If Jesus died to forgive us, then why is there a Hell?

neologist

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
This is a ball bouncing many unpredictable ways, Frank.

BTW, The Jints have a showdown at the Clink next Sunday. While they were once my favoritist team (think Yelberton Abraham Tittle), I won't be rooting for them on the 9th.

But I still loves ya, Frank.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:02 pm
@neologist,
Well guess what Jesus has already come.Anyone who attempts to be justified by the old testament has fallen from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

neologist

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Well guess what Jesus has already come.Anyone who attempts to be justified by the old testament has fallen from grace.
You are missing the point. The Hebrew Scriptures are based on the truth. The fact that we are no longer bound by the Mosaic Law, does not relieve us from the truth.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:33 pm
@neologist,

neologist
While we are no longer under obligation to the law. if we fail to consider the law, we risk deviation from the truth. BTW, you realize, of course, that the terms Old and New Testament can be misleading. For example, the book of Genesis does not contain the Mosaic Law. The Psalms and many other books are related to the law only in that the writers were subject to the law. Therefore, what Solomon wrote applies as much today as when it was written ; as does the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 146:

I said
We might deviate from your truth but not Gods truth.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

Have you joined the violent?

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:17 am
http://able2know.org/topic/128690-1
Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Are you an atheist?
Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 11:11 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

Are you an atheist?

Not in any way.
Tekla

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 11:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
I am told by more sources of neardeath experiences , that they had been in heavens for several moments and heard there a couple of melodis at the same time .

How does if feel to here more noises at the same time?

We can't imagine it.
0 Replies

Tekla

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 11:34 am
@neologist,
Some guess or are convinced that the heaven will be on earth.

Now the earth is besieged by devil.
0 Replies

Tekla

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:36 pm
@Squeakybro,
I belief in Jesus and I feel him around me.

But it is very simply always to say , kids with illness, padophile encounters , all kind of abuses , to get tortured and what ever I could count.....that does Jesus ignore about kinda reasons.

I found a little money on road , when I had extremly leaning times and empty freezer.

Everybody does find money during his life, but to get help in a very especially urgent moment is obviously happend by Jesus and no coincedence.

To move out and two men are missing, because unavoidably detained , doesn't matter , because maybe neighbours or other pedestrians show up surprisingly for help to bring your furnitures out.

Despite I have given up to say Jesus can not all people make cure in case of illness or disability.

I saw healings by Jesus , but some things he can:t change what ever reasons Jesus deters .

A bankrupt christian male seceded he astreyed and got doubts to Jesus. Firstly we all said , if some failes , then want Jesus lead us in a deadline , to bring us to another direction.
Jesus didn't lead that christian out of his crises.

I didn ' t hear about a new start in that failing christians life and busyness.

Therefore it isn' t end up in a successful loss.

To pose it in a right way is be very easy . And I wonder why Jesus Person A gives a healing and Person B not.

I don't believe any reason for letting some in his disability or whatever destiny one's has . And other are blessed by miracles over miracles.

There happened nothing in some lifes , no explanation , no reason for not recovery.

Some of those died without healing and it was useless to wait for a reason what could explain why Jesus would have an advantage for remain or last the disability.

There won't be any effect by missing of miracles.
To easy are those attemps to say Jesus is acting justify.

There will be none other explantions and nothing , why Jesus is not always acting .

I have many dreams , visions or foreseeing senses. I can see a part of Jesus face and I see all happenings what you can imagine.

Which letter will be in my letter box tomorrow or what person I will meet I see in visions.x

All my questions answered Jesus , but he doesn't acting there or here , this answers I didn't get till now
Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I glad to hear that.
Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:54 pm
@Tekla,
Those whom the Lord loves He chastises. If you see people that seem to get everything. Ask yourself where is the love of God for them. They don't have any real hope.
Heb 12:4-7
4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.
5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
(NKJ)

And if you see some who receive a greater punishment than others its because they knew to do right and didn't do it.

Luke 12:47-48
47 "And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48 "But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
(NKJ)

Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 01:36 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I glad to hear that.

And I am glad you are glad.

But the link was to an argument that says modern Christians ARE obligated to the god of the so-called Old Testament.

That god was the god Jesus worshiped.

Right?

Why not comment on that?
Tekla

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:28 pm
@Caesar,
Does make sense at all. Such as easy it can't be of course.
To save us by Jesus death means to apply the commendements , to adore Jesus only , no angelworship , no pope , no mary , no sex without being married , to have a best friend named Jesus .

Would you ask Jesus about a problem at first and 2 th you ask your partner then you will be saved.

A misunderstanding to mean, to be saved for free , for nothing.

The rapist is saved , the murderer is saved too, a homosexual is saved and the heavens would be once perched by the same bad people like now are being around
0 Replies

Tekla

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:34 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Devil does always things which avoid worship, a dog - ? Why not, when it works.

Not only a murderer was unware led by voices of devil to kill, he confessed.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
A question my friend, one that requires thought.

What do you believe was Gods purpose for the earth?
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I did but you seem to want to argue. There was a veil over the old testament that remains to this day. Deceivers try to drag good Christians back into the old testament all the time. And they don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I did but you seem to want to argue. There was a veil over the old testament that remains to this day. Deceivers try to drag good Christians back into the old testament all the time. And they don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

So you are saying that even though Jesus worshiped the god of the Old Testament...and said he was not here to change a word of it...

...somehow the sensibilities of the god no longer matter?

That doesn't seem right.
Squeakybro

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You do like to put a negative spin on it don't you. You just add alittle exaggeration. Look at what Jesus says about it. Then you can argue with Him.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

neologist

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I did but you seem to want to argue. There was a veil over the old testament that remains to this day. Deceivers try to drag good Christians back into the old testament all the time. . . .
Surely, you jest. The entire Bible is relevant. We may no longer be under obligation to the Mosaic Law, but without it we cannot know God's personality.
Quote:
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, (2 Timothy 3:16)