The hypocracy of the democrats concerning Northam.

coldjoint

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 01:27 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There were, and remain, serious questions about Kavanagh's conduct and the alleged sexual assaults should have been investigated

Like what? Name a few that not have been debunked. I'll wait.

Quote:
Stop buying Coldjoint's lies about the MSM

What lies, be specific.
Quote:
and neo Nazis like Coldjoint

The neo-Nazis run your pitiful gutless country. I have asked you tp prove why I am a Nazi, neither you or Walter have quoted one thing I said that would prove that. Stop lying.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 01:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There were, and remain, serious questions about Kavanagh's conduct and the alleged sexual assaults should have been investigated. They weren't, there was a whitewash a half hearted investigation that was rushed through.

I agree that the investigations were incomplete and that was the real scandal. The same thing happened at the Thomas hearings — three important witnesses could have buttressed Anita Hill's account but they were not called.

Since the charges were never fully investigated, since we don't know what really happened, and since Kavanaugh's status is secure on the court, raking the over coals doesn't seem that fruitful.

I think the MSM generally does a good job but I don't think that means I have to defend them all the time. They're often able to read the mood of the people and pandering does take place. What I object to is the idea that since someone fucked up the Covington story or got a timeline confused in a story about Trump Tower that somehow means that the entire media is not to be trusted.

And I do think that the tabloid mentality runs pretty strong in modern society. It sells papers, attracts viewers, and even elects presidents. That doesn't mean that effective journalism isn't still being done.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 02:04 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
That doesn't mean that effective journalism isn't still being done.

By who?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 04:20 pm
@hightor,
Even the term MSM is a lie made up by the far right. Who denotes what's mainstream anyway? What bits do you trim off? It gives the impression of a David and Goliath struggle, when the facts are that that they're very much part of the establishment, the rich and powerful, the elite.

It's looking glass thinking, don't fall for it.
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 04:40 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
What I found particularly troubling was his scowling demeanor — "I LIKE BEER" — and the veiled threats.
How dare he defend himself from leftist witch-hunts!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 04:47 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
There were, and remain, serious questions about Kavanagh's conduct and the alleged sexual assaults should have been investigated.
Even if the event had been proven, youthful indiscretions are hardly relevant.

izzythepush wrote:
They weren't, there was a whitewash a half hearted investigation that was rushed through.
If you want allegations to be properly investigated, don't suppress them and then spring them at the last second.

izzythepush wrote:
It's reasonable to assume these allegations have foundation
We here in civilized countries have a principle called innocent until proven guilty.

izzythepush wrote:
and the true scandal is that they were not investigated properly.
Blame the people who suppressed the allegations and then sprung them at the last second.

izzythepush wrote:
this sexual predator
There are many reasons for not paying attention to hysterical feminism.

One of the best reasons for not paying attention to it is the way that it falsely accuses everyone of sexual assault.

izzythepush wrote:
Stop buying Coldjoint's lies about the MSM, it's the thin end of the wedge, once you start accepting the little lies then the bigger ones are easier to swallow. Lying about everything is a tried and tested technique used by the far right since Goebbels, and neo Nazis like Coldjoint are lying because the truth gets in the way of their agenda.
I bet you cannot point out a single untrue thing that he has said.

It goes without saying that you cannot point out any neonazi behavior on his part.

izzythepush wrote:
what brief testimony there was showed him to be a totally unpleasant person
Witch-hunters never like it when their victims dare to defend themselves.

izzythepush wrote:
no respect for anyone he feels is beneath him,
If leftists want to be respected, they should strive to be worthy of respect.

Rejecting leftism would be a good start.

izzythepush wrote:
He is not a victim, never was.
That's what all victimizers say.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 05:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's looking glass thinking, don't fall for it.

Is that like thinking you can co-exist with Islam? Don't fall for it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 08:27 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

This isn’t exactly a difficult scenario.

Northam could stay on and Fairfax could resign.
Northam then appoints a new Lt. Governer.
Northam then resigns.

Or Northam won’t resign. While I think he should, he certainly doesn’t have to.

This assumes that both Northam and Fairfax agree and that the voters go along with this clearly undemocratic scheme of appointing an "elected official".
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
If the Democrats are silly enough to force the current governor to resign, the Republicans should fight to make the current Republican speaker the acting governor.

Then after serving out this term as acting governor, he can run for reelection as an incumbent.

I don't think the Republicans should pressure the current governor to resign though. If the Democrats want to pursue that folly, let them pursue it on their own.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 08:52 pm
@oralloy,
I think the Republicans are going to sit back and let the Democrats try to extricate themselves from this mess. When your opponents are flailing around, usually the best thing to do is too just let them flail.

I think this whole thing is funny.
oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 09:17 pm
@maxdancona,
The Republicans will not want to let the Democrats appoint an untainted Democrat to serve as acting governor for the rest of this term and then run for reelection as an incumbent -- especially if the new appointee is a far-left extremist.

Unless they think the far-left extremist will be unelectable of course. But that will be a dangerous gamble.

If I were advising the Republicans, I'd advise them to generally step back and let the Democrats flail around on their own, but to oppose any effort by the Democrats to appoint anyone new to the line of succession.

If the Democrats choose to force these resignations, the Republicans should try to make sure that the next in the line of succession remains the Republican speaker.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 11:22 pm
The GOP is appointing Lt Governors in Missouri. Maybe even legally.

https://www.apnews.com/f939722a3e2b42ad8e2c8b7252c80f8a

Some states, like Florida, mandate that Governors fill vacant positions such as Lt Governor.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-florida-lieutenantgovernor/florida-governor-sued-for-not-appointing-new-lieutenant-governor-idUSBREA0513V20140106

Not sure about Virginia's laws exactly...but it's possible that it may be legal as it is in other states.
maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 04:01 am
@maporsche,
Sounds like Northam COULD appoint a new Lt Governor who would be governor omg Northam resigned for several months until a special election were held.

Another election is preferable to having the AG or a Republican take over.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/06/virginia-governor-northam-fairfax-herring-1152310
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 08:12 pm
@hightor,
It isn't a stupid, insensitive and tasteless joke decades ago that, in my mind, disqualifies from Northam from remaining in office. It is the fact that he gained that office, in part, by casting unsubstantiated aspersions about his opponent and racism; all the while knowing of his own past.

That and the way he has responded to the scandal.

(And this doesn't even consider his expressed acceptance of infanticide)

It appears that he was willing to do the "honorable" thing and apologize until he came to appreciate that it also meant stepping down.

He and his party set the standard by which he is being judged. Fairfax too, but obviously that standard doesn't, in their minds, apply to them.

All politicians may not be sociopathic scum, but these two and the VA Atty General are.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 08:30 pm
@maporsche,
You really don't think the voters would punish the Democrats for this little political stunt? Virginia is not a solidly Democratic state.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 08:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Agreed.

I at least appreciate all the most prominent Democrats calling for them to resign but there are no laws that will force them to.

I think the best thing for Virginia would be for Fairfax to resign, Northam to appoint a new LTGov and have a special election to let the voters decide and then for Northam to step down and let the voters choice take control. Either Democrat or Republican at least it would be voters choice.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 09:02 pm
Or he could go the republican route and ignore everyone and stay until the voters either vote him out or reinstate him.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 09:28 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Or he could go the republican route

What Republican that been accused( caught red handed) of these things has stayed in office? Source please.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 09:36 pm
@coldjoint,
You are joking, right?

Have you forgotten about "grab them by the pussy" already? That was on tape.

coldjoint

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 10:25 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Have you forgotten about "grab them by the pussy" already? That was on tape.

That, apparently, is a fact, but not a crime.
0 Replies