If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:20 pm
@neologist,
you said
If it is obsolete, we are out of hope.
I said
Says who? You?

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The Word says your an idiot. Intellectual idiot.
Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:23 pm
@Smileyrius,
If he is walking after the Holy Spirit it is not wrong. But he better be sure the Spirit is leading him.
neologist

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:54 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
you said
If it is obsolete, we are out of hope.
I said
Says who? You?

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
Have you bothered to read it? Genesis 3:15 is the promise made by God to do away with Satan. Do you honestly believe it to be obsolete? Satan is still around. How will that work out?

How about the promise made to Abraham that all the nations of the earth would bless themselves through the work of his seed (Jesus)? If it is obsolete, how do those who are not descendants of Abraham benefit?

Or the Rainbow covenant that God would never again destroy all life by flood? Is that obsolete? Should we expect rain?

The Law Covenant has been made obsolete, but only because it has been replaced by a New Covenant. If you believe you have nothing to learn from understanding the Law Covenant, how can you be guided by Holy Spirit?

You are a perfect example of the lack of critical thinking demonstrated by those who continue to use the terms OLD/NEW TESTAMENT. The Hebrew Scriptures are not entirely devoted to the Law Covenant and the Christian scriptures are not entirely devoted to the New Covenant. Which is, of course, one of the reasons Paul was inspired to write 2 Timothy 3:16.
Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:05 pm
@neologist,
Have you ever read the new testament? All them things are in the new testament.
neologist

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
I certainly believe I have a better knowledge of the Christian scriptures than you. Which is why I know the Edenic Covenant and the Abrahamic Covenant have yet to be fulfilled in their entirety. .
Smileyrius

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:53 pm
@Squeakybro,
my question with regards to Adam (The Adam in the garden of eden) was quite pertinent. If he was not under the old covenant or law, did he sin?

Can a man who is at one time led by spirit, later sin?
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:57 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
My mother told me he had cold hands.
You mean you don't remember?

BTW, Frank. I will root for the Jints for every game. (After Sunday, of. Course) if you will just give us a "Go Hawks"

Russell Wilson is already one of my favorite quarterbacks, Neo...and I expect he will have an outstanding career. Seems like a really decent guy also. So except for this week..."Go Hawks."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:59 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

The Word says your an idiot. Intellectual idiot.

Can't do better than that, huh?

You are hardly the person who should be questioning other posters intelligence, Squeak! But enjoy yourself. I am sure your Jesus is proud of you.
Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:00 pm
@neologist,
lol I have no doubt you think you know the scriptures. Most people that are deceived think they do.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:01 pm
@Smileyrius,
If he turns away from the Spirit he will sin.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I hope not pride is a sin
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:59 pm
My point regarding Adam Squeaky, was that Adam was without the Law, and yet he sinned, meaning that sin exists outside of the law.

Without offence to you my friend, I shall share with you my understanding of the ransom. I shall keep it as new testament as I can for you.

The wages sin pays is death (romans6:23)
Through Adam, we are all in debt to sin, and therefore we all die (Romans 5:21)
No living man could repurchase our debt* as none of us are born without sin as he was.
God knowing that we are unable to repay the debt of sin, sent his son, the last Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45) as a living sacrifice, to live and die without sin (1 Peter 2:22, Hebrews 7:26) that our debts are repaid. (Romans 4:25)
When we die, if we have subscribed to the ransom, our ledger is in credit, we are owed our lives, making everlasting life possible. (romans6:23)

Thus God repurchases us through the ransom. He does not make us perfect, rather he makes it possible for us to present to him a clean ledger in spite of our imperfections.(Romans 3:23, John 3:16)

I welcome critique, talk it over with the holy spirit and let me know what he says

*I recommend a study into Gods provision of repurchasing, it is old testament stuff but trust me, it shows you a lot about How Gods justice works.
Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 09:18 pm
@Smileyrius,
JUSTICE NEW TESTAMENT Matt 12:18
18 "Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen, my Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
Matt 12:19-20
19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory;
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Mark 4:24
24 Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.
John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."
Matt 5:39-40
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
Matt 5:43-45
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Matt 18:35
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
Matt 12:34
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Matt 12:37
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Mark 7:6-7
6 He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
Mark 7:9
9 And He said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.
Luke 23:33-34
33 And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left.
34 Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots.
Rom 12:19-21
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Luke 6:27-28
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28 "bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
Luke 6:37-38
37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
Col 3:25
25 But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.
Rom 12:19
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
II Th 1:5-6
5 which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer;
6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you,
Rom 12:17
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:20-21
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Mark 8:35-37
35 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
36 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
37 "Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matt 10:16-19
16 "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
17 "But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues.
18 "You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles.
19 "But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
(NKJ)
How misunderstood is the word justice. The old testament justice was your just punishment for breaking the law. The new testament justice is: God will use the same amount on you on judgement day, that you use your whole life. The same amount of wrath, the same amount of punishment, the same amount of critisizm, the same amount of mercy, the same amount of compassion, the same amount of love. So every time you look and judge someone else's evils. Your setting the pattern for your own judgement. The same way that you stand up for your rights on earth, is setting the pattern on how God is going to stand up for His rights on judgement day. Boy are we in alot of trouble.

Matt 23:23-24
23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(NKJ)

Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

Matt 18:35
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
(NKJ)

Mark 11:25-26
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
(NKJ)

Matt 5:38-40
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
(NKJ)

Acts 8:32-33
32 The place in the Scripture which he read was this: "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and as a lamb before its shearer is silent, so He opened not His mouth.
33 In His humiliation His justice was taken away, and who will declare His generation? For His life is taken from the earth."
(NKJ)

Smileyrius

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 09:45 pm
@Squeakybro,
There was far more to gods justice in the Old Testament than just dishing out punishment,, it is about negating wrong, correcting injustice, restoring power to the weak, feeding the hungry aiding the poor. justice is about balance Both in the Old Testament and in the new. The difference between the law of Moses and the law of Jesus, jesus taught the principles behind the law, which were greater than the law itself.
Squeakybro

Thu 6 Nov, 2014 07:03 am
@Smileyrius,
You said
jesus taught the principles behind the law, which were greater than the law itself

I said
Now your getting it.

1 Cor 11:31
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 01:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

The Word says your an idiot.

A perfect signature line, oh the irony.

http://able2know.org/topic/65501-112#post-5811779
Squeakybro

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you know what an idiot is in the bible
izzythepush

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:22 pm
@Squeakybro,
Oh the irony.

I didn't flag it up because of your use of the word idiot.
Squeakybro

Mon 10 Nov, 2014 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
So what is my use of it.