If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

izzythepush

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:42 pm
@Squeakybro,
By the by.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:43 pm
@Squeakybro,
And you're wrong.

Quote:
Idiot is a word derived from the Greek

Quote:
An idiot in Athenian democracy was someone who was characterized by self-centeredness and concerned almost exclusively with private—as opposed to public—affairs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot#Etymology
izzythepush

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 03:09 pm
Answer to SB on a different thread.

http://able2know.org/topic/65501-112#post-5811855
That would imply I was remotely interested.
0 Replies

MWal

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 04:36 pm
Jesus initially came for the faithful who will be made to rule, and he will return for the knowledgable who are fit to rule. There at this time is heck less ye be faithful.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 06:21 pm
@izzythepush,
You see that is the problem when someone in the milk is talking to someone in the meat. Its two different languages. In the meat understanding Idiot means unlearned.

1 Cor 14:23
23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
(KJV)

2399 idiotes (id-ee-o'-tace);

from 2398; a private person, i.e. (by implication) an ignoramus (compare "idiot"):

KJV-- ignorant, rude, unlearned.

neologist

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 06:48 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
You see that is the problem when someone in the milk is talking to someone in the meat. Its two different languages. In the meat understanding Idiot means unlearned.

1 Cor 14:23
23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
(KJV)

2399 idiotes (id-ee-o'-tace);

from 2398; a private person, i.e. (by implication) an ignoramus (compare "idiot"):

KJV-- ignorant, rude, unlearned.
Exactly. That would explain why you failed to discern that Peter and John were referred to by the same Greek word in Acts 4:32. Or, do you aver those who were chosen to record the scriptures were idiots?
izzythepush

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 06:49 pm
@Squeakybro,
The problem is that you still have the mindset of someone from a pre-industrial civilisation, and absolutely nothing in the way of intellectual curiosity.

The reason you think you're right is because that's the limit of your imagination. Not everybody is so limited or small minded.

Stick to arguing with One Eyed Mind, that way the rest of us are left in peace.
Squeakybro

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 08:20 pm
@neologist,

Acts 4:32
32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.
(NKJ)

I said
You really don't get anything I'm saying do you.

Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 08:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Intellectual???????????????????
INTELLECTUAL IDIOTS(CARNALLY MINDED)
Col 2:8
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
Gal 2:4
4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),
Matt 12:37
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
1 Cor 1:19-21
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
1 Cor 1:18
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Cor 1:25-29
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
1 Cor 1:30-31
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God-- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Rom 11:7-8
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear, to this very day."
Matt 23:24
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
Luke 16:8
8 "So the master commended the unjust steward because he had dealt shrewdly. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the sons of light.
(NKJ)
xxxMans intellect is very deceiving. Gods ways are not our ways and our ways are not Gods way. But the intellectual wants everything done mans way. God is looking for those that fear Him. Man doesnt want you to fear God. Man has his carnal reasoning of what he wants God to be which God isnt. Even according to the experts in the intellectual mind there is no absolutes. And that is because man has twisted and perverted everything God created. God wants us to submit to the Holy Spirit(verses) where there is an absolute-the verses. God makes everything work according to submission. Man wants the glory for anything working according to his science.

Matt 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, "Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
(NKJ)

Matt 23:33
33 "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?
(NKJ)

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)
XXX Deception comes from the carnal mind. If you cant retain the verses in your mind its because the devil takes them out. And your being deceived into leting him. I see so many intellectuals trying to get me to explain the verses and the revelations to them carnally. Then in their ignorance they forget the verses and hold to the carnal explanation. But that is a deception. Satan can use the carnal explanation to deceive you. Because he doesnt quote new testament. You have two sides to yourself inside. Spiritual and carnal. Spiritual is the verses. Carnal is everything else. If you get a verse in your mind it is from the Holy Spirit. But if you get an explanation it could be from your guardian angel or the devil. The Holy Spirit can guide you with the verses. If you hold onto the verses and not give them up for an explanation. The devil can have you help someone that God does not want you to help with an explanation. When the Holy Spirit can tell you not to help them with a verse. If you have the verses written in your conscience(book of beliefs). But without a verse you cannot know that you are doing the right thing. There is no guarantee accept from the Holy Spirit. And He only quotes verses. If you get any verse in your mind and reject it you are rejecting the Holy Spirit.
Intellectual idiots value human wisdom and human oppinion. The Spiritually minded dont. If you need it explained to you carnally your still in the milk understanding. And you havent purged your mind of your carnality.

Smileyrius

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 09:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
You may have overlooked my question to you in the other thread, perhaps you could help me out.

What does the spirit tell you Gods purpose for the earth was upon creation?
Squeakybro

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 09:49 pm
@Smileyrius,
I'm not going to get into them kind of questions. They are foolish and without purpose. That falls under the what came first the chicken or the egg? And who was Gods Father and mother?

2 Tim 2:23-24
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
(KJV)

neologist

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 01:17 am
@Squeakybro,
I believe you are reluctant to consider God's purpose because it is inconsistent with your exegesis
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 02:36 am
@Squeakybro,
There's a gorilla with a vocabulary of about 500 words. Compared to you it's an intellectual.

You've had nothing in the way of an education. You're extremely primitive and backward. There is no point in discussing anything with you because you're too stupid to understand what's being discussed.

I'm not going to waste anymore time with you.

Stick to arguing with One Eyed Mind, that way the rest of us are left in peace.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 04:00 am
@Squeakybro,
Is Gods purpose for the Earth not understandable through scripture?

My friend, I assure you that Gods original purpose has a great significance in Gods purpose for the future. Does Gods purpose change? was his purpose for us to suffer as we do today? If man had not rebelled and remained in the garden of Eden, would he have lived forever? Why does the recording of man's lifespan in the bible show that pre-flood men lived to be as old as 969 years? I have a million more questions.

You can put these questions in your bin, or indeed ignore them, but trust me when I say it is neither foolish, nor insignificant. I would also assert that a holistic approach to studying the bible can actually answer these questions. my advice to you is ask Gods holy spirit to direct you.

I'll try one I hope you would consider to be less trivial.

Why does God permit suffering in the Earth?
Squeakybro

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 08:27 am
@Smileyrius,
Suffering is the purpose and the evidence of true love. True love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. What man calls love is actually coveting or lusting. Love is NOT an emotion. God gives everyone an opportunity to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. And their emotions always get in the way. That is the example that Jesus set for us.

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

MWal

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 10:58 am
There are two evils of hell. The hell where the faithful, and virtuistic are trapped there without reason because hell is aweful and will only make bad and the only true evil is where good people get hurt. The other hell is where bad people burn forever. This is like God ordaining one of his saints to kill forever rather than enjoying paradise. In this sense of hell virtue is not burning he is doing the burning.

The truth is for paradise to exist Passive God must come and end conflict with compassion and respect so Faithful God may burn as our desire. Heck will cease to exist along with any evil. Only people will remain and you will be angels.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:00 am
@MWal,
That sounds like something a five year old would come up with.
MWal

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
That's a compliment. Children have the must doped out minds. I believe in make believe.
izzythepush

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:05 am
@MWal,
Clearly.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:55 am
@Squeakybro,
God's purpose: (since you are reluctant to consider)
Earth formed to be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18, Psalm 115:16
Mankind to fill the earth - Genesis 1:28
More to it, of course. But this should help to focus your thoughts.
Do you suppose God would have changed his mind after the events in Genesis, chapter 3?