What does it take to be liberal? (Kicked out of the liberal club).

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 05:21 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
oralloy wrote:
neptuneblue wrote:
4. Repeat your stance ad nauseam while telling others their opinion based on facts is wrong and your opinion is the only one that matters.
I do this. Am I wrong to do so if I am right and everybody else is wrong?
Maybe not automatically wrong, but often boring and monotonous.
Should I stop telling the truth because you find it boring?

Why aren't all the falsehoods that other people post also boring?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:05 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Repeat your stance ad nauseam while telling others their opinion based on facts is wrong and your opinion is the only one that matters.

This forum has quite a few that fall into that category.

And you are not one of them?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:08 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

KingReef wrote:

The Me-Too movement was once an anti-Trump cause, which actually took on its own life, and began to mow down anyone who got in the way. Trump wasn't harmed by it, which is something that I think is irony. It looks as if the liberals are devouring themselves, however.

Such bull **** in this post, but this particular part I thought was funny.

You know who was harmed by this? Anybody on the right who would ever claim a 'moral majority' or that religious people have a greater ethical belief system.

Those people have been harmed tremendously.

For the rest of my life it will be hard to forget the Republicans spitting in the face of all their moral superiority over the last 20-30 years.

Such bull **** in this post, but this particular part I thought was funny.

Quote:
You know who was harmed by this? Anybody on the right who would ever claim a 'moral majority' or that religious people have a greater ethical belief system.

Considering that the, by far, majority of takedowns via #MeToo have been liberals, your comment is absurd.
Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:23 pm
The absurdity here is that the MeToo movement started in 2006 for all women who had survived sexual assault, and had nothing to do with politics to begin with. Both claims here are bullsh*t. Just a little over a year ago, allegations against Harvey Weinstein ignited the current furor. It certainly wasn't about Plump--some conservative just can't get their heads out of the @ss of the fat boy in the White House.

This article from The Chicago Tribune provides a time line for the #MeToo movement. For more than 170 years, The Chicago Tribune has been a prominent conservative voice in the American news media.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:25 pm
@Setanta,
What are the two claims?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 01:42 pm
#MeToo was started by an African American woman who in my opinion is rather reasonable. She was speaking from the perspective of being a woman of color. Not many people paid any attention to #MeToo until two things happened.

1) Trump beat Hillary, enraging liberal White Women.
2) Several prominent White Women were found to be victims of Harvey Weinstein.

A movement about sexual assault should cross political ideological lines. The current movement is cynically using the issue of sexual assault to push one political ideology to the exclusion of all others. Women (or men) who are victims of sexual assault are left out. There are victims of sexual assault who believe that abortion is morally wrong... where do they turn?

Ideological liberals are using the issue of sexual assault as a political tool.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 03:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Ideological liberals are using the issue of sexual assault as a political tool.

They did with Brett Kavanaugh, but I don't see that this is widespread.

More liberals than conservatives have been #MeToo targets.

This doesn't mean that #MeToo isn't being weaponized, but until Kavanaugh, I don't think it was.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 08:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You would know I suppose. You’ve jumped head first into acute-absurdity these last 12ish months
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 04:42 pm
@maporsche,
Consider me scolded. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 08:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Are you having trouble following the conversation?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 11:24 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Are you having trouble following the conversation?

I always have trouble following your diatribes.

You referenced two claims.

I would like to know specifically what they are.

If you can't or won't describe them, that tells me all I need to know.

Thanks
Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 04:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
That was no diatribe, I simply provided a source for the #MeToo movement from a well-respected conservative newspaper. Your habit of using tendentious language--no doubt to improve the sneering opportunities--doesn't hide what appears to be your inability to follow a rather simple exchange.

I referred to two claims. (Reference is a noun, the verb from which it derives if refer.) Hint: re-read the posts by King Reef and Neptuneblue--maybe the nickel will drop for you then.

I really don't care what other snarky bullsh*t you trot out about what you may or may not need to know. It does appear to me that you either don't read well, or can't follow a simple line of discussion.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 07:45 pm
@Setanta,
As I expected
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 09:22 pm
Oooo . . . you're almost prescient!

Do you own homework, Bubba. If you can't figure things out, don't expect that anyone here is obliged to 'splain things to ya.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 01:32 pm
@Setanta,
And again true to form...
Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 01:44 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
What does it take to be liberal? (Kicked out of the liberal club)

Uh, have you forgotten, Max? The first rule of liberal club is, you don't talk about liberal club. Those gatekeeper wannabes you're talking about are, by definition, not members in good standing at liberal club.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 02:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You remind me of Joseph Goebbels--"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty." You're the one acting true to form--too lazy to go back and read the posts to understand.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:43 pm
@Setanta,
And again...
maporsche

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You guys could probably keep this going for weeks. Each one thinking that they’re winning the insult battle.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:45 pm
@maporsche,
Good thing we have a sage like you to intercede.
0 Replies