We Have A Republican Party Waging A War Against Women And Women's Healthcare.

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:35 pm
We have a republican party waging a war against women and women's healthcare. It is a crazy situation when in 2012 there is House hearing to talk about contraception. And for some reason the republican chair brought before that committee an entire panel of men to talk about contraception. You're having a panel on women's health. Where are the women? Why would we not have an equal number of women and men? Maybe we should have an entire panel of women.

Published on Jul 30, 2012
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 6,123 • Replies: 130

glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:28 pm
@Real Music,
Maybe they only discussed condoms and abstinence. hahahahahahahahahaha
McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:32 pm
@Real Music,
If only there were women in the Republican party.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:56 pm
@McGentrix,
There are many women who are Republicans, but why would Congress need any of those women on a panel regarding Women's reproductive health issues???? Surely the men on the panel have wives, mothers or sisters, wouldn't it be utter nonsense for Republican women to sit on such a panel. Besides, Most of the Congresswomen and Senators would likely be attending one of the numerous bridal or baby showers they throw for the Senate or House aides . Gotta maintain an air of concern and affection for the troops. Kind of smart.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:41 am
@glitterbag,
I am a man and I could see how bad that looks. An all male panel talking about women's healthcare. Not one woman on the panel talking about women's healthcare. Wow!!!
Real Music

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 12:45 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
If only there were women in the Republican party.
I guess the republican party couldn't find any republican women legislators to sit on this panel. Not even one.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 01:12 pm
@Real Music,
I would have expected at least a nod toward the gender that actually gives birth with ovaries and all the other organs unique to this folks. I wish I could remember exactly who the participates were involved in one contentious floor discussion on Affordable Health Care.... one congressman complained he didn't want to pay for maternity care because he will never need it, immediately a congresswoman responded "I bet your mother did". It made me laugh, I wish I had thought of it first.

For the life of me I can't understand how the planners missed how ridiculous it appeared. Actually, it was pretty insulting. They really needed a balance on that group, but apparently it never occurred to the planners that women might have an interest in their own healthcare. This is not an anti-male or bash male position, it just makes sense. Everyone should have at least a rudimentary or basic understanding of health needs specifically for men and women.

I have friends who are Republicans and Democrats, in that group I'm aware of some who find abortion unthinkable, I don't think anyone one in either group think abortion is an easy decision. There is also a considerable number of women who believe theses decisions are should made by the individual, not by legislators.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 03:31 pm
The "War on Women" is a stupid political slogan. It gets liberals all excited while alienating the very voters they need to win elections.

Yelling "anyone who disagrees with me on abortion hates women" means that you have insulted 38% of women in the electorate.

Insulting voters is a surprisingly dumb political strategy.
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 03:47 pm
@maxdancona,
When there's a "War on The Penis" let me know, and I'm sure there'd be lots of discussion that would intrigue quite a few people.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 05:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
These political slogans are divisive, and politically stupid. To win elections you need to convince the people in the middle (outside of your core groups) to vote for you. We got the "War on Drugs", the "War on Christmas"... these are all meaningless ideological candy tossed out to mindless supporters.

Yes, the Republicans insult people... but the people who they insult aren't going to vote for them anyway. The Republicans aren't losing any votes. The Democrats insist on insulting the very people they need. It is shooting yourself in the foot.

"Vote for us you sexist pigs" is not a very good message for a political party.
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 06:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Because it does not immediately concern you, you already have a preconceived notion that a war against women's right isn't happening. You don't want to admit what is right in front of you and try to sway the conversation elsewhere.

There is a war against women and their healthcare. If you choose not to participate in a solution, then quit posting.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 06:30 pm
@neptuneblue,
This political slogan "War on Women" is not a very good one. Millions of women voted for Donald Trump; 41% of women voted for Trump (vs. 54% for Clinton). Many of them oppose abortion.

You are saying that every woman who opposes abortion (which is 38% of American women) is part of a war on woman?

This is a stupid slogan. You can't insult voters and expect to win elections.

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 06:33 pm
@maxdancona,
How is this a conversation about abortion? Maybe take a step back from your pulpit and realize this isn't about YOU.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 06:44 pm
@neptuneblue,
Really?

You are saying that "abortion" isn't part of the war on women? I am a little confused then, other than abortion... I don't see where "woman's health care" is any different than men's health care even under the Republican plan.

Are you saying that a woman who believes that abortion should be illegal in most cases isn't part of the "war on women"?

It seems to me that abortion is the primary issue when Democrats talk about "woman's health care".

The "war on women" is a partisan political slogan. The women in the Republican party don't use this term.
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 07:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Since the concept of women and their health care only seems to imply "abortion" to you, any other discussion with you is impossible.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 07:29 pm
@neptuneblue,
You are alleging a "war against women" from a political party. There are lots of women in this political women. I don't imagine I am the only person who thinks "abortion" when they read this term because you haven't explained it.

Can you explain it? What exactly does the slogan "war on women" mean?
Real Music

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 07:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
They really needed a balance on that group, but apparently it never occurred to the planners that women might have an interest in their own healthcare. This is not an anti-male or bash male position, it just makes sense.

You are absolutely correct.
This needs to be repeated over and over again. Smile
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 07:36 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't have to allege anything, other than your constant posting drowns out other points of view. Again, not every post has to have Max's opinion. Relax. Read. And for once, shut the **** up.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 07:40 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
And for once, shut the **** up.

You don't get to do this Neptune. If you post questionable political views on a public site, people get to question. I know you don't like being questioned or challenged. Sorry ... that's the way it works.

Claiming that someone is part of a "war on women" is pretty nasty thing to say. No one is actually saying this about themselves.... this is an accusation, a nasty term that you are throwing at other people.

You have thrown a nasty political slogan around without any explanation. I don't think you are being reasonable.
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
The only thing I'm throwing out -- is up. Your diarrhea posts are sickening to me. Again, if you'd like to offer a solution, that's great. But you want to be contentious and unreasonable. Therefore, I ask you to give latitude to people that actually care and want reform. Apparently, that isn't you.