The hypocracy of the democrats concerning Northam.

coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 01:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
sad little Nazi?

Once again, I will ask you to produce posts of mine where I advocate Nazi policies. You cannot, and you know it. But I will be right here if you ever try.

Let me remind you one more time what country is arresting people for what they think and say. That would be the UK which also censors your media. You support Nazis not me.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 01:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The main difference is that people who sexually abused young girls over here were jailed.

After they ruined the lives of thousands of young girls. You know damned well the police did nothing for years, and so does anyone else who followed this disgrace to your country and you.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 01:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Thats not at all what you are doing,

That is exactly what I am doing. Deal with it. Or just go away. Mr. Green
glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 01:28 pm
@coldjoint,
Not even close, sport. But nice job trying to turn a thread on Northam into a spotlight on you.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 01:32 pm
@revelette1,
Firstly, I commend you for your racial sensitivity.
Quote:
It trivializes the way African American ancestors became slaves for the south.

Not in a single offhand comment. It's not as if he was making a prepared formal speech on Martin Luther King Day or something.
Quote:
Anyone who can use the term indentured servant to refer to our slavery system of the past says a lot about that person in my own opinion.

I 'd want to know a lot more about someone before I condemned him for misusing a term like that.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 02:08 pm
As ye sow, so shall ye reap
revelette1

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 08:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well, that is properly obscure to which a meaning can applied in number of ways in this thread.

If you are saying most Dems are giving Northman a pass on something they would roast a republican for and so will be ripe for accusations of hypocrisy, you are wrong, they have denounced him roundly and quickly when the story first broke. What more can they do, go into his office and forcibly remove him and tell him he can't come back?
revelette1

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 08:30 pm
@hightor,
Thank you for your kind words.

I think we can agree to disagree, all I was saying if I was in his state, I wouldn't vote to re-elect him based on his words of saying African American slaves were indentured servants.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 10:52 pm
@revelette1,
Saminantics. I guess that one is going the have to keep their mouth shut just in case 20 years down the road a word may be considered a racial slur like THE or WE.
revelette1

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 08:53 am
@RABEL222,
It was a recent interview in which he used the words, after the accusation he was the person the blackface in year book in which he denied.

If he did it, he should have owned up to it, apologized and expressed remorse for his racist act and said that it not who he is anymore. Then there could be a conversation about racial issues and forgiveness. However, he said it wasn't him. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but the phrase he used in the interview are not encouraging of the benefit of doubt in my own opinion. I realize that is open to disagreement as it is just an opinion.

I suppose the bigger question is, if he is lying about it, is it worthy of being impeached or recalled? What about the next fellow in Virginia who is accused by I think now two women of some kind of sexual misconduct? Or the next one line who has owned up to having done a blackface in his youth and has expressed remorse? It's a mess.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 09:10 am
I thought Northman denied he was the person the yearbook. According to the following, he admits he is the person in the blackface in the yearbook.

He's Not There Yet': Embattled Governor Seeks Forgiveness From Black Virginians
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 09:35 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Did you get a chance to read the piece I linked on the page before?

I read it, some of it was impressive. There was a piece I found not very plausible (not knowing his ancestors were slaveowners). I am wondering how a man could have remained ignorant of racial issues as he insist he was until these recent years. Personally I find it hard to believe.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 09:38 am
@revelette1,
If you don't think they could do more you are kidding yourself.
maporsche

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 09:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

If you don't think they could do more you are kidding yourself.

I'm absolutely curious what you think they should do. Should all 500+ elected members of the Democratic party nationwide tweet every minute non stop until he resigns. Should the parade all of them in front of every camera that will show their face and ask for his resignation.

What specifically do you think they should do? Do you think that would work?

Even if they did all of that, he can still stay 'No' and weather the storm. His political career after this governorship is over.

I'd like to see the DNC remove him from the party, but they can't keep him from being governor. Hell, 58% of black people IN HIS STATE want him to stay.
revelette1

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 10:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
If you don't think you have partisan tunnel vision you are kidding yourself. I am not sure what else they can do. It does not really rise to a level of impeachment. It is really up to Virginians to decide what they can and/or should do.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 12:00 pm
@maporsche,
Just imagine he was a Republican
maporsche

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 12:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Just imagine he was a Republican

Ok.

If he was a republican, and Democrats were demanding that the Republican's somehow force him out of office. What would you suggest the Republicans do?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 12:11 pm
@maporsche,
No, imagine how Dems would respond (but you knew that was what I meant)
maporsche

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 12:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No, imagine how Dems would respond (but you knew that was what I meant)

The Democrats would be calling for his removal if he were a Republican.

The Democrats ARE calling for his removal and he's a Democrat.

The question, is WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO?

You've been asked by multiple posters multiple times, I'll assume that you don't have an answer. It's ok to just say "I don't know"; it's a sign of strength.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 01:34 pm
@maporsche,

Quote:
The question, is WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO?

Repeat constantly like they did with Kavanaugh. Get the MSM to repeat it constantly like they did with Kavanaugh. Have Code Pink protest in vagina costumes. There is a lot more they can do.