I always thought I was straight, but now I'm not sure?

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 12:11 am
To start off, I'm an 18 year old female. I've always thought that I was straight, but recently I've been feeling confused about my sexuality.

I've always had a strong attraction to men and that hasn't changed. But with an influx in people I know coming out as LGBT+, I've started to question whether men are the only sex I'm attracted to. I find certain women to be "hot", and when I think about it, I am not opposed to having sexual encounters with women (this had never even crossed my mind before because I felt so sure I was straight). I'm actually quite curious as to experiment with that.

I just feel very mixed up at this point in my life, and I wonder if it's even possible to go from being so sure to being this confused? Perhaps I have just been so influenced by the straight media that I completely inadvertently ignored any other side to my sexuality?

A friend of mine recently told me that maybe I don't need to put a label on my sexuality, and he has a point. However, it bugs me a lot that I can't entirely tell if I also have an attraction to women.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do any of you think that maybe I'm bisexual? Is the only way to tell to try and be with a woman? As I said, I am totally open to that. I just want answers in this time of uncertainty.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 883 • Replies: 1

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2018 04:41 am
@adifferentbreed,
Your friend is right; you don't need to put a label on it.

You're still finding out who you are. Enjoy the journey.
0 Replies