Going back to work.

Montana

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:09 am
Yesterday didn't turn out to be a short day after all, but I made it through this week and there will only be a few more weeks like this before it slows down a bit. I've got 63 1/2 hours this week and I'm looking forward to getting my pay next week :-D

I took a long bath after work last night, had a glass of wine and was out like a light. Today I'm planning on doing absolutely nothing and then it's back to the old grind stone tomorrow morning.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:13 am
Ah, the deep sleep of the virtuous, Montana! Very Happy Enjoy, enjoy! Very Happy
I'm very relieved that things are going to slow down soon. How could the workers hack this pace all the time? Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:45 am
I am very much looking forward to things slowing down. There's no way we could stay at this pace for too long and I wouldn't stay with it if it was permanent. I've gotten to know the people at my table quite well since we all pretty much live together during the week and I've been fully accepted into their click. I didn't seem to fit in with them at first and they barely talked to me at all, but that suddenly changed this past week and it's nice to feel like part of the group.
The guy who works beside me has always talked to me and has me laughing all day, every day, which helps get me through those very long days.
It seems that it's a job that not everyone can handle, since there are a few people who quit every day and a few who are hired to replace them.
I honestly didn't think I'd last and I was actually thinking of finding something else just after the first few days. The very long hours are difficult, but I just keep reminding myself that it's going to slow down soon and you guys have played a big part in helping me stay strong :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:55 am
Welcome back to the world of work, Montana! One of the BEST things about being there, I think (along with the pay packet! Very Happy ) is the friendships you make, the comradeship & the blessed relief of seeing the world in a very different way (than from a position of social isolation). Well, that's how it is for me, anyway, no matter how much I complain when tired! Laughing

Enjoy your Sunday! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:02 am
Thanks Olga. Yes, the social part of it is really nice and the best part is seeing that my son has made so many new friends there. I wasn't sure if my son was going to be able to handle the job since it's his first job, but as frustrated as he gets with the hours sometimes, he's hanging in there. Every time he feels like throwing in the towel, he remembers the friends that he's made and he bites the bullet.

I hope you enjoy your Sunday as well, Olga :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:05 am
I am. Montana! Very Happy But it's almost over.

I must have missed an odd post, though. I wasn't aware that your son worked there, too. It's a family affair? :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 05:19 am
Yeah, those days off tend to just fly by <sigh>!

Yup, I brought my son along with me to work and he's getting the swing of things. He was pretty excited when he got that first pay check and it's nice to see him feeling proud.
It was rough for him this past week and I didn't think he'd make it for a while there, but he got through it and he feels very good about himself for doing it.
He got his drivers license a few weeks ago and he's saving his money to buy himself a car :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 11:27 am
You'll never be this tired again--at least "never" until you're 80 or so and have been chasing your great grandchildren.

Congratulations for hanging on. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:34 am
Montana

I have this sneaking suspicion that the main reason for your return to work, in this particular job, was to ease you son into the workforce. If so, the strategy appears to have worked! Smile Am I wrong, or what? :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:58 am
Noddy
Thanks for your constant support. I feel about 80 at the moment, lol :-D

Olga
It was actually a combination of getting my son started in the work place and the fact that I want my winters off. Clearing snow here in the winter is a job in itself and I couldn't imagine getting up 3 hours early to clear snow and then have to head off to work.
We will have a few weeks off in July as well, so that'll be nice.
I also wanted a job that was a no brainer for a change.
I think this is the perfect first time job for my son as well. He is roughing the long hours, but he's hanging in there, so if he can make it in this job, he'll make it anywhere ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:05 am
Two birds with one stone, Montana! Very clever of you! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:06 am
Thank yee Olga :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:06 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:12 am
I hope this week is a little easier on you, Montana. A few weeks off in July sounds like a nice reprieve.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:40 am
Montana, I was right, you really CAN do anything!

You're such a strong woman. I so admire you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:02 am
JB
It is getting a bit easier on my back, but the long hours are something that's hard to get use too. Half the people in there are sick with a cold, including my son and I think I may be starting to come down with it as well. We've had lots of rain lately and I'm hoping that means we'll have a mild week. We did 11 hours yesterday, which wasn't bad and I hope today is the same if not slower.

BK
Thanks a bunch, you're very sweet :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 05:31 am
Hey, Montana!

Cooooo-eeee! (Oz bush call for lost people Laughing)

How's it going?

You OK?

Still hanging in there?

Want me to send you some mega vitamins, maybe? :wink:

I guess it's your weekend & you're having a much needed rest. ENJOY! You've earned it! Very Happy

Just saying hello, that's all ....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 03:01 am
Well, hello there Olga and all :-D I've had the flu for 3 weeks now and with the long hours I'm a bit run down, but I'm ok.
Things are starting to slow down a bit at work and I'm looking forward to the few weeks we will have off in July.
I made it through the busiest time of the season, so I'll get through the rest of the season, no problem.
It's been an interesting ride so far, but I'm all settled in and have gotten into the swing of things.
Not a dream job by any means, but it's a job ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 03:11 am
And jobs = $$$$, Montana! Not to be sneezed at! :wink:

Sorry to hear you've been sick, though. I'll bet the first time this has happened in yonks .... something to do with returning to work & other folks' GERMS! Mad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 03:23 am
Thanks, Olga. I was far from being alone in the sick department. Almost all 450 employees in there have been sick as well, with some catching it 2 or 3 times.

Well, It's that time again to get ready for work, so I'll write again when I can find some time :-D

Take good care of yourself ;-)
0 Replies