like it use to be

No it isn't. But the fact of the matter is, the more you experience, the more you know. And you can't possibly have the same experience as someone twice your age. Just ain't possible.

whatever555 wrote:

And second you don't give away respect to anyone i don't care how old you are you earn respect!

The one thing we agree on. So how do you expect us to repect you? You make ridiculous claims, spout off that you know as much or more than those who've literally been through more than you could even imagine and then get angry and snotty.

whatever555 wrote:

Teens rebel get over it. And no the gottis aren't normal and they do get lots of expensive things but commomn anyone who had there kind of money would buy there kid lots of things! and let me just say this isn't suppose to be an offeding message im just stating my opinion. And im not saying that i don;'t respect ppl im just sayin you earn my respect by respecting me if u no wut i mean .. so don't take affence
Peace out

Again, how are we suppose to respect you after the things you post? It's hard to respect someone who refuses to listen to what you have to say. You don't have to believe us. We know that in time, you will understand our point of view. It just comes with age. You just need to get over yourself and your "teens rebel" thing because rebellion and disrespect for parents and other people are two different things. And the teens I see today aren't rebelling. They are disrespecting the same people that gave them the life they take for granted.

And my post is not meant to be offending. It's meant to be educational. You are so young, I won't fault you for your strong opinions and disillusion. That's being a teenager. I will fault you for not taking the time to listen to what people who have been around the same block you're on, many, many times before.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:25 am
Bravo, Bella. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Times may change, but one thing that will never change is the fact that with age comes wisdom ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:49 am
Hey, Montana! I've missed seeing you around these parts lately. I know about the job & long hours & all, but I've still missed you. {smooch}

Yes, I completely agree with "whatever" about needing to earn my respect. Unfortunately, nothing else he's said has earned mine. He comes off as an arrogant, self-centered boy. But we were all that way once, weren't we? Until life threw us up against the wall and gave us a little humility.

Your turn is coming, whatever. Try not to piss off too many people you might need later.

I remember my father saying that when he was 16, he thought if he grew up to be twice as smart as his father, he might just make it. When he was 25, he thought if he turned out to be as smart as his father, he'd be okay. And by the time he hit 30, he realized that if he was half as smart, he'd be lucky.
0 Replies