If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Jason Proudmoore

Sun 27 Dec, 2009 12:49 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
This is what evolution suggests, that cats and dogs mated and made catty dogs. Very Happy

This is one of the most ignorant comments about evolution from a creationist who has no idea what evolution is.
Lightwizard

Sun 27 Dec, 2009 05:14 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
I think he was just being catty. Anyone have a saucer of milk? Well, laced with a little brandy as I think it's needed.

Of course, Darwin nor any evolution scientists since has not made any such suggestion. Otherwise we might as well believe we can mate RexRed with Kim Jong-il and "make" a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Jason Proudmoore

Sun 27 Dec, 2009 05:17 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
Of course, Darwin nor any evolution scientists since has not made any such suggestion. Otherwise we might as well believe we can mate RexRed with Kim Jong-il and "make" a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Twisted Evil
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:06 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
It was a joke and I am not a creationist I am an agnostic... Unlike those who think they know it all...
RexRed

Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And what is life? body, soul and spirit?

Some speculate that life is not only physical but also spiritual. People like Buddha, Christina, Jesus, Mohammad and MANY other great thinkers... 90% of the living world today also believes in spirituality to some degree. Spirituality also dates back to prehistory... Where is the spirit in the egg and sperm? No one really knows. If there is spirit, when, and how is that spirit passed on? Even Aristotle, Plato, Copernicus, Galileo, Newton and even Einstein speculated about spiritual matters and concepts. But you seem to be comfortable in simply ignoring the idea as if you yourself are endowed with insight that even the pious religious and the worlds greatest scientists dares not to empirically speculate beyond their own method of observation.
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:33 pm
@neologist,
The Bible distorted my sense of wrong and right. It is hateful, chauvinistic, racist, homophobic, barbaric, condones slavery, highly contradictory, fear mongering, contrary to science and medicine, it is ambiguous in nearly everything which is written within it and the list goes on... After many years of spiritual abuse and mental calisthenics trying to rationalize its foolishness I now take it with a grain of salt.
RexRed

Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
God does not play tricks on people. Humans play tricks . If there is a God of this universe what makes you think God would need to resort to parlor tricks and hypocrisy to find amusement?
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 12:49 am
@RexRed,
Quote:

It was a joke and I am not a creationist I am an agnostic... Unlike those who think they know it all...

It’s very interesting that you claim to be an agnostic…and yet , your position seems to focus more on agreeing with creationism instead of wondering about, asking questions...

Going back one page, on this thread, I came across this post of yours… whomever reads this, will notice that you and creationism are related:
Quote:
Considering Darwinism is taught in every major school and also considering that 90% of most Americans believe in God, who is imposing what on others?

Nobody is imposing anything on anybody. Creationism long ago was taken to court and was proven that it was a scam…so was Intelligent design, which is “creationism” disguised as something else that sounds a little bit more scientific…creationism is religion posing as science…and you know what the constitution says about religious materials being taught in public schools…right?

Quote:
All religionists want is to have a fair voice in the matter concerning what is taught to their own children.

And all "religionists" have their rights to teach their children all the fairly tales they want…as long as they keep those teachings away from public schools…

Quote:
I see no reason why creationism cannot be taught as a differing historical view considering even scientists don't know what happens one split second before the big bang.

I see a very good reason why creationism should be kept away from public schools: “Goddidit” explains “everything” by explaining nothing! And science doesn’t know what happened one split second before the big bang…why do you think creationism knows this better than the scientists?

Quote:
I do not endorse doing away with Darwinism but I do support allowing young minds to consider divine intervention as regarding this life and creationism.

Divine intervention? Are you talking about the supernatural…something that it can’t be measured nor tested by science?

Quote:
Paganism, Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and ever Buddhism to some extent all believe in an all powerful being, force, mother and/or father or light who set the universe into place.

Those religions made assumptions on how the universe and the world was created…based on ignorant, biased observations which attributed them to [an] all powerful, invisible being[s]…why did they make those assumptions? Simple…back then there was no science! Otherwise…it would’ve been another story.

Quote:
And what happens to atheists and agnostics when they die?

I don’t know…and neither do you…
Quote:
Do they go to hell or live for a billion years?

Don’t know either…but the idea sounds preposterous.
Quote:
The same exact argument can be put back on you?

No…it’s not the same argument…instead, that argument is an argument from ignorance.
Quote:
Science has no idea of an afterlife whatsoever...

Science doesn’t have any idea about the afterlife because science doesn’t dwell in mythology, or intuitive assumptions…like religion.

Quote:
If you say people simply rot in the ground you are espousing yet another "religion" because no one truly knows of the soul and spirit of a being...

Rotting in the ground has been observed…from there on, nothing can be asserted…science can’t say that something “is” without testing it..science is humble about it..that's why when there is a mistake made by science, science corrects it…. thought you knew this…but you’re an agnostic…right?
Quote:

What makes your own conjecture of the afterlife any more valid or divinely inspired than the supposition presented in the Bible?

For hundreds of years, there have been tons of scientific investigations concerning the supernatural…those scientific investigations were able to explain natural phenomena that were mistaken for supernatural ones…
By the way, James “The Amazing” Randi- a former Las Vegas magician- is giving away one million dollars for anybody who proves to him that the supernatural really exists…do you wanna become one million dollars richer?

You have proven to me that anything is possible...even the existence of Agnosticism/ creationism position.
cicerone imposter

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 01:11 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
JP, You pretty much shot down RR with your responses to his previous posts. He even has the gall to lie; nothing new from these people of "religion."
neologist

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 10:30 am
@Jason Proudmoore,
Look who's back!

BTW, nice deltoids. Is that a friend of yours?
neologist

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 10:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

RR is not alone in his confusion about the bible. Is this how god plays tricks on "believers?" Do as I say, not as I do.
Either there IS an explanation for the apparent discrepancies of the bible or there is not . . .
http://able2know.org/topic/139616-1
Lightwizard

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 10:53 am
@cicerone imposter,
Considering this is the beginning of the talent of lying (of, at the very least, of writing a fantasy):

1 First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

God neglected to dictate these words to ancient civilizations in China and India, but chose to write down often contradictory accounts, although it speaks to a creation myth, without any help from any science, or, at least, a suspicion of science that prompted it being ignored. At least they must have ignored the musing of Yahweh as not supportive of their religion. It's, of course, the "Nine Billion Names of God" again. With today's computers, I'm outside at night with my scope and sometimes just to look to make sure the stars still are all there.
neologist

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 10:53 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

The Bible distorted my sense of wrong and right. It is hateful, chauvinistic, racist, homophobic, barbaric, condones slavery, highly contradictory, fear mongering, contrary to science and medicine, it is ambiguous in nearly everything which is written within it and the list goes on... After many years of spiritual abuse and mental calisthenics trying to rationalize its foolishness I now take it with a grain of salt.

RexRed wrote:

God does not play tricks on people. Humans play tricks . If there is a God of this universe what makes you think God would need to resort to parlor tricks and hypocrisy to find amusement?

Which is it Rex?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 11:03 am
@Lightwizard,
And when you look at those stars, how many years did the light from those stars reach earth?
Jason Proudmoore

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 11:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
It's a shame and dishonest of Rex to label himself as an agnostic...knowing that agnosticism humbles itself by "not knowing anything"...he pretty quickly implies the existence of God in his arguments...when will it end?
Jason Proudmoore

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 11:24 am
@neologist,
Thanks, neo...and no, it's not a friend of mine... it's me!! I'm coming back with the power of Grayskull on my side...
cicerone imposter

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 12:05 pm
@neologist,
neo, It takes a logical mind to be able to decipher discrepancies of the bible, because one must sacrifice common sense to accept "god's words."
Lightwizard

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 12:17 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
But, Jason, RR is undecided whether or not he is an agnostic. Agnosticism is also accepting the randomness of nature without worrying whether there was a supernatural being who tinkered it all together, then threw up its hands, making popcorn, and sitting back to enjoy the movie. It is a really good movie, well, except for those war parts.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 02:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

neo, It takes a logical mind to be able to decipher discrepancies of the bible, because one must sacrifice common sense to accept "god's words."
Which is it - logic or common sense?

I believe I have applied both, BTW.
But I had to start with the understanding that I ain't really so smart that I could judge the one who Causes to Become.
Methinks many on this board are reely smart.
Reely
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 28 Dec, 2009 02:48 pm
@Jason Proudmoore,
May the skull be with you