If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Algis Kemezys

Sun 22 May, 2005 06:33 am
Inevitably that has been the use of Christiany.Being able to strike down your enemies but turn your face to be slapped first.
0 Replies

xingu

Sun 22 May, 2005 06:46 am
Setanta wrote:
Said God hates a good deal.

This list was compiled by someone several years ago. I like to keep it to remind me of God of the Bible's love and humanity.

The following is a list of people murdered by God directly or through His command.

The entire population of the earth except for eight survivors (Genesis 7:23)
Every inhabitant of Sodom and Gomorrah except for one family (Genesis 19:24)
Every first born of Egypt (Exodus 12:29)
All the hosts of the Pharaoh, including the captains of 600 chariots (Exodus 14:27,28)
Amalek and his people (Exodus 17:11,16)
3,000 Israelites (Exodus 32:27)
250 Levite princes who had challenged the leadership of Moses (Numbers 16:1-40)
14,700 Jews in a plague who had rebelled against Moses following the killing of the princes (Numbers 16:41-49)
All the subjects of Og (Numbers 21:34, 35)
24,000 Israelites who lived with Moabite women (Numbers 25:4, 9)
All the males, kings, and non-virgin females of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7, 8)
The Ammonites (Deuteronomy 2:19-21)
The Horims (Deuteronomy 2:22)
All the citizens of Jericho, except for a prostitute and her family (Joshua 6)
12,000 citizens of Ai. Joshua hung the king on a tree. (Joshua 8:1-30)
All the people of Makkedah (Joshua 10:28)
All the people of Libnah (Joshua 10:29, 30)
All the people of Gezer (Joshua 10:33)
All the people of Lachish (Joshua 10:32)
All the people of Eglon (Joshua 10:34, 35)
All the people of Hebron (Joshua 10:36, 37)
All the inhabitants of 1 of the country of the hills, and of the south, and the vale, and of the springs and all their kings (Joshua 10:40)
All 31 kings and inhabitants of their countries, and south country, and the land of Goshen, and the valley, and the plain, and the mountain of Israel, and the valley of the same from Mt. Halak to Mt. Hermon (Joshua 11:12, 16, 17, 12:24)
10,000 Moabites (Judges 3:29)
10,000 Perizzites and Canaanites (Judges 1:4)
600 Phillistines (Judges 3:31)
All of Sisera (Judges 4:16)
120,000 Midianites (Judges 8:10)
25,100 Benjaminites (Judges 20:35)
50,070 people of Bethshemesh (I Samuel 6:19)
All the Amalekites (I Samuel 15:3, 7)
The armies and five kings of the Amorites (Amos 3:2)
The Moabites and 22,000 Syrians (II Samuel 8:2, 5, 6, 14)
40,000 Syrian horsemen (II Samuel 10:18)
100,000 Syrian footmen, followed by 27,000 who are all crushed by a wall (I Kings 20:28, 29, 30)
42 children eaten by a bear (II Kings 2:23, 24)
185,000 Assyrians killed by an angel (II Kings 19:35)
10,000 Edomites, followed by 10,000 more whose killers brought them to the top of the rock, and cast them down from the top of the rock, that they were broken in pieces (II Chronicles 28)
120,000 Judeans (II Chronicles 28)
75,000 Persians (Esther 9:16)

"How marvelous is the polio virus. It is perfectly designed to attack healthy children and kill them or leave them crippled for life. Everything works just as planned by God. Only He had the wisdom to design the virus." -- Orson Scott Card (science fiction writer)
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Sun 22 May, 2005 06:49 am
Wow is all I can say !
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 22 May, 2005 08:22 am
So, that's it! God must have it in for us and we can't escape unless we die. Tell me again: Why is is it better when you die?
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Sun 22 May, 2005 08:25 am
Would it have killed him to have a left a suicide note?
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Sun 22 May, 2005 03:48 pm
Aw, you know what kills me?

Of all the people that God has killed, how many of them
were given life in the first place by the will of God?

The toys were put away early, that's all.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Sun 22 May, 2005 03:55 pm
When you think of it we have just as much chance as any plant and more...but plants do die of cancers sometime.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Sun 22 May, 2005 03:55 pm
and old age related things.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Sun 22 May, 2005 03:56 pm
I wonder in the fall when things die in the bush do they all die of frost bite or sometimes something else something we are not aware of yet ?
0 Replies

booman2

Mon 23 May, 2005 02:27 pm
Xingu,
....That was quite an eloquent and virtually complete discription of the christian God. I've pissed off many a christian with the same POV, but never so completly, and eloqently. I can think of only one thing you left out, But I'll bet you've probably thought of it too:
....Most Christians, (as well as Moslems and Hebrews) are MORE GRACIOUS AND SELF-SECURE THAN the GOD they worship. My point; If you raise your children,.. give them love and nurturing,... Put them through college...and you still have more money than you need to live well on... suppose when they get jobs they come to you and say: Mom Dad, we are so grateful for what you've done for us, we intend to call you all through the day, while on our knees and thank you for all the things you've done for us, plus give you a tenth of al we earn, plus make sacri- "Wait a minute! You don't have to do all this. It's ridiculas. Just enjoy your life. give me a little call every now and then, thas all we need." Most any parent is lke this, but the God these people worship is pitifully insecure, and needy.
0 Replies

xingu

Mon 23 May, 2005 04:31 pm
booman

I agree. If God gives us the gift of life I don't think he would be so low and crass as to expect us to be his slaves, grovel to him and to devote our life to him. This is another instance of Christians demeaning God. We would never expect this type of behavior from humans but they say God demands it.

It's funny, the Christians tell us that God gives us free will but God will not allow us to use it. We must praise him, obey his laws, as interpreted by humans, devote our lives to him or else it's hellfire and eternal damnation.

When fear and intimidation is used to make people believe then the belief is a false belief. It becomes a manmade belief with a manmade God.
0 Replies

booman2

Mon 23 May, 2005 04:42 pm
Oh, And don't forget this classic, Xingu,
.....Put your kids in a room full of goodies, direct their attention to a big table in the middle of the room,with some very delicious looking goodies, and say,"Whatever you do kids; don't eat these delicious goodies that I've put here on this table". And then you leave the house. (Gimme a break!)
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 23 May, 2005 06:37 pm
Yeah, but Xing . . . All those folks are better off now that they've seen the light, right? I mean, that's why we should thank the suicide bombers, isn't it? Or maybe you are so enamored with your own credulity and so in love with your own self appointed moral license that you would never care to understand if any of it made sense.
0 Replies

booman2

Mon 23 May, 2005 07:05 pm
Question Shocked Question Exclamation
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Mon 23 May, 2005 08:34 pm
The faces of gods can be seen in the rocks of the planet called mimetoliths.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 23 May, 2005 09:17 pm
booman2 wrote:
Oh, And don't forget this classic, Xingu,
.....Put your kids in a room full of goodies, direct their attention to a big table in the middle of the room,with some very delicious looking goodies, and say,"Whatever you do kids; don't eat these delicious goodies that I've put here on this table". And then you leave the house. (Gimme a break!)
And this is an example of what?
Algis.Kemezys wrote:
The faces of gods can be seen in the rocks of the planet called mimetoliths.
That's where we got Pepsi.
0 Replies

booman2

Tue 24 May, 2005 01:24 pm
Neologist.
.....It's an example of some of the stupid things Christians accuse their God of commited.
...Or if you were asking what I was alluding to, Geneses,...garden of
Eden... apple on the tree of Knowledge, etc.,
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 24 May, 2005 05:33 pm
booman2 wrote:
Neologist.
.....It's an example of some of the stupid things Christians accuse their God of commited.
...Or if you were asking what I was alluding to, Geneses,...garden of
Eden... apple on the tree of Knowledge, etc.,
Still not sure what you mean. If it was Eden,the only thing forbidden to Adam and Eve was a single tree. If you are referring to the absurdities of the clergy. I would agree.
0 Replies

booman2

Tue 24 May, 2005 07:45 pm
Okay
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Wed 25 May, 2005 06:24 am
What makes you people think that God cannot handle the lives he took? He has a plan for his world, and he has the right to regulate it. I don't think this gives Christians any leg up...
0 Replies