What does it take to be liberal? (Kicked out of the liberal club).

camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 04:16 am
@Lash,
Mcgentrix doesn't post anything of any substance. He is like Finn.
0 Replies

KingReef

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 08:10 am
@Lash,
I'm saying liberals aren't supposed to think too much. That is why they need talking points and chanting. If a liberal, or even moreso, a Leftist begins to examine what they are doing, they begin to find that they are incapable of justifying their hypocrisy.

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mds0UsiAuCk
maxdancona

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 08:40 am
Just to be perfectly clear, I don't believe the problem of group think is a liberal problem. There are two ideological bubbles, equally dogmatic and equally prone to put ideological narrative over facts.

I am talking about the liberal side because I consider myself a liberal and this forum is dominated by a group of people who are decidedly in the liberal camp.

I would be equally critical of conservative group think in a conservative space.

My call is to question the ideological bubble, this goes for both of them.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 09:48 am
@KingReef,
Says the doofus who's posted a lot of mindless scripture. Liberals may not think much, but they think considerably more than you.

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-if-you-cannot-convince-a-fascist-acquaint-his-head-with-the-pavement-leon-trotsky-72-64-52.jpg
camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Says the doofus who's posted a lot of mindless scripture.

Says the doofus who's posted a lot of falsehoods.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 10:02 am
@maxdancona,
Yet you go on in your delusions that you and y'all are part of the US system of government.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 10:36 am
https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1459243207p4/4462369.jpg

“Do not proffer sympathy to the mentally ill; it is a bottomless pit. Tell them firmly, “I am not paid to listen to this drivel — you are a terminal fool!” Otherwise, they make you as crazy as they are.”

― William S. Burroughs
0 Replies

KingReef

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
I agree, it is not just a liberal problem, it's just that the liberals are the ones showing up for protests without having a firm idea having to do with who or what they are protesting. A microphone becomes present, they are asked a question, and they are visibly stunning themselves at the inability to answer intelligently. Visibly.

I have so many examples of that.

Here is another set of liberals / leftists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WM7N-gFwDY
maxdancona

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:04 pm
@KingReef,
Quote:

I have so many examples of that

This is the symptom of the ideological bubble you are in. You see very clearly when people in the "other" bubble act unreasonably, yet the ways your own tribe are unreasonable are out of your field of view.

You could do a similar good search for conservative protesters acting like idiots, you would get similar results.

I will leave that as an exercise to the reader (I was a physics teacher).
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:06 pm
Time to move on Max
camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:18 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This is the symptom of the ideological bubble you are in. You see very clearly when people in the "other" bubble act unreasonably, yet the ways your own tribe are unreasonable are out of your field of view.

You could do a similar good search for conservative protesters acting like idiots, you would get similar results.

I will leave that as an exercise to the reader (I was a physics teacher).

You can write this, max, but you can't see how it so clearly illustrates what an incredible hypocrite you are.

Your ideological bubble is impervious to science, rational thought, facts. Y'all have gone finn/baldimo/mcg/blatham/... .
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 12:19 pm
@KingReef,
Quote:
A microphone becomes present, they are asked a question, and they are visibly stunning themselves at the inability to answer intelligently. Visibly.

I have so many examples of that.

They're Americans, KR, what do you expect?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 01:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Time to move on Max

#walkaway
0 Replies

KingReef

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 01:08 pm
@maxdancona,
I am ready, if it becomes apparent, to alter my views. I've been that way for many years now. Early on I saw the necessity to adjust my figurative 'eyeglass' subscription to view with concerning reality. My pastor was a Philosophies of Education professor and he taught about ideologies at times. I learned to be more flexible. I think it is a good path to follow, since there are multiple layers of information, disinformation, deceit, truth, sophistry, deception, misdirection, misinformation, fallacies, and rhetoric, etc.

So if I'm wrong about something, it can be brought to my attention and I would hope to consider it. But it doesn't make me wrong when I find that those who are acting on a political stance, fail to be capable of articulating the stance fairly and comprehensively. Such are the videos I linked on this thread. They can't articulate their complaints. What's left are stalls in speech because they find themselves without good reason for holding the talking points they heard and acted on. It's not me who is acting on their political ideology, it's them. It doesn't mean I'm wrong, not yet at least.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
My call is to question the ideological bubble, this goes for both of them.

Then you'd serve yourself better by crafting a thread topic geared towards that.

Incidentally, there are far more than just two bubbles of political thinking out there. Some bubbles are smaller and some are larger, they all exist.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 03:30 pm
@Sturgis,
There are two main political camps in the US without too much in the middle. The right is bifurcated between Trump and not so Trump but those branches aren't that far apart on the issues. The left in the US is a tight little cluster of ideology.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 03:53 pm
@maxdancona,
We must be seeing different clusters. While there are quite a few of the wail and moans on both sides, there are also distinct sets within both the Democratic camp and the Republican camp. They too have their wailing and moaning crew at each end along with quite a few subdivisions in the territory between.

Unlike many, I tend to be an across the spectrum type. In some issues I bend heavily to the left, while in others I tilt to the right. This is not new for me. As mentioned several times in other posts in this board, I first registered as a Conservative which was more to annoy my mother than knowing anything about them. (She was a strange and bothersome Democrat who voted for women and minorities in the Dem. party before others with the Democratic label. Didn't seem to matter what their actual views were. Tbat aside, she definitely was a Liberal Democrat, and long before it was considered decent or proper. Then again, her parents (my grandparents had both registered as Communists at one point....which got my grandfather blacklisted).)
Eventually I signed up as a Democrat. I've stayed there even though I often have strong disagreements with their platform of the moment.

I've been known to vote Republican. Problem is, I do not like the term Independent as a party name. The idea of calling anything Progressive does not appeal. Technically, one could say The Tea Party is progressive.

I suppose in some odd way, I am similar to Mother in my being an outsider. That annoys me even as it charms me.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 04:02 pm
@Sturgis,
The country is largely divided into two camps.

- One side is pro-life, pro-guns, anti-Obamacare, dismissive of black lives matters and sensitive to slights against the flag

- The other side is pro-choice, pro MeToo, pro-LGBT, anti-gun and sensitive to any slights against women.

Americans are now clustered, pretty tightly, into these two camps with pretty close relation between these unrelated issues. There are some people who might cross the lines on one issue or another, but the clustering is pretty remarkable.

It isn't just issues... it is ideological narrative. On either side, the ideological narratives are more important than the facts.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 04:03 pm
@Sturgis,
I am curious; On which issues do you feel you differ from the modern liberal perspective?

Is there any issue about which you can say that conservatives have a valid point?
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2018 04:14 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Problem is, I do not like the term Independent as a party name.

It doesn't fit in well with being a sheeple, does it, Sturgis?

Quote:
The idea of calling anything Progressive does not appeal. Technically, one could say The Tea Party is progressive.

One who is woefully ignorant of actual terminology could.
0 Replies