Obstructionism: the ultimate trump card?

KingReef

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2018 03:53 am
@vikorr,
I'm polarized against picking and picked dates too. That is why I don't do that. I don't understand dates, I understand signs. I'm not saying that someone cannot come up with dates, I'm just not the one doing it. It's all about signs for me. The signs help me to know when they have the dates wrong.
vikorr

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2018 04:05 pm
@KingReef,
After the fact - after all, everyone else who ever said aloud 'X will occur on Y <date>' has also said "Because all the signs point to it"
KingReef

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2018 07:00 pm
@vikorr,
Yes. I see that happen too. What I don't want to do is throw the baby out with the bathwater. Everyone is on their own program. I didn't learn all of this over night. It took years, and still I don't point to dates. All my eschatological predictions are dependent upon signs. Which is why when someone says Jesus is returning on X, X 2018, I will know they are wrong. The time for that sign is at least 7 years off. Too many other things have to happen first.

edit: Anyway, that is why I think obstruction against Trump isn't likely to be successful. They might win a bout or two, but how successful they are in matters concerning Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq, and Israel will tell me more about what I suspect as being true or untrue in these times.

Their obstruction concerning Kavanaugh is not connected to any eschatological event that I can tell, but I noticed that the obstruction didn't work against him, thank God. I hate it when innocent people are literally or figuratively victimized by a Democrat lynch mob. I guess the Democrats are out of their old practice by a couple of decades. Did you know that in the wikipedia article on Lynching in the United States, the word Democrat appears 36 times?
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 02:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Private individuals can sue others except the US government. In the case of the US government, they must first provide approval. However, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_suit
So in other words, everything that I said is correct.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 02:25 pm
@oralloy,
"Everything you said" are highly questionable, and take it with a grain of salt.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 03:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Wrong. I conclusively proved that your comment was nonsense and you had no idea what you were talking about.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 03:22 pm
@KingReef,
Quote:
Did you know that in the wikipedia article on Lynching in the United States, the word Democrat appears 36 times?

Yeah! The old racist Southern Democrats fled to the Republican party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act. The Republicans welcomed them with open arms. The racist Southern Democrats helped make the Republican Party what it is today, and that's not something to be proud of.
KingReef

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 07:35 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Quote:
Did you know that in the wikipedia article on Lynching in the United States, the word Democrat appears 36 times?

Yeah! The old racist Southern Democrats fled to the Republican party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act. The Republicans welcomed them with open arms. The racist Southern Democrats helped make the Republican Party what it is today, and that's not something to be proud of.

Can you give me a source for that?
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 08:50 pm
@KingReef,
KingReef wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Can you give me a source for that?

There are many articles about this out there, but wikipedia is a quick source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Democrats

Quote:
In the presidential elections of 1952 and 1956 Republican nominee Dwight David Eisenhower, a popular World War II general, won several Southern states, thus breaking some white Southerners away from their Democratic Party pattern. The passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a significant event in converting the Deep South to the Republican Party; in that year most Senatorial Republicans supported the Act (most of the opposition came from Southern Democrats), but the Republican Party nominated for the Presidency Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater, who had opposed it. From the end of the Civil War to 1960 Democrats had solid control over the southern states in presidential elections, hence the term "Solid South" to describe the states' Democratic preference. After the passage of this Act, however, their willingness to support Republicans on a presidential level increased demonstrably. Goldwater won many of the "Solid South" states over Democratic candidate Lyndon Johnson, himself a Texan, and with many this Republican support continued and seeped down the ballot to congressional, state, and ultimately local levels. A further significant item of legislation was the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which targeted for preclearance by the U.S. Department of Justice any election-law change in areas where African-American voting participation was lower than the norm (most but not all of these areas were in the South); the effect of the Voting Rights Act on southern elections was profound, including the by-product that some White Southerners perceived it as meddling while Black voters universally appreciated it. The trend toward acceptance of Republican identification among Southern White voters was bolstered in the next two elections by Richard Nixon.

Denouncing the forced busing policy that was used to enforce school desegregation,[4] Richard Nixon courted populist conservative Southern whites with what is called the Southern Strategy, though his speechwriter Jeffrey Hart claimed that his campaign rhetoric was actually a "Border State Strategy" and accused the press of being "very lazy" when they called it a "Southern Strategy".[5] In the 1971 Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education ruling, the power of the federal government to enforce forced busing was strengthened when the Supreme Court ruled that the federal courts had the discretion to include busing as a desegregation tool to achieve racial balance. Some southern Democrats became Republicans at the national level, while remaining with their old party in state and local politics throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Of the known Dixiecrats, only three switched parties becoming Republicans: Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms and Mills E. Godwin, Jr. In the 1974 Milliken v. Bradley decision, however, the ability to use forced busing as a political tactic was greatly diminished when the U.S. Supreme Court placed an important limitation on Swann and ruled that students could only be bused across district lines if evidence of de jure segregation across multiple school districts existed.
KingReef

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 09:24 pm
@maporsche,
Um . . . interesting. @coluber2001, made it sound like it was a devious move. Help me out, did I miss the part about some kind of racist move to make Republicans into racists? I just don't see that in the article. I'm not perfect though. Which part says something about Republicans becoming racist. See, I remember Strom Thurmond. At the time I remember him, he wasn't claiming racism, and was actually against racism.

@coluber2001,
I noticed you didn't give me a source for your claim yet. Do you have one?
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 09:43 pm
@KingReef,
He didn’t make it out like that at all. I think you’re reading something into his post that isn’t there.

The racist southern democrats moved to the Republican Party because the Republican Party more closely aligned with the policies the racist southerners wanted.

The Republican Party still more closely aligned with what the racists in the country want.
maporsche

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 09:46 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

1) The old racist Southern Democrats fled to the Republican party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

2) The Republicans welcomed them with open arms.

3) The racist Southern Democrats helped make the Republican Party what it is today, and that's not something to be proud of.

Kingreef, there were just three main sentences to his post. Please point out anything here that is incorrect. I’d love to know where you read the deviousness into his words.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 09:52 pm
@maporsche,
....today. That was proven by Trump ascendency to the presidency with his history of racial bigotry in NYC. His speech about "both sides having good people" exposed his bigotry to the world. His wall, his "Mexicans are criminals and rapists," doesn't take any imagination to label him for who he is. His ban on all Muslims wasn't just bigotry, it was against the US Constitution. His respect and admiration for Putin for all the world to see can't leave anyone's imagination in the dark. At least, Trump's approval rating is one of the lowest in contemporary history. It should really be lower than HW Bush's. http://time.com/5010653/donald-trump-approval-ratings-low-poll/
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 10:57 pm
@coluber2001,
And most of us also know that the republican party of today is not the party of Lincoln.
0 Replies

KingReef

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 12:35 am
@maporsche,
1) The old racist Southern Democrats fled to the Republican party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act.

maporsche

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 03:46 am
@KingReef,
I don’t watch videos. Type your thoughts here please.
KingReef

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 06:42 am
@maporsche,
So that's what this is, I'm talking to three Leftists?
maporsche

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 09:38 am
@KingReef,
You don’t want to talk to me?
KingReef

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 10:15 am
@maporsche,
Answer a question with a question? lol

You do what you want. I got other things to do. Maybe I'll talk to you some other time.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 12:35 pm
@KingReef,
Your video does not negate the fact that the old racist Southern Democrats fled to the Republican party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act.