If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:34 pm
@neologist,
You just keep right on blaspheming the Word. You call Jesus a liar by your replies. You set aside the new testament in favor of your own opinion.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

neologist

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:47 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
You just keep right on blaspheming the Word. You call Jesus a liar by your replies. You set aside the new testament in favor of your own opinion.

16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)
How does the scripture you cited apply to your assertion?
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 08:00 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

You do like to put a negative spin on it don't you. You just add alittle exaggeration. Look at what Jesus says about it. Then you can argue with Him.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

I'm rather wedded to the truth, Squeak.

Here is one of the more important things Jesus is reported to have said:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

Matthew 5: 17ff

So the question you have to ask yourself is: Have Heaven and Earth passed away?

Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 09:24 pm
@neologist,
The Word says NOT to trust your own opinion. And to rely on the scriptures. And your own opinion keeps speaking against the scriptures
Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 09:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
And Jesus did fulfill the law. And taught us how to do the same.
OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE)

NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Matt 19:30
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Rom 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Matt 5:18
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus fulfilled the old testament law and shows us how to fulfill it to. The old testament law is still in affect on those who have not followed Jesus example. Love is the fulfillment of the old testament. And if one can learn what love is they also can follow Jesus' example by fulfilling the law. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Love is not a feeling or an emotions it is an action. The act of not giving into all the emotions that push one into beleiving and holding on to the law of sin and death(punishment). The old testament is the law of sin and death. The new testament is the law of Christ(love). Fulfill means to bring to an end. The old testament is the idea that everyone has to pay for their wrongs. The new testament in Christ is bear one anothers burdens.

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 06:46 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

And Jesus did fulfill the law. And taught us how to do the same.
OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE)

NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Matt 19:30
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Rom 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Matt 5:18
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus fulfilled the old testament law and shows us how to fulfill it to. The old testament law is still in affect on those who have not followed Jesus example. Love is the fulfillment of the old testament. And if one can learn what love is they also can follow Jesus' example by fulfilling the law. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Love is not a feeling or an emotions it is an action. The act of not giving into all the emotions that push one into beleiving and holding on to the law of sin and death(punishment). The old testament is the law of sin and death. The new testament is the law of Christ(love). Fulfill means to bring to an end. The old testament is the idea that everyone has to pay for their wrongs. The new testament in Christ is bear one anothers burdens.

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)
At Matthew 5:17ff, JESUS (not John) is reported to have said:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE."

I asked you something you must have missed. Let me make it easier to read:

SO THE QUESTION YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF IS:

HAVE HEAVEN AND EARTH PASSED AWAY?

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 07:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
I gave you the answer, but you must have missed it. Fulfilled means to complete it. Time to move on, because you are done with it. Now we have the new testament law of Christ. Jesus fulfilled the old testament. He taught us how to fulfill it. I learned how and have moved on.
Apparently you haven't learned how yet. So you are still under the old testament law of sin and death.
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:05 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I gave you the answer, but you must have missed it. Fulfilled means to complete it. Time to move on, because you are done with it. Now we have the new testament law of Christ. Jesus fulfilled the old testament. He taught us how to fulfill it. I learned how and have moved on.
Apparently you haven't learned how yet. So you are still under the old testament law of sin and death.

I did not ask about that part, Squeak.

I asked a specific question...which you obviously cannot answer...so you are avoiding it.

I'll ask it again.

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:13 am
@Frank Apisa,

I said
lololol Are you asking the obvious? Look around you.
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 08:24 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I said
lololol Are you asking the obvious? Look around you.

Exactly, Squeaky. EXACTLY!

And Jesus said that nothing in the LAW (the Old Testament) would change...not one word...not one letter...not one stroke of one letter...

...would change until Heaven and Earth pass away.

So Jesus says that all this still applies...and you keep telling us that John says differently.

Who ya gonna accept, Squeak...Jesus or John?

neologist

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:15 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
The Word says NOT to trust your own opinion. And to rely on the scriptures. And your own opinion keeps speaking against the scriptures
What? Citing Solomon? That's from the "Old Testament", right? Why is that not obsolete as well?

Think: Exactly how many covenants (testaments) are related in the Hebrew writings and how many have yet to be fulfilled?
neologist

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Note comment on the so called Old Testament to Squeaky, related above.
Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Do you know anything about the bible? Born again Christians have been delivered from the old testament law of sin and death.

Rom 8:1-4
(NKJ)

Col 1:12-14
12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 10:58 am
@neologist,
No citing Rom that is new testament.

(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:00 am
@neologist,
COVENANTS TWO COVENANTS(TESTAMENTS)
Gal 4:22-24
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
Gal 4:28-5:4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
CHAPTER 5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
Heb 9:15-17
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
Heb 10:9-10
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
(NKJ)
2 Cor 3:11-17
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Gal 4:19-21
19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,
20 I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you.
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
Gal 4:25-26
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
Gal 3:20-23
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
Gal 4:6-7
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal 3:12
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
Gal 3:15
15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
Gal 3:17-18
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Acts 13:39
39 "and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Luke 22:35-36
35 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing."
36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
Rom 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Rom 9:30-32
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith;
31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Heb 9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
(NKJ)
xxxx There are two covenants(testaments). Just as Abraham had to send one son away so we have to send one covenant away. You cant let them grow together inside you. One or the other not both. The old testament is the law of sin and death, first covenant. The new testament is the law of Christ second covenant.

Heb 10:9
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
(NKJ)

Rom 7:4-9
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 12:05 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Note comment on the so called Old Testament to Squeaky, related above.

I saw it when I posted my comment. He's got a long way to go here.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 12:10 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Do you know anything about the bible?

Quite a bit.

Quote:
Born again Christians have been delivered from the old testament law of sin and death.

Yeah...that is what people like you claim. But I am contesting that...and giving my reasons.

You still have not addressed the problem of the Earth still being here...and what I am sure you suppose to be "Heaven" still being here.

The quote says all the laws still hold...until Heaven and Earth "pass away."

Deal with it...and stop quoting Paul and John instead.

Jesus told you that the laws apply until Heaven and Earth pass away.

Unless you are telling me that what John and Paul said is more important than what Jesus said...you've got to deal with that.
Tekla

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 01:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Different assertions!

I am sputtering to confusing again about the original sin abatet or other hand the theory about Jesus died and our sins are died too.

Since 10 years I am close to Jesus and I mentioned on other spots how often I get answers by deams .

Unfortunately no answers about sins and nobody knows a quotation about a plain express of abatet original sins or the other theory.

We shall not be distressed by that , but cite Paul who said we ought not read other syncretism or only read died letters , but more heed the holy spirit.

Sadly I can't find / offer a quotation in your way and have to use my own words.

Means, it is not important to believe that the original is still ruling or not anymore like the old testament no more rules.
cicerone imposter

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 01:16 pm
@Tekla,
You get answers through your dreams? LMAO

FYI, dreams are based on the same biology that provides you with your perceptions about everything. It's not external; it's you!
Messenger of GOD

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 01:23 pm
@Squeakybro,
AMEN my brother. It is wonderful to finally find a true BELIEVER who trusts in the WORD OF GOD