If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

cicerone imposter

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 03:07 pm
@neologist,
Would that be a sheep's skull?
neologist

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 03:09 pm
@Lightwizard,
How many times would the true God have to explain his purpose?

neologist

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 03:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Would that be a sheep's skull?
Dunno

He said it was gray

Zat mean sumpthin?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 06:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And when you look at those stars, how many years did the light from those stars reach earth?

Earth years? Or, God years?
tycoon

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 07:06 pm
@Intrepid,
Translation:

Whatever I want it to mean.
Lightwizard

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 07:52 pm
@tycoon,
This must be stupid question week on A2K. I must be because that's a New Year's Resolution: stop asking stupid questions.
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
JP didn't shoot down anything I said he simply just didn't understand it.... Neither did you CI. If I can take the time to write it you could at least take the time to read and comprehend it.

JP just acknowledged that science cannot go beyond what it can RIGHTFULLY observe. Well who doesn't know that? First graders in grammar school are taught that...

Yet, when we look at train tracks they "appear" to converge on the horizon, so are our eyes and the power of their "observation" trustworthy in hindsight? NO... NOT ALWAYS.

JP also demonstrates that he lives shortsighted with blindfolds because of his myopic limited outlook which is canned by junk food science . That he lacks imagination, speculation and sense of wonderment.

What bridges the gap between what science appears to know and what is far beyond our comprehension? I'll answer that... dropped jaws and a REALLY BIG SILENCE... and, pin drops.

Science once postulated that the moon encompassed the globe in perfect circles before it was realized that the moon and other celestial bodies traveled in ellipses. This ERROR was not "from, the bible"... NO, but from arrogant, written in stone observations, calculations, manipulations postulated, certified, verified and believed by the majority of the scientists of the day... It was posted, pushed, published and rammed down the unsuspecting public's throats as the undeniable TRUTH of the universe...

That was until Newton came and disagreed... At that point Newton refused to even debate the issue. We now know that Newton was right...

They also postulated and argued till they were blue in the face that light was not separated by a prism but the imperfections of the glass caused the colors of light . This egregious and erroneous wrong teaching was also "not from, the Bible..." but from the errant, arrogant, self worshiping, pig headed, faulty calculations, rarifications, thought irrefutable, undeniable "observations" of the self proclaimed faculty of scientists of Newton's day... These erroneous errors were also fed to the general public as, err, scientific FACT... That was until Newton proved them ALL wrong...

When we consider how many time that science books have been edited, certified, re-certified, abridged, recompiled, annotated, condensed and burned as kindling we learn that science is often but not always a religion in itself. It take a forward thinker to dispute what the herd believes without question. Strict adherence to formal science and training often ruins the minds of visionaries.
RexRed

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:05 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
I neither acknowledge nor deny the existence of a God... I am not so arrogant... I neither argue for nor against God... I simply do not shut the door on the unknown as you apparently have.
RexRed

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:07 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
...and you think I live in a fantasy world?
RexRed

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 03:18 am
I prefer the "gray wardens" of Dragon Age Smile
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:50 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
JP just acknowledged that science cannot go beyond what it can RIGHTFULLY observe.

You forgot to include "test" in your sentence..."Science cannot go beyond what it can RIGHTFULLY observe and test"...is there any other way to acquire knowledge, REX, than observing and testing, and more testing?

Quote:
Yet, when we look at train tracks they "appear" to converge on the horizon, so are our eyes and the power of their "observation" trustworthy in hindsight? NO... NOT ALWAYS.

This is explanation given by science...would you agree?

Quote:

JP also demonstrates that he lives shortsighted with blindfolds because of his myopic limited outlook which is canned by junk food science . That he lacks imagination, speculation and sense of wonderment.

You are the one who lack imagination and sense of reality...I go after the scientific method...not creationism pseudo science, which isn't real science.

Quote:

What bridges the gap between what science appears to know and what is far beyond our comprehension? I'll answer that... dropped jaws and a REALLY BIG SILENCE... and, pin drops.

I'm going to answer that...it is the ignorance about science and reality.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4610/reality2.jpg

Quote:

Science once postulated that the moon encompassed the globe in perfect circles before it was realized that the moon and other celestial bodies traveled in ellipses.

That sounds more like creationism pseudo science...okay, I'm going to go alone with you and say that science actually thought that about the moon...let me ask you a question: if that's true, who do you think corrected this error, science or creationism?
Quote:

This ERROR was not "from, the bible"...

Of course this error was not from the Bible! But the Bible still affirms that the Earth is flat, and other craziness about science that no biologist, cosmology, nor paleontologist would accept.

Quote:
NO, but from arrogant, written in stone observations, calculations, manipulations postulated, certified, verified and believed by the majority of the scientists of the day...

And for an agnostic, you put a lot of faith in the Bible, and reject hundred of years of scientific understanding and achievements...look around you, Rex, don't you see what science has done for you...the way we have harnessed the power of electricity...forms of communication like radio, television, and the internet are just minor examples of scientific achievements that science has provided to humanity...now answer me this, what has religion provided for the betterment of our society?

Quote:
It was posted, pushed, published and rammed down the unsuspecting public's throats as the undeniable TRUTH of the universe...

Science makes mistakes...and science corrects its mistakes...that's the beauty of science...it grows, unlike religion. Science takes the long way to acquire knowledge...unlike religion which claims to know the truth...

Quote:
That was until Newton came and disagreed... At that point Newton refused to even debate the issue. We now know that Newton was right...

Are you mentioning Newton because he was religious? Nice try...Newton's religion had nothing to do with his scientific achievements...the scientific method was what did the trick.
So, Rex, did you know that Newton was an alchemist?

Quote:
They also postulated and argued till they were blue in the face that light was not separated by a prism but the imperfections of the glass caused the colors of light .

I don't know where you're getting all this...
"From 1670 to 1672, Newton lectured on optics. During this period he investigated the refraction of light, demonstrating that a prism could decompose white light into a spectrum of colours, and that a lens and a second prism could recompose the multicoloured spectrum into white light.[29]"
"He also showed that the coloured light does not change its properties by separating out a coloured beam and shining it on various objects. Newton noted that regardless of whether it was reflected or scattered or transmitted, it stayed the same colour. Thus, he observed that colour is the result of objects interacting with already-coloured light rather than objects generating the colour themselves. This is known as Newton's theory of colour."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton

Quote:
This egregious and erroneous wrong teaching was also "not from, the Bible...

Of course it wasn't in the Bible. The Bible teaches us that if you showed a pregnant cow striped patterns, it would bear striped calves: Genesis: 30:37-43
...and this is science?!!!your science?!!!

Quote:
but from the errant, arrogant, self worshiping, pig headed, faulty calculations, rarifications, thought irrefutable, undeniable "observations" of the self proclaimed faculty of scientists of Newton's day... These erroneous errors were also fed to the general public as, err, scientific FACT... That was until Newton proved them ALL wrong...

Science is a self-correcting process... the data is what counts in the end...what has the Bible contributed with the acquisition of knowledge for all humanity?

Quote:
When we consider how many time that science books have been edited, certified, re-certified, abridged, recompiled, annotated, condensed and burned as kindling we learn that science is often but not always a religion in itself. It take a forward thinker to dispute what the herd believes without question. Strict adherence to formal science and training often ruins the minds of visionaries.

Science has corrected many errors for hundreds of years, because scientific knowledge has been growing through time... and as scientific discoveries are revealed...can you name me an useful method for gaining knowledge of the universe apart from science? Hope you don't say "faith"...
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:51 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
I neither acknowledge nor deny the existence of a God... I am not so arrogant... I neither argue for nor against God... I simply do not shut the door on the unknown as you apparently have.

You are a fraud...another dude passing for something that he's not!
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:52 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
...and you think I live in a fantasy world?

I just don't "think" that you live in a fantasy world, I KNOW that you live in a fantasy world.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 10:27 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
RR has proven himself over and over that he lives in a fantasy world, so I agree with you that "I know."
Lightwizard

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 10:34 am
@neologist,
It's not "how many times," it's "how many places." So you believe the Hebrews were the "chosen people." That's fine and so Medieval.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 02:10 pm
@RexRed,
RR wrote:
Quote:

JP just acknowledged that science cannot go beyond what it can RIGHTFULLY observe.

That's how you defeat your own position; science is all about observation and evidence. That's 100% more than your position on anything.

Please identify for us what you mean by "junkfood science?"
Jason Proudmoore

Tue 29 Dec, 2009 06:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
RR has proven himself over and over that he lives in a fantasy world, so I agree with you that "I know."

His lack of perception of reality has forced him to exclusively lie for Jesus... There are those who are known as "the Jews for Jesus"...and now we have an "agnostic for Jesus" known as "RR"...this is getting better and better.
Lightwizard

Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
"Rightfully" has a religious connotation usually seen at the end of an old 50's sci-fi movie, "Man was not meant to meddle in such things," or words to that effect. Almost certainly Jesus as a real prophet preached what we could all take heed to. The miracles, including immaculate conception and the resurrection are Bible tales, again fantasy written by Matthew, John and others long after Jesus was alive. Jesus was picked out of hundreds of prophets of the day within the Roman Empire to be the "one," much like Keanu Reeves was given the part in "The Matrix." There were hundreds or even thousands of crucifixions taking place around the time any trace of Jesus disappeared from the historical record (a very skimpy historical record as far as proving he really existed).

RR doesn't show he's every been through a university science class, much like the phony Pope on another thread, let alone actually performed a scientific experiments (other than putting vinegar with baking soda and watching it foam -- a good drain cleaner).
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 30 Dec, 2009 11:10 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Quote:

His lack of perception of reality has forced him to exclusively lie for Jesus... There are those who are known as "the Jews for Jesus"...and now we have an "agnostic for Jesus" known as "RR"...this is getting better and better.
Rex, I'll have to agree with Jason on this one. You are afraid to defend the scriptures, for by doing so you condemn your own lifestyle.
RexRed

Wed 30 Dec, 2009 12:05 pm
@neologist,
Did it occur to you I don't believe the scriptures not only because of the homosexuality issues but many more... I am not an atheist ok? Unless someone shows me God's dead body I will remain an agnostic.