Breaking Wind With Your Spouse

eoe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:12 am
Has anyone ever tried "Beano"? It's supposed to counteract gas. (What a strange name for such a product. Or maybe not...) I was thinking of hounding my husband into trying it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:18 am
eoe-not heard of Beaon and it is an odd name!

Bellla-We have a number of dairy free 'milks' over here, the best one ive found is called So Good.We have a health food shop nearby, suppose its worth looking if they have tablets that would help.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:20 am
It helps but doesn't make it 100%. You still gotta watch. It's just not as bad when you take the pills.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:25 am
Il try anything, Im sat here in serious discomfort after going a bit OTT yesterday on naughty naughty chocolate, I should have learnt by now!!

I took calcium tablets when I was first diagnosed, havnt taken them for a while, should i take them as Im sure Im lacking in certain things from not eating dairy?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:37 am
material girl wrote:
Il try anything, Im sat here in serious discomfort after going a bit OTT yesterday on naughty naughty chocolate, I should have learnt by now!!

I took calcium tablets when I was first diagnosed, havnt taken them for a while, should i take them as Im sure Im lacking in certain things from not eating dairy?

Probably. I'd talk to your doctor to get the amount you should be taking and what kind. Yes, there are different kinds and they work differently apparently.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:43 am
Thanks for the advice.Isnt it odd that we can discuss these kind of things with complete strangers!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:06 am
HA!

the frog in the furniture

Laughing
Natural body function
Laughing
why are farts so funny???
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:14 am
I don't know but they are......let one rip and everyone around you struggles not to smile or laugh.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:19 am
not mine.
people around me struggle not to go DEAF.....?
<--- thunder britches..
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:12 am
Can I have the last five minutes of my life back after slogging through five pages of this cr@p? Smile

My own fault, I guess....

There's a Mexican restaurant here that provides Beano on the table like it's sweetener....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 11:05 am
http://www.dotfart.com/
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 12:05 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Can I have the last five minutes of my life back after slogging through five pages of this cr@p? Smile

Absolutly not..
welcome to the fart club.
Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 12:42 pm
I guessed correctly the number of farts. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:17 pm
DrewDad wrote:
There's a Mexican restaurant here that provides Beano on the table like it's sweetener....

Really? I wonder if it works? Or does the restaurant provide it as a prompt to eat more?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:46 pm
My former in laws swore by Beano. They thought it was the best invention since sliced bread! I've never tried it myself. Mostly I am a morning tooter and awake before anyone else in the house is. Lucky for me, I get the wind blown away before anyone else wakes up! Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:53 pm
So if beano stops you from having to fart...
where does it store the gas?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:55 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

In it's pockets. It then attaches itself to your poo and rides out without a sound.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:58 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

In my head maybe? Hence the term "airhead"? Laughing

Actually, I think it breaks the gas down into more "manageable, smaller" expulsions to avoid Mt. Vesuvius type eruptions. I'll have to check it out further and see exactly. Very good point. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:01 pm
Lady J wrote:

Actually, I think it breaks the gas down into more "manageable, smaller" expulsions .
wha?
Burps?

ew
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:03 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Lady J wrote:

Actually, I think it breaks the gas down into more "manageable, smaller" expulsions .
wha?
Burps?

ew

Smaller, less noticeable farts, probably more frequent than a few big ones. Or exactly what Bella Dea said. Smile
0 Replies