Poor Kavanaugh wants to run for SC judge

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 07:55 am
@mysteryman841,
I'm not demonizing the clown--he has convicted himself of being a dangerous reactionary out of his own mouth. I'm just pointing out that in this case, he can't keep his story straight. This is a he said/she said situation, and I know men too well to buy his story. Just how do you propose to determine who is lying and who is telling the truth?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:18 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Don't piggy-back your narrative on my post. Make your comments on your own hook. I'm not buying Kavanaugh's story--end of story.

Of course you are not buying Kavanaugh's story. You are an ideological liberal. All of the ideological conservatives question the accusers story.

This is another case where there is no way to know what really happened, but everyone will be sure they know based on their own political prejudice.

What a mess.

mysteryman841

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:23 am
@maxdancona,
I have said quite clearly that I DONT KNOW what happened, I wasn't there.

All I am saying is that with the way it came out, and all the questions concerning how it came out, it doesn't pass the smell test for me.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:26 am
@mysteryman841,
Quote:
it doesn't pass the smell test for me.

And you are an ideological conservative. That fits the pattern (although I see you are hedging a bit). Compare your feelings about this to the feelings of the ideological liberals here.

I think the correlation between political ideology, and whether you believe Kavanaugh's accuser is pretty solid.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:30 am
Just to make it clear; the Supreme Court nomination process is a political game. The Republicans are trying to get the ball past the goal line, this accusation is part of the Democrats defensive strategy (at the center is Susan Collins).

Both sides are playing for keeps, but it is all a game.

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:32 am
@mysteryman841,
Quote:
I have said quite clearly that I DONT KNOW what happened, I wasn't there.

All I am saying is that with the way it came out, and all the questions concerning how it came out, it doesn't pass the smell test for me.

You illustrate your illogic, mm. When someone admits "quite clearly" that HE DOESN'T KNOW then that same HE also shouldn't make unwarranted assumptions that it isn't true, because as you have noted, YOU DON'T KNOW.
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:32 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I think the correlation between political ideology, and whether you believe Kavanaugh's accuser is pretty solid.

You may be right, but that ignores the concerns that everyone should have about these accusations.

Why did it take 30 years to come out?
Why did the dems hold on to this letter?
Why wasn't Kavanaugh asked about it in the hearings?

I am not saying it didn't happen, I remember parties when I was in high school.

But there are way to many unanswered questions about the timing of this entire thing.
I want those questions answered before this entire circus goes any farther, and possibly destroys a mans reputation.
Because even if he is proven innocent, he cant get his reputation back.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:35 am
@mysteryman841,
There you go Mysteryman.

I find Camlok's posts boring... but in this case he serves some purpose to represent a typical liberal viewpoint. Notice the difference between your opinion and his.

People are lining up in the two camps in a ridiculously predictable way. You are making very predictable arguments based on your side.
camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 08:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Liars require 100% memory.

That is what gets you in so much trouble, ci.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 09:11 am
@roger,
Considering that he initially denied the assault, not the party, it seems odd to later decide he remembered not attending the party.

Also interesting that his team was ready and waiting with those 65 attestations of his fine honour ... they knew this could happen and were prepared (but sat on it just in case) ... and then ... https://www.salon.com/2018/09/17/only-two-women-stand-by-kavanaugh-after-accuser-comes-forward_partner/

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/16/trump-kavanaugh-allegations-response-826069

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/17/power-elite-of-suburban-washington-split-over-kavanaugh-allegations-826318

Quote:
several signatories of the Kavanaugh letter would have been in 4th grade when Kavanaugh was 17, and in a poor position to personally vouch for him.

Quote:
By Monday, 200 alumnae of Holton were circulating a draft letter in support of her. The letter calls her account of being accosted by Kavanaugh “all too consistent with stories we heard and lived while attending Holton.”

there's no upside for Ford here. it's just going to be ugly for her

__

As far Kavanaugh, it's just one more thing on a list of things that make him abhorent to me. His judicial record, his behaviour re Ms. Lewinsky, so many things. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/brett-kavanaugh-owes-monica-lewinsky-an-apology/2018/08/27/5be2e324-aa1b-11e8-b1da-ff7faa680710_story.html

http://time.com/5387681/brett-kavanaugh-disabled-rights-supreme-court/

Quote:
I worry that rather than making progress, the hellish, relentless discrimination of pre-ADA America could become a reality once again for me and for millions of other people with disabilities if Judge Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed to the Supreme Court.

Judge Kavanaugh has shown us what he believes about disabled Americans. In Tarlow v. D.C., he ruled that those with mental disabilities shouldn’t have the right to make medical decisions about their own bodies. In Baloch v. Kempthorne, he declared that businesses’ profits are more important than our health. And in Johnson v. Interstate Management Company, he decided that it’s okay for employers to discriminate against us, too.

The cases are different, the plaintiffs change, but one fact remains the same: Judge Kavanaugh’s rulings make clear that he’s just not concerned whether we’re able to go to school, get decent health care, eat at a restaurant like anyone else or even earn a livable wage.

Well, I am. And I’m going to fight as hard as I can these next few weeks to make sure that our next Supreme Court justice isn’t someone who thinks we’re less worthy of our rights than able-bodied Americans.

gun rights + disability + Kavanaugh = trouble for disabled gun owners
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 09:12 am
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:

Why did DiFi sit on the letter if she has had it since july?

why did Kavanaugh's team sit on the 65 supporters? (that letter was not created in a couple of hours) they knew this was out there - waiting
maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:04 am
@ehBeth,
Great! there is EhBeth, supporting the accuser. We are all lining up nicely according to our partisan teams.... just as expected.

I have a game, give me a name before they post.... I bet I can guess their opinion (based on the partisan side they always take). Setanta, DrewDad, Izzy, engineer... will all be right along with Ehbeth. ColdJoint, Finn, et al... will agree with mysterman. I don't see any surprises here.

And while we are here... there is no way that Tom Brady could have deflated those footballs.

0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:54 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I find Camlok's posts boring...

You are such a liar, maxdancona. You got your dishonest ass handed to you so many times you wear it around your neck. A major intellectual coward is what you are. If my posts were boring you would be able to make short work of them. Instead you flee and take potshots from the peanut gallery.

Quote:
but in this case he serves some purpose to represent a typical liberal viewpoint. Notice the difference between your opinion and his.[/quote]

You obviously are lying here or you are clueless as to what my viewpoint is. Either way, you'll take a powder, ... again. A major intellectual coward is what you are.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:00 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
there's no upside for Ford here. it's just going to be ugly for her

The truth is important to some people, Beth. Why don't you consider putting the truth forward sometime instead of just looking to see what your clique signals you to do?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:37 am
@ehBeth,
Kavanaugh has already been caught in lies. His application for SCOTUS is a sham. He has no morals. His lies and treatment of a woman is enough to kill his application in normal times. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-russ-feingold-kavanaugh-lies_us_5ba020f6e4b013b0977defff
maxdancona

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 11:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yep, Cicerone is a liberal and lines up in the liberal camp.

Another box checked, still no surprises.
camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Kavanaugh has already been caught in lies.

Wouldn't Shakespeare just love to have a crack at writing plays about the tragedy that is the US of A?

He would have a field day with all the villains, liars, crooks, criminals, sex fiends, cons and dems, ... .

Anyone else you know, ci, that has been caught in lies?
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Yep, Cicerone is a liberal and lines up in the liberal camp.

Aren't you swift, max? You are just cottoning on to this now??!!

I think that you are trying to advance the idea that these cons and dems are hypocrites. Which is stunningly hypocritical coming from you, max.

I think that you are trying to advance the idea that these cons and dems are being dishonest. Which is stunningly hypocritical coming from you, max.
0 Replies

mysteryman841

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:05 pm
@maxdancona,
I have no idea what camlok said, I have him blocked for being boring and repetative.
He is a one trick pony that blames all of the worlds ills on the US.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 12:15 pm
@mysteryman841,
mysteryman841 wrote:

Why did it take 30 years to come out?

It's a bloody mystery isn't it? Why would a woman keep quiet about being raped? You'd think they'd be eager to let everyone know right away. It's not like they'd want to try forget about it or anything.