goodfielder

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:05 pm
This is interesting

http://www.stopgatekeeper.org/English/vigilantes.htm#_ftn15
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:19 pm
Group Wants Civilian Patrols to Expand
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Organizers of a project that uses civilian volunteers to watch for illegal immigrants and smugglers along the Arizona-Mexico border want to expand their efforts to other border states this fall....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 02:17 pm
The folks in this story are not fake Minutemen, like the ones on the border, but - - -

Hunter, rancher face suit over immigrant's death
Associated Press

EL INDIO - The family of an undocumented immigrant has filed an $8 million wrongful-death lawsuit against a rancher and a hunter who said he thought the man was a wild hog.

Celestino Lopez, 36, was struck in the abdomen Jan. 31, 2004. Lopez had been walking with a group of immigrants who stopped near a canal in the dark after seeing a shadowy figure, according to the suit filed last week in Eagle Pass.

Jaime Gonzalez shot Lopez from about 150 feet away and told police he thought he was shooting at a hog. Two other hunters put Lopez in the back of a pickup and met an ambulance on the way to the hospital.

The lawsuit names Gonzalez and Eduardo Rodriguez, owner of the ranch where Lopez was shot.

It alleges the death was "reasonably foreseeable" by the shooter.

The suit also claims the defendants failed to seek medical assistance "in a timely or effective manner."

An attorney appointed by the Mexican government to represent Lopez's widow and five children said they are tired of waiting.

"We've decided to give up on the efforts of the district attorney filing any charges at this time," said J.A. Garcia. "At this point, it looks like we are going to have to go to a jury for relief on this case."

Gonzalez, Rodriguez and their attorneys could not be reached for comment.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 03:10 pm
Were it in my power I would throw the suite out of court. I do not believe it was anything other than an accident.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 04:03 pm
But you are neither, judge, lawyer, nor jury.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:07 pm
True, but does that mean I am not entitled to an opinion?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:34 pm
Who said you were not? I would fight to the death for your right to speak.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:44 pm
Edgar
Please not to the death just to serious injury. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:50 pm
No, I insist; to the death. Hopefully not any time soon.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:55 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
The folks in this story are not fake Minutemen, like the ones on the border, but - - -

Hunter, rancher face suit over immigrant's death
Associated Press

EL INDIO - The family of an undocumented immigrant has filed an $8 million wrongful-death lawsuit against a rancher and a hunter who said he thought the man was a wild hog.

Celestino Lopez, 36, was struck in the abdomen Jan. 31, 2004. Lopez had been walking with a group of immigrants who stopped near a canal in the dark after seeing a shadowy figure, according to the suit filed last week in Eagle Pass.

Jaime Gonzalez shot Lopez from about 150 feet away and told police he thought he was shooting at a hog. Two other hunters put Lopez in the back of a pickup and met an ambulance on the way to the hospital.

The lawsuit names Gonzalez and Eduardo Rodriguez, owner of the ranch where Lopez was shot.

It alleges the death was "reasonably foreseeable" by the shooter.

The suit also claims the defendants failed to seek medical assistance "in a timely or effective manner."

An attorney appointed by the Mexican government to represent Lopez's widow and five children said they are tired of waiting.

"We've decided to give up on the efforts of the district attorney filing any charges at this time," said J.A. Garcia. "At this point, it looks like we are going to have to go to a jury for relief on this case."

Gonzalez, Rodriguez and their attorneys could not be reached for comment.

I guess if they weren't entering the country illegally then he wouldn't have been shot. When you are in places you are not supposed to be in this kind of thing happens. Stay home and you won't get hurt.

See this is how it happens, someone is doing somethng they are allowed to do and so one else isn't, and the one who was breaking the law gets all the press.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 05:57 pm
I guess you have a right to speak also, Baldimo, but I don't have to respect the BS you constantly put on a thread like this.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 06:00 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I guess you have a right to speak also, Baldimo, but I don't have to respect the BS you constantly put on a thread like this.

It isn't BS, it's the truth. If he was in Mexico not breaking the law, whould he have been shot?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:23 am
So far the Minutemen project seems to be quite successful. There aren't any mexicans crossing into Arizona. Instead, they are flowing into Califorinia by the s--tload. When the citizens are at work during the day, my city looks like Tijuana.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:28 am
cjhsa
Which only goes to show that the government could easily stop the flow of illegal aliens if they only wanted to.
0 Replies