Minuteman organizer James Gilchrist defends white racists

goodfielder

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 09:43 pm
No it looks like the offence is actually a misdemeanour

Entering the United States without inspection is a misdemeanor criminal offense, but the offense is completed once an individual has entered the country.

Link here http://www.nilc.org/immlawpolicy/arrestdet/ad070.htm

That being so then it seems there is no citizen's arrest under Az law. Anyway I think that given the fact that legislation has been enacted to allow local law enforcement officers the authority to act under the applicable federal law controlling immigration that there is no citizen's arrest right at all.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 09:47 pm
Jeez have I got an ego problem or what? I posted that three times. Sorry about that, I stuffed up. Once was enough.

An anarchism. I like anarchism, it's a viable political theory and seeing how things are going in our western so-called democracies I'm starting to like it even more. You know you blokes who say you're libertarians should have a look at anarchism, it's got a lot going for it.

I'm not talking about idiots who demonstrate and smash up shops and belt coppers over the head with huge lumps of wood. They're just fools.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 09:49 pm
actually I am a philosophical anarachist, there is a difference.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 09:54 pm
I alternate between anarchism and several political philosophies, never settling on just one.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 12:07 am
A bunch of real winners.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 12:25 am
cjhsa wrote:
A bunch of real winners.

http://www.delafont.com/comedians/Comedian_Images/l-cableguy1.jpg

Look who's talking... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 03:34 am
Thanks for the details Goodfielder.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 04:02 am
Dookiestix wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
According to the legal definition,these people are NOT vigilantes.
They are not taking the law into their own hands.They are spotting and calling the authorities.

What legal definition? The one in your warped head?

No,the one the LAW uses...
http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/vigilante.htm

Vigilante
n. Someone who ties to punish another person without any legal authority by taking the law into his/her own hands. Groups of vigilantes in the 1800s doled out their own "frontier justice" by conducting trials of accused horsethieves, rustlers and shooters, and hung the accused if "convicted." A mother who shoots and alleged molester of her child is a vigilante
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 04:13 am
Well, mysteryman, Goodfielder did just show that the Minutemen are "without any legal authority" on the matter:

Quote:

Entering the United States without inspection is a misdemeanor criminal offense, but the offense is completed once an individual has entered the country.

That being so then it seems there is no citizen's arrest under Az law.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 04:20 am
nimh wrote:
Well, mysteryman, Goodfielder did just show that the Minutemen are "without any legal authority" on the matter:

Quote:

That being so then it seems there is no citizen's arrest under Az law.

Nimh,
How many illegal ailens have the minutemen punished?
How have they punished them?
How have they taken the law into their own hands?
From all reports,they are reporting criminal acts to the proper authorities.
Those authorities are the Border Patrol,who then arrest the illegals.
There have been no reports of violence,no threats,nohangings,nothing.

So,how are these people vigilantes?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 04:26 am
Well they obviously dont fit the full definition of vigilantes that you quoted, but they do apparently lack any legal authority to do what they aim to do (make citizens' arrests) - which is all I said, and I thought it odd that you appeared to ignore Goodfielder's info on that.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:48 am
I Am fed up with the bleeding hearts that keep portraying the illegal alien as the good guy and those trying to get the government to enforce our laws as the villain. The damn truth is that they the illegal, remember illegal aliens, are the law breakers and should be treated as such. What would you do if someone was breaking into your house? We are the victim not those who break our laws?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:53 am
They may break a few innocuous laws, but those people are trying to break a people.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:16 am
Edgar wrote
Quote:

They may break a few innocuous laws, but those people are trying to break a people.

The immigration laws are innocuous, how so? They are a sign that says keep out property of the citizens of the US only the invited may enter.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:24 am
That's what I mean.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 01:36 pm
goodfielder wrote:

That being so then it seems there is no citizen's arrest under Az law. Anyway I think that given the fact that legislation has been enacted to allow local law enforcement officers the authority to act under the applicable federal law controlling immigration that there is no citizen's arrest right at all.

Under AZ revised statute 13-3884 it says...

13-3884. Arrest by private person

A private person may make an arrest:

1. When the person to be arrested has in his presence committed a misdemeanor amounting to a breach of the peace, or a felony.

2. When a felony has been in fact committed and he has reasonable ground to believe that the person to be arrested has committed it.

So,under AZ law,they DO have the power of citizens arrest.

Under Az revised statutes,
13-3884
13-3889
and
13-3900

you will see the exact AZ statutes regarding AZ law.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 02:03 pm
It depends on what 'Breach of the Peace' means.

For example, I could have two upaid midemeanor tickets, but if I am not causing a public disturbance, could you citizen's arrest me?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 02:05 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It depends on what 'Breach of the Peace' means.

For example, I could have two upaid midemeanor tickets, but if I am not causing a public disturbance, could you citizen's arrest me?

Cycloptichorn

In some states,yes.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 02:07 pm
In Arizona, based upon their laws which you posted?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 02:23 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
In Arizona, based upon their laws which you posted?

Cycloptichorn

I dont know,ask your attorney.
0 Replies