If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

RexRed

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How spiteful is your god?
cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 02:17 pm
@RexRed,
I'm an atheist; no gods. Just Nature.
Jason Proudmoore

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 02:48 pm
@revel,
you almost got me....those passages are good examples that support Christianity picking and choosing verses that fit their beliefs...it is not laughable; it's repulsive to think that a being of such magnitude would consider commanding His people to commit genocide in His name...Christians should feel ashamed!!
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 02:56 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
The end of it all, is the true God is fair.

Is the God of the bible fair? NO...

Are the people who literally interpret the Bible fair? NO!

Europeans came to the native Americans and instead of extending an olive branch of peace and trade exterminated many peoples till many PEACEFUL indigenous peoples became totally wiped out and extinct. They called them "tribes and savages" rather than peoples with dignity and a right to their own way to the divine... Christians then started hunting witches in Salem and the witch hunt still goes on today with their mantra "God hates homosexuals".

Is the true God fair yes? The God of the bible is NOT fair... Christians have so much murder and carnage on their hands they should never again be allowed to even rule a toilet. That is why I do not support the republicans today. As long as they have the fundamental, literalists religious right pulling their stings I will vote democrat. No religion based upon the old testament in a literal radical approach should ever be allowed to rule a state or county.

That goes for Christianity, Judaism and Islam... It is time to take literal interpretations of the Bible and toss them out the window and rethink the rules of society based upon tolerance, equality and humanity and love in the pursuit of ones own happiness and liberty.

The problem with the Bible is that it is so sweet one moment, seemingly divine, then it is hateful, arrogant and truly barbaric the next.

Radicals use these barbaric passages to justify hate and unconscionable murder.

Thus the Bible itself is not a document trustworthy of the ethical virtues and rule of faith and practice PERIOD... Thus the God of the bible is not the TRUE God... The true God is pure and true without ambiguity.

This does not mean that there is not truth in the Bible... but there is truth in an issue of playboy too.
0 Replies

RexRed

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 03:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh so you are just spiteful on your own and expect everyone else' Gods to be good?

Nature is wild animals, and no "civilized" olive branch there either...
cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:09 pm
@RexRed,
Spiteful on my own? We're talking about spite of your god.

Humans are wild animals; that's the reason most civilized cultures have laws and prisons.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 05:03 pm
Here's a link sent to me by my sister. I know all you religious folks will really enjoy this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0r_FbARIn8
Jason Proudmoore

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Here's a link sent to me by my sister. I know all you religious folks will really enjoy this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0r_FbARIn8

This is what is called child abuse.
cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 07:14 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
Hey, it helped that kid cope with the loss of his cow. Since he's still a youngster, he can always change his ways after he learns the truth.
0 Replies

husker

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 08:28 pm
@Francis,
hypocrites are everywhere - just happens
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You agree with me and then say I'm missing the point

We should have had that coffee when we had the chance.

My bad.
neologist

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:52 pm
@Lightwizard,
Pretzels are good with beer.

Of course, lots of things are good with beer

Including more beer.

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/cheers.gif
neologist

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:55 pm
@RexRed,
Are you saying that bachelorhood is a defining sign of homosexuality?
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:57 pm
@RexRed,
If there were a True God, he certainly would explain himself to us, don't you think?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Jan, 2010 10:14 pm
@neologist,
It's okay neo, I have great patience when it comes to you!
neologist

Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
What shall we do about this poor confused soul, CI?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Thu 7 Jan, 2010 09:59 am
@neologist,
Beer is a miracle of, er, well, the Sumarian goddess Ninkasi. Just like Benedictine is a miracle of the Benedictine monks who were guided into alcoholism by their God. They were getting drunk back then to get up the nerve up to invite an alter boy into their chamber.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:29 pm
What a great question!
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 1 Mar, 2010 05:02 am
The story goes that Jesus died and God raised him from the dead...

perhaps there is hope for us...
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 1 Mar, 2010 07:55 am
@Lightwizard,
Interesting perspective that people who go to church only at the big holidays are closet agnostics or atheists. I never put that sort of absence of practice in that light.
0 Replies