Going back to work.

JPB

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 01:15 pm
Good luck tomorrow, Montana. At least stop by and tell us how the job goes.

Take care!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 02:59 pm
Thanks JB. I'll most likely stop in on Sundays (my only day off) while I'm having my morning coffee :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:12 pm
Good luck, Montana.

Buy yourself some bubble bath and chocolates today. Tomorrow night you'll need pampering.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:21 am
Best of luck, Montana! You're going to be very, very tired for a bit! :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:28 am
Thanks you guys :-D

Seems I may not miss you guys as much as I thought. It's 5:15am and the first thing I did after getting my coffee was to come here, so I guess you're stuck with me, lol.
I know the first few weeks are going to be tough and tomorrow morning will most likely be the worst, so I will be taking lots of hot baths. I'll put chocolate on my list of things to get as well ;-)
I'm sure I'll be back here tomorrow morning talking about all my aches an pains, lol!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:05 pm
Montana--

You survived the first day! Congratulations.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 02:59 am
Oh My God!!!! 14 hours on my feet yesterday and I was so sore last night that I didn't sleep at all.

Today is another day <sigh>

Pray for me people!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 03:09 am
I'm not a praying person, Montana, but I'll ask the Goddess for her help. Very Happy
I knew you'd be stuffed after the first bit. I've gone through similar. It takes time to adjust to the tiredness & the loss of freedom. Here's a big hug for you: ((((( Hug)))) (Hope that helped!)

Now go take a LONG bubble bath!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 03:32 am
Thanks Olga. You're a sweetheart :-D

No time for a bath now, but hopefully today my day will be shorter and I can take a long one afterwards.

Oh, my aching body!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:13 am
14 hours on your feet?! Yikes.

Have you invested in some REALLY comfy shoes? Dansko is famous for being preferred by on-their-feet types like doctors and nurses.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 01:00 pm
Yikes! Sounds tough, Montana. I'm sending virtual back and shoulder rub vibes. I'm pretty good at foot rubs too. Stick your toes up and I'll see what I can do....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 05:03 pm
Next week will be much easier....can you last until next week? Tote that barge. Lift that bale. Consider all that lovely money.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:35 am
No Montana tonight, I see.
... Guess she must be fast asleep.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:08 am
Soz
Since I work in a lobster shop, the only shoes I'm allowed to wear are rubber boots.

JB
Ahhhhh!!! Thanks, that feels soooo good :-D

Noddy
Sure, I can last, but not without a stool to sit on. My son and I have the day off today because he's going for his license, so I'm going out to the city to find myself a stool. I never realized how hard it would be on my back to stand that long and I need to find a stool so I can sit.
The stool has to be made of a metal that doesn't rust and finding one around here is a job in istelf, so Fishin gave me a link to a site that sells aluminum stools and I found one that I really like. I'll be going to the city to find one to use while I'm waiting for my aluminum one, but before I order it, I'm hoping I get lucky in the city and find one there. If I can't find an aluminum one today, I'm going to get something for the mean time and tell my boss that if I'm not allowed to use it while I wait for mine through the mail, I won't be able to work until I get it.
I hurt my back years ago lifting something that was obviously too heavy for me and it's never been the same. I didn't think I'd have a problem here since you stand in one spot all day, but I was so very wrong. Standing in one spot is even worse than anything else and the fact that we're standing on cement floors doesn't help one bit.
So my job today is stool hunting.

Olga
Yes, I was surely in dream land. I slept very well last night :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:10 am
Can you wear, like, wellies? Rubber boots that go OVER comfy shoes?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:13 am
I'm not sure, but it's surely worth looking into. Thing is that no matter how comfortable the shoes are, the pressure on my back from standing for long periods is just too much.
I should have never carried that heavy tv upstairs 10 years ago <sigh>!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:15 am
By the way a regular good-quality athletic shoe would probably be better (and cheaper) than Dansko.

Hope it works out.

Do you know for sure that you can use a stool?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:15 am
Also, the floors are always wet, so I'd need boots that won't slip on wet cement.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:20 am
Thanks Soz. I'm sure they would help some and you can bet that I'll look into it.
Yes, they do allow stools as long as they are made of a metal that doesn't rust because they need to be hosed down at the end of every work day.
Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it very much :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:10 pm
Check out:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=17&topcategory=Spine

You might even be able to do some of the standing exercises as on-the-job stretching.
0 Replies