If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Leadfoot

Thu 22 Oct, 2015 05:37 am
@Johnjohnjohn,
Quote:

Good question. I guess we'll have to ask Christ in the 1000 years

Wow, first time you admitted you don't have the answer. Good call.
0 Replies

Xander Q

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 11:26 am
There is no eternal burning place of fiery torment owned by a demon. Hell, which in it's Hebrew words "Sheol" and "Hades" means "Resting Place"

Not to be confused with the Fiery Pit, which literally means eternal destruction, which the Bible foretells Satan will be "thrown into" (He'll undergo a process where his energy will become inert and inactive, basically)

There you go.

Another myth propagated by the Catholic Church, debunked in seconds. I'm happy to answer anything else.
FBM

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 11:30 am
@Xander Q,
Cool. As long as you're answering questions, where is the evidence that a divine creator exists? Nobody else seems to be able to come up with any.
anthony1312002

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 11:59 am
@FBM,
Really the evidence is all around us. Its up to each individual to either accept or reject it. From the infinite complexity of all matter to the unique ability of humans to to learn and speak multiple languages. The question is, are we willing to to respect the views of others when they disagree with our?
Frank Apisa

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 06:21 pm
@Xander Q,
Xander Q wrote:

There is no eternal burning place of fiery torment owned by a demon. Hell, which in it's Hebrew words "Sheol" and "Hades" means "Resting Place"

Not to be confused with the Fiery Pit, which literally means eternal destruction, which the Bible foretells Satan will be "thrown into" (He'll undergo a process where his energy will become inert and inactive, basically)

There you go.

Another myth propagated by the Catholic Church, debunked in seconds. I'm happy to answer anything else.

Interesting blind guess about what exists...or does not exist.

Thank you for sharing it.
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:21 pm
@anthony1312002,
anthony1312002 wrote:

Really the evidence is all around us. Its up to each individual to either accept or reject it. From the infinite complexity of all matter to the unique ability of humans to to learn and speak multiple languages.

Show me how these things point to a supernatural creator.

Quote:
The question is, are we willing to to respect the views of others when they disagree with our?

I will respect other people, but I feel no compulsion to respect bad ideas. You have yet to make a coherent argument for your god hypothesis.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:23 pm
@FBM,
Let me know when anthony provides evidence of his god.
Tuna

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:24 pm
God Almighty came down from heaven to save us from his own wrath by allowing himself to be tortured to death. This strategy worked. Except he didn't actually die and most people weren't saved.

This is the Doctrine of the Propitiatory Sacrifice. With the aid of a frontal lobotomy, it would make sense to me.
FBM

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Will do. I'm not postponing any appointments, though.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:29 pm
@Tuna,
Thanks for my laugh for today - from the thread I least expect it from.
He died, but he really didn't. What kind of sacrifice is that? "For god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son....."
He did? When? Where? How?
FBM

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He gave, but he didn't give? Injun giver! http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/toetap.gif
0 Replies

Tuna

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Thanks for my laugh for today - from the thread I least expect it from.
He died, but he really didn't. What kind of sacrifice is that? "For god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son....."
He did? When? Where? How?

People saw him three days later. He was fine. I don't know what all the fuss was about. Smile
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 08:46 pm
@Tuna,
There are times my wife doesn't see me for much longer periods. Three days is nut'n.
0 Replies

Ragman

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 09:53 pm
My wife hasn't seen in me in over a decade. Of course, I think that it has something to do with our divorce being final around that time. I took the hint.
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:15 pm
@Tuna,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/jesusdance.gif
Tuna

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:17 pm
@FBM,
Is that the macarena?
FBM

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:25 pm
@Tuna,
That's my best guess. Looks like he made it through the 3-day bender weekend just fine.
Tuna

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 10:48 pm
@FBM,
According to folklore, he was in Hell. Benders go that way sometimes.
FBM

Fri 25 Dec, 2015 11:01 pm
@Tuna,
Helluva weekend... http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/icon_drunk.gif
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 26 Dec, 2015 07:33 am
@Tuna,
Quote:
People saw him three days later. He was fine. I don't know what all the fuss was about. Smile
And he had the nerve to offer the same deal to everyone. Crazy, I tell ya.