gezzy

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 01:29 pm
Thanks you guys! You're so sweet to say such nice things about me.
Self respect is sooo important to me and if I don't respect myself, who will?
I love my parents and I could never treat someone I love like crap. I don't understand why so many teens treat them bad, but I guess they're just selfish and only care about themselves. That's pretty sad, if you ask me!
I would think that kids would want their parents to be proud of them, but I guess some kids just don't care.

Thanks again you guys.
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 01:48 pm
how can you say you know more about mafia than i do?you dont know me...you dont know what i know!i could know victoria and her sons and you wouldnt even know.i could have family members in the mafia so dont assume that you know more than me.i know the mafia didnt end at their grandfather. mafia is men..not women. it means strong men or something like that. victoria cant be in the mafia and i dont think she would let her sons. i also never said i treat my parnets like garbage. i love my parents. they love me.yea i might get a little heated and start screaming but i still love them. i argue with them but i always follow their rules anyway. theirs nothing wrong with your parents buying you your first car. if parents can afford it they should. just because they buy you a car doesnt mean you dont know what hard work and determination are. when your in highschool its time to live it up. you have no worries. you have 50 years ahead of you where you have to worry about taxes and full time jobs and the real life. let your kids experience fun before they get into that. you get your license when your 16 right? who the **** wants to work and work and work to buy a car when your 16. your 16! well whatever we still will have our opinions at the end of all this so i guess we should just end this **** now because im not changing ur opinion and ur not changing mine..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:24 pm
I never told you I knew more about the mafia than you do, so please refrain from putting words in my mouth!
You've got a lot to learn little girl and you're going to be learning it the hard way!
No parent "should" buy their teenager a car and if they have the means to do so and make the choice to do so, then it's something that the teen should deserve. If a parent hands a defiant teenager a car, then they are not very good parents!
Yeah, cars are very expensive and they don't cost any less for your parents than they do for you, so why should they bust their chops to buy you a car so you can go out and live it up?
You're old enough to learn to start standing on your own two feet and if you don't start now, you're in for a rude awakening!

You're going to have a really rough time when it's time to step into the real world, so buckle up baby!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:34 pm
lilbrookiie wrote:
mafia is men..not women. it means strong men or something like that.

That just shows how little you do know...American mafia is traditionally men however there are female bosses in Italy and some even in Sicily.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:40 pm
Yep, I forgot to mention that!
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:40 pm
yea ooookkkk!!my parents arent bad parents just because they bought me my first car..they just want to see me have fun in my teen days. just because i dont spend months working for a damn car doesnt mean im not gunna make it in the real world. my parents bought my older brother his first car and now hes 28 and he owns his own real estate company and drives a range rover and a bmw 7 series. yea hes such a flop isnt he.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:42 pm
lilbrookiie wrote:
how can you say you know more about mafia than i do?you dont know me...you dont know what i know!i could know victoria and her sons and you wouldnt even know.i could have family members in the mafia so dont assume that you know more than me.

You were the one who started the "I know so much and you know nothing bit". All I ever stated was that #1, I thought it was far fetched that a 16 year old girl would have spent time studying the mafia and #2 that I have simply been on this planet longer than you so the odds of me reading and studying more are pretty good.

See?

Bella Dea wrote:
lilbrookiie wrote:
yea i have a clue who this family is. i know everything their possibly is.ive done so much research and obviously you all havent.

Are you kidding me? I'd ask you to tell me a little about the Gotti family history but I know you'd just google it to get me an answer. There aren't a lot of teen girls who study the mafia.

Bella Dea wrote:

And don't presume to know what I know. I can pretty much guarantee that I have studied far more than you....for a lot longer.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:44 pm
lilbrookiie wrote:
yea ooookkkk!!my parents arent bad parents just because they bought me my first car..they just want to see me have fun in my teen days. just because i dont spend months working for a damn car doesnt mean im not gunna make it in the real world. my parents bought my older brother his first car and now hes 28 and he owns his own real estate company and drives a range rover and a bmw 7 series. yea hes such a flop isnt he.

It isn't about buying a car so much as it is your crappy attitude toward what you "deserve".
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:44 pm
Montana wrote:

Very Happy Great minds think alike, huh?
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
yea theirs SOME female mafia bosses in ITALY! the meaning of mafia is "manly". i know alot but i dont have to explain myself to any of you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:50 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
lilbrookiie wrote:

It isn't about buying a car so much as it is your crappy attitude toward what you "deserve".

Yep, Bella hits the nail right on the head!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:52 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Montana wrote:

Very Happy Great minds think alike, huh?

I couldn't agree more ;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:54 pm
Lilbrookie, you've lost all credibility in our eyes so it doesn't matter now anyway. You obviously don't know proper punctuation and grammar and you surely don't understand the meaning of respect. If you know so much, why don't you prove it by acting like a grown-up instead of a whiney baby? Because that is just what you sound like in you posts.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:57 pm
Here's what I found for the meaning of mafia and I don't see anything in there that mention it meaning men.

Ma·fi·a (mä'fē-ə)
n.
A secret terrorist organization in Sicily, operating since the early 19th century in opposition to legal authority.
A secret criminal organization of Italian origin operating in the United States and engaged in illegal activities such as gambling, drug-dealing, and prostitution.
Any of various similar criminal organizations, especially when dominated by members of the same nationality.
often mafia Informal. A tightly knit group of trusted associates, as of a political leader:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 02:59 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Lilbrookie, you've lost all credibility in our eyes so it doesn't matter now anyway. You obviously don't know proper punctuation and grammar and you surely don't understand the meaning of respect. If you know so much, why don't you prove it by acting like a grown-up instead of a whiney baby? Because that is just what you sound like in you posts.

Yup!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:03 pm
Well, in lilbrookies defense (although it pains me greatly) I do have to say that originally, the word mafia did mean something to the effect of bold man.
You will note, however, that the very original meaning was "beauty, charm, perfection and excellence" in the field they were in.

Quote:

"Capuana, the novelist, found that the word had the same meaning in Catania, where there has never been any Mafia. 'Mafia and its derivatives,' he wrote, 'always meant and do mean 'beauty, charm, perfection, excellence' in their field. Una ragazza mafiosa (a smart-looking girl); mafiusedda (rather charming, neat); casa mafiusedda (a fine looking house). The word mafia adds to the idea of beauty the idea of superiority, of bravery, the feeling of being a man, boldness, but never in the sense of arrogance or braggadocio. After 1860, however, it acquired a new meaning."

The "new meaning" being organized crime and the definition Montana gave us.

From the website listed below.
Sicilian Culture
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:06 pm
Oh, Bello, you're so mafiosa! ;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:07 pm
I am, aren't I? :wink:

Ok, but....

Il Soz è una bella, donna intelligente!
0 Replies

lilbrookiie

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:12 pm
well im not a whining baby..its just how i get when im in a debate. and i dont like to type proper when im talking to my friends or in posts. i dont disrespect my parents. i treat my parents with respect. but im not gunna lie..theirs times when i just argue with them about not getting my way. every teen has done it. and its not about being spoiled or hard work and determination..its just all parents think differently..some think the kid should work for their first car and some dont. my parents dont spoil me at all. yea they bought me a 15,000 jetta but thats all.i work for everything else. i pay my insurance, i pay for my own cloths, etc etc. theirs only one person i know who has to work for their car and its my cousin. they just cant afford a new car thats all. its all about your surroundings that affects the way you think. all my friends have gotten their first cars from their parents.

and btw i think its the boys and the argueing that makes the show interesting..its fun to watch.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 03:14 pm
Bella
Thanks for the info. I'm always open to learning new things and always admit when I'm wrong :-D

Sorry brookiie.
0 Replies