Israel is officially an apartheid state

coldjoint

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 01:39 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
to equate Islam and anti-Semitism as synonymous because that demonizes muslims

Then their own religion demonizes them. This is an obligation clearly stated in Islamic literature to kill all Jews. And these actions are not demonized in Islam. They are rewarded.
livinglava

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 07:31 pm
@coldjoint,
'Islam' means submission to God. Why would God's will be to kill all Jews? What verse of the Quran are you referring to?
coldjoint

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 08:35 pm
@livinglava,
I will let this guy explain it. Do you know what the Hadith is?

Quote:
The killing of Jews is a mandatory religious obligation established by Islam’s founder Muhammad, according to a Muslim academic who spoke on Palestinian Authority television.

“Muhammad said in his Hadith: “The Hour [Day of Resurrection] will not arrive until you fight the Jews, [until a Jew will hide behind a rock or tree] and the rock and the tree will say: ‘Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!'” said Hassan Khader, founder of the Al Quds Encyclopedia.

https://www.wnd.com/2003/07/19775/
More reading
Quote:
It is a brute fact that when Muhammad arrived in Medina in AD 622, a sizable Jewish community thrived there. When he died in AD 632, very few Jews remained, due to expulsion, death, or enslavement of all the others. Surely all of these unpleasant events are not only the Jews’ fault. But what about the logic? Muslims believe that their prophet had reached some state of perfection, so how can these events be his fault? After all, these are Jews—enough said, so traditional Muslim belief seems to go.

https://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/jews.htm

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 09:19 pm
@coldjoint,
BIBLEGOD

A God of Love or a God of Atrocities and Murder?

by mike mcclellan

The Bible's stories of Biblegod's atrocities and massacres abound. They're about Biblegod's anger, and how He deals with people who break His rules. It also about people who didn't break His rules but were standing too close.
The stories relate a clear a sense of God's injustice, lack of mercy and absence of love for mankind.
(After you read these Bible stories. . . you may want to leave the lights on.)

THE PASSOVER - Massacre of Thousands of Innocents

Biblegod speaks: "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn--both men and animals--and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD." (Exodus 12:12)

"At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead." (Exodus 12:29) (Italics mine)

The two paragraphs above are from Exodus 12:12 and 12:29. While they aren't the first references to Biblegod's temper and disposition with regard to killing, they go a long way in telling the story of how Biblegod acted and reacted to situations.

According to the Bible, Pharaoh had subjected the Israelites (God's "chosen") to terrible conditions in Egypt, working them as slaves and giving very little mercy or none to them.

As the story goes, Biblegod instructed His "chosen" to smear the blood of a lamb on their door. Biblegod would then 'passover' that house and not kill the firstborn of the family (including the livestock). As for the rest of Egypt and Egyptian families all the firstborn would die.

Egypt was a country with families. In each family, the age of the firstborn would have varied. There would have been new born infants, toddlers, young children, middle age and older adults as well as the extremely elderly, all qualifying as first born. That's not to mention the cattle, sheep, and other first born livestock the families owned.

Then there were the prisoners in jail. Apparently some of them were firstborn since the Bible mentions them too.

At any rate - all the firstborn were killed. While all life is precious, the death of newborn infants and children is never easy to think of.

The infants, the children and the prisoners had absolutely no way of smearing blood on their doors. The were complete victims to be killed, because of their birth status, by Biblegod who allegedly loves His creation more than anything.

Its difficult to realize the love our caring Biblegod had for mankind after reading of such a violent, horrific act. But read on. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

KILL ALL THE BOYS AND KILL EVERY WOMAN WHO HAS SLEPT WITH A MAN

1 The LORD said to Moses,
2 "Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people."

5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel.

7 They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man.

9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder.

10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps.

11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals,

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp.

14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army--the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds--who returned from the battle.

15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them.

16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people.

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,

18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."
(Numbers 31)

Not much commentary needed here. Biblegod ordered Moses to "take vengeance" on the Midianites. Moses took vengeance with 12,000 + soldiers. The Israelites killed all the men, burned the towns and camps and took all the women and children as prisoners
The soldiers herded the captive women and children back to Moses. General Moses was obviously upset. He ordered all the boys to be killed in addition to any woman who had slept with a man. Apparently that would have included the woman's husband, now deceased.

But General Moses spared the virgin women and female children. They got to live. What happened to them and what purpose they served for the Israelites will have to be left to your imagination. Before it was all over most of them probably wish they had been killed too!!

Wanton wholesale, barbaric slaughter and cold blooded murder of helpless captives - the boys and non virgin women massacred. And we hear Christians tell us today of God's love for us?

And we're far from being through!

MORE SLAUGHTER ORDERED BY BIBLEGOD INCLUDING OLD, YOUNG AND LITTLE CHILDREN

Ezekiel 9: 4-6

And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem....let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women...."

I Samuel 15:2-3
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy [1] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, childrem and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

Biblegod avenges the Israelites by totally destroying them. Why did He decide to destroy the Amalekites? Because when the Israelites were on their way out of Egypt, the Amalekites attacked them. The problem here is that the Amalakites had attacked the Israelites over four centuries prior to the command given to totally destroy them, including their children and suckling infants. Over four centuries before!

In other words, the Amalekites ancestors had attacked the Israelites over four centuries prior to the orders given for their massacre. No one in his right mind can possibly morally justify the murderous actions of the lunatic God the Israelites worshipped, who ordered a massacre over four hundred years after an attack. In addition to which the children, along with the others, were to be killed simply because they were not Israelites.

....DESTROY BOTH THE YOUNG MAN AND THE VIRGIN, THE SUCKLING ALSO...

Here's one more quotation - this time from Deuteronmy 32:25 attesting to the utter lack of morality and murderous nature of Biblegod. In addition, Biblegod makes a statement about remembrance that just isn't true.

"The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs. I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men"**

**We still remember them. You just reminded us.

CHRISTIANS ARE ANTI-ABORTION ???

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."
(Hosea 13:16)

While there is an abundance of violence, warring and killing in the Bible, the verses above. all include infants and children being killed. Young boys are executed as prisoners of war. Biblegod orders children and babies killed Babies are described as being thrown to the ground and pregnant women are "ripped open". The carnage is all done either on direct orders from Biblegod or one of His earthly generals.

As much as fundamentalist Christians talk about Biblegod's love for humanity, most have no problem in explaining the killing of infants and children by this loveable Biblegod. The most common I've heard are, "God is God and He can do anything He wants" and "It doesn't matter that children are killed because God takes them right to heaven". (Incidentally, I've never found that in the Bible.) In addition, some other explanations are that because people have sinned they must pay for their sins. If God chooses to kill infants and babies as punishment, then its OK. After all, He is God isn't he?

Incidentally, although non virgin female prisoners of war were executed just for not being virgins, the young virgin girls were spared to, in all likelihod become slaves and sex object for their captors. Maybe I'm naieve but I've always wondered how the captors determined who was a virgin and who wasn't.

In the past few years, extremists, some of them claiming to be born again fundamentalists, have burned and bombed abortion clinics and shot the clinic's staff. Indeed, some staff and doctors have been murdered by these fanatics in the name of God. Yet the same God they worship has ordered pregnant women "ripped open". their unborn babies sliced to death.

How anyone can be an anti abortionist and, at the same time, claim to be a Bible believing Christian is difficult to understand.

If these events actually happened as the Bible claims, Biblegod is a barabaric, evil, cruel, murdering demon. Actually, though, I rather suspect He is more likely the invention of the Israelite's minds.

Whatever He is, He is the same one the fundamentalist Christians claim as their "God of Love". Could this be the same God who said in Mark 10:15, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

ON DISCIPLINING A STUBBORN, REBELLIOUS SON:

18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him,
19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town.
20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate* and a drunkard."
21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.
*completely given up to dissipation and licentiousness; wildly extravagant.(Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary) (Deuteronomy 21:18-21 NIV)
Well, that's a definite way to handle the problem. Permanently! If your son is stubborn and/or rebellious, just kill him. And this, incidentally, was the law. It was perfectly legal.

We spend millions of dollars on drug and alcohol rehabilitations centers each year because we are, as a nation, so firmly convinced of an individual's worth and importance as a human being. Obviously, Biblegod didn't have the same sentiments. Its also interesting that many of the religious right leaders claim our country is founded on biblical principles. It appears that our drug and alcohol rehab concepts weren't exactly inspired by the Bible! If we followed Biblegod's orders on this subject, there wouldn't be any alcoholics or drug users. At least not for long!

"GO BACK AND FORTH. . . KILLING. . . BROTHER AND FRIEND AND NEIGHBOUR"

Moses, acting for the Lord, gets rid of some problems ...by simply killing them. Not only the problems but also the brothers of the problems, the victim's companions and the victim's neighbors.
25 Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies.
26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said, "Whoever is for the LORD, come to me." And all the Levites rallied to him.
27 Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: `Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.'"
28 The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.
29 Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."
(Exodus 32:25-29 NIV)

Killing and violence is a way of life to Biblegod and his generals and other followers. Of course the bibliolaters respond with "God's ways are not our ways" and "He's God. He can do anything He wants". And that includes not having to follow His own rules. Wholesale killing ordered by Biblegod seems to be the order of the day in the Old Testament

Pat Robertson explains below why Biblegod murders, massacres and exterminates both individuals and entire nations:

"Maybe evil demons helped men write this Bible, creating a false religion to keep man away from god and the real religion.

That would explain a lot...."

William Barwell

COMMENT

The ancient Hebrews. . . in their sacred writings . . . attributed many of the massacres they committed to orders or commands from Yahweh. Probably some of these massacres happened, and no doubt the ancient Hebrews who committed them thought that they were obeying their god Yahweh. Reality, however, is that no god had anything to do with the atrocities committed by ancient, barbaric people. The tragedy is that there are millions of Christians who believe that these massacres happened just as the Bible says, and so they think that God ordered the killing of children and babies. They lean over backwards . . . to try to explain why an all-merciful God would have ordered the killing of children. So the problem is not what ancient people said in the writings they left behind in highly superstitious times; the problem is the people in our enlightened times who are still so shackled to superstition that they believe the ancient ones were writing inerrant truths. Farrell Till (in March 9, 1999, email to [email protected])

(From A Skeptic's View Of Christianity by Joseph Alward.

We have no reason to believe that there is a God of any kind whatsoever and if there is It certainly is not loving or caring, allowing as It does, all manner of pain and suffering in the world all of which, if It is truely almighty It could easily stop.

Theism, whether at its best( Judaism ) or at its worst ( Islam ) has an inherent tendency to promote division and hate between people and deserves to meet the same fate as its soulmates Naziism and Communism

~Paul Butler~

Christians! Here are a few short God inspired Bible passages to read to your kids at bedtime. Being from the Word Of God, what a wonderful time impress them upon a child's mind - just before he/she goes to sleep!
"If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father or mother, then his father and mother shall seize him and bring him out to the elders of the city...then all the men of the city shall stone him to death." Deut 21:18

"If anyone secretly entices you--even if it is your brother, your father's son or your mother's son, or your own son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your most intimate friend-- saying, "Let us go worship other gods" you must not yield to or heed any such persons. Show them no pity or compassion and do not shield them. But you shall surely KILL them; your own hand shall be first against them to execute them, and then the hand of all the people. Stone them to death for trying to turn you away from the Lord your God." Deut 13:6-10

"A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!" Jer 48:10

"I will strew your flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will drench the land even to the mountains with your flowing blood..." Ez 32/ 5,6

"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you." Ez 5/ 10,17

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces..." Mal 2/ 3

"Pass through the city after him, and smite; your eye shall not spare and you shall show no pity; slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women..." Ez 9 / 5,6

"I gave them statutes that were not good and ordinances by which they could not have life; and I defiled them through their very gifts in making them offer by fire all their first born, that I might horrify them; that they might know that I am the Lord. Ezekiel 20: 25-26

"...I will raise up evil against you out of your own house; I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the light of this sun." 2 Sam 12/ 11

"Samar'ia shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open." Hos 13/ 16

God, speaking of His people, Israel: "I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs; I will tear open their breast, and there I will devour them like a lion, as a wild beast would rend them." Hos 13:8

The same God watches over you while you sleep! Sweet dreams, kids! Goodbye. Goodnight.

The following information was taken (cut and pasted) from http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5195/victims.html on December 16, 2002. Sometimes pages disappear and the information on this website is far too valuable to loose.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 09:24 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
A God of Love or a God of Atrocities and Murder?

That is real nice. Now tell me how that changes what Islam says.? Because it does not.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 09:32 pm
@coldjoint,
Cherry picking verse from either works of Literature prove both religions has its strengths and its weakness.

Both have brutality. Both have love.

Only idiots choose violence.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 09:39 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Cherry picking verse from either works of Literature prove both religions has its strengths and its weakness.

No, what it proves is Islam is still killing to advance Islam and has no intention of stopping. It's own literature says it cannot until Sharia rules the world. Like it or not there are a lot of Muslims who believe this. And Islam should be confronted on the world stage.
Quote:
Only idiots choose violence.

You are calling Muhammad an idiot.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 09:49 pm
@coldjoint,
And Mormans do not force children into marriage? Branch Davidians? "George Roden challenged Howell to raise the dead, going so far as to exhume a corpse to demonstrate his spiritual supremacy."

Like it or not, there's still a lot Christians who believe this.

It's ALL idiocy. And you fall for it. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 10:19 pm
@neptuneblue,
The thing us, the world does not suffer from a widespread epidemic of Xtians who murder their daughters if they go on a date with a boy, who murder anyone who they even suspect of insulting their religion, and who murder any adherent of their religion who tries to convert to a new religion.

There also no widespread epidemic of Xtians who punish little girls for learning to read by pouring strong acid on their faces, who want to conquer the entire world and commit genocide against adherents of all other religions, and who routinely murder large numbers of innocent people to try to achieve those goals.

There is a sizable number of Muslims who try to do all of the above. If we limit it to the first three, it is an even larger number.
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 10:24 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Israel will never know the peace it claims to want given that scenario.
Israel is only required to give up land in exchange for peace. Your refusal to make peace with Israel confines the future Palestinian state to Area A alone.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 10:36 pm
Look at this.
Quote:
Most Muslims Believe there is Only One Islam

67% (736.3 million) of Muslims surveyed believe that there is only one true interpretation of Islam's teachings. Disagreements over the interpretation of Islam have sometimes resulted in deadly violence, mostly between Sunnis and Shias. However, the acceptance of Shias by Sunni Muslims varies considerably between countries. Though most Muslims are certain about the true interpretation of Islam, they are divided over how far to stretch the boundaries of Islam.

Devout Muslims--those who say their lives reflect the hadith and the sunna to a considerable degree--comprise 41% (369.7 million) of the survey population. [4] Statistically, they are more likely to say that (1) sharia is the revealed word of Allah, (2) that Islam and sharia have only one interpretation, (3) that proselytizing is a religious duty, and (4) that sharia should be the official law of their country.[5]

That is a lot of Muslims.
http://www.aina.org/news/20180621094054.htm
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 05:52 am
@oralloy,
The thing is, side sweeping atrocities from Christianity is no better.

I've read your posts and some of it I agree with and some I don't. You're acting like some treaty from 1947 is going to cure an issue that has plagued the area for thousands of years. It's not going to ever be "solved."

Forcing people out of their house that they've lived in for generations just because they're the "wrong" religion is wrong. This will always result in fighting to the death on both sides.

livinglava

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 07:31 am
@coldjoint,
I can't find the exact quote online, but I recall once hearing that there was a Papal encyclical that mentioned the phrase, 'the perverted Jews,' which was taken to be anti-Jewish, and I myself assumed it meant to deem all Jewish people perverted because of the fact of being Jewish, but in retrospect, I realize it could also mean that some Jews are perverted while others stay true to the course, so to speak.

So have you considered that Islam might not be against Jews in general, but only perverted/false Jewish faith? From what I've read of the Quran, it expresses a lot of concern with the faking of faith for material gain, etc. I find it quite obvious that if someone is Jewish and truly faithful to God, no true Muslim could seek anything but peace with them.

I think Islam just scares people because we are a little bit agnostic or half-hearted when it comes to fully giving ourselves to God, and Islam doesn't validate that at all. Islam says you have this all-loving, all-merciful, all-forgiving God so what reason do you have to reject Him? They are saying that those who reject God are complicit with evil and there is no pass for that, in the here and now or the hereafter.

That is a valid theological idea, since the New Testament also says, "the wages of sin are death." i.e. there is accountability for evil. This is what terrifies all the unrepentant sinners about religion and why Islam is demonized. There is no reason to confuse this belief with anti-Jewish-, anti-Christian-, or any other bias, because such biases are obviously not holy.
livinglava

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 07:42 am
@oralloy,
When religious people commit violence, you have to ask yourself whether they are achieving highest submission to God's will or whether they are falling to temptation. Christianity talks about forgiveness and Islam in terms of mercy, so if people attained these highest values there would be no violence whatsoever on their part.

But what you have to realize is that not everyone achieves the ideals of non-violence, whether they are practicing believers or not; so there is violence in the world and violence tempts violence. So when people fall to that temptation of violence, it is what it is. You can't blame it on their religion or other cultural beliefs, because they could hold the exact same beliefs and resist violence by practicing forgiveness and mercy.

The only way you can say that culture leads to violence is when it actively rejects mercy and forgiveness as ideals. There is plenty of secular culture, for example, that scoffs at religious ideals of forgiveness and mercy.

But also note that believing in forgiveness and mercy as ideals doesn't mean that they are guaranteed in all situations. You can't use religion as some kind of absolute security against sin and violence in the world, because those things are there as part of the imperfect nature of the world. Forgiveness and mercy are just small graces that deliver us from evil in some situations, when we're blessed. In other situations, deliverance doesn't come and it is hard to accept, but it is just the way things work. If deliverance was all the time, there would be nothing to be delivered from because there would be no suffering to begin with.

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 08:04 am
@livinglava,
Whatever the reason is, there are a lot of Muslims massacring innocent people and that's a problem.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 08:05 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
The thing is, side sweeping atrocities from Christianity is no better.
I am unaware of large numbers of Xtians murdering their daughters for going on a date.

I am unaware of large numbers of Xtians murdering people because of a rumor that they insulted Xtianity.

I am unaware of large numbers of Xtians murdering people who depart Xtianity for a different faith.

I am unaware of large numbers of Xtians pouring strong acid on little girls' faces to punish them for learning to read.

I am unaware of large numbers of Xtians trying to conquer the world and commit genocide against all other faiths.

I am unaware of large numbers of Xtians massacring large numbers of civilians in an effort to further the above goals.

neptuneblue wrote:
You're acting like some treaty from 1947 is going to cure an issue that has plagued the area for thousands of years. It's not going to ever be "solved."
I don't know about any treaty. The problem has been solved by walling off the Palestinians and bombing them into submission.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 09:18 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
That is a valid theological idea, since the New Testament also says, "the wages of sin are death." i.e. there is accountability for evil. This is what terrifies all the unrepentant sinners about religion and why Islam is demonized.

That is not why Islam is demonized. What Christianity says about sinners has nothing to do with Islam. The hate of anything but Islam is in all of their literature. We have seen Islamic jihad kill 270 million people and counting. And that historically based figure is on the low side. You need to do some reading of Islam itself, not listen to apologists.
livinglava

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 10:39 am
@coldjoint,
What I'm trying to explain is that Islam is not something that is categorically separate from Christianity or Judaism or any other religion. The word, 'Islam,' means submission to God, and 'sharia' means God's law or divine law. Any Christian or Jew who fully submits or devotes themselves to God, then, is respected by Islam, but where we fail, we are subject to 'the wages of sin.'

What is your opinion of apostasy and other instances where people claim religion but actually aren't truly devoted? Do you think it is wrong of Islam to call that out and view it as something doomed? I think it is an astute observation that in a world of sin where forgiveness and mercy are freely available to all, some people still choose the path of evil and unforgiveness and merciless cruelty, and what they sow is what they reap. Do you think that Islam should deny that to make unrepentant sinners more comfortable? Should Christianity and Judaism do the same?
coldjoint

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:51 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Any Christian or Jew who fully submits or devotes themselves to God, then, is respected by Islam

They are not respected they are subjugated. They are dhimmis.
Quote:
“Kufr and Islam are opposed to each other. The progress of one is possible only at the expense of the other and co-existences between these two contradictory faiths is unthinkable.

The honor of Islam lies in insulting kufr and kafirs. One who respects kafirs, dishonors the Muslims.

The real purpose in levying jizya on them is to humiliate them to such an extent that, on account of fear of jizya, they may not be able to dress well and to live in grandeur. They should constantly remain terrified and trembling.

You have no idea what Islam and their scholars actually says, do you?
http://islamicsupremacism.com/Islamic_Supremacism/A_Classic_Jurist_From_Each_of_the_5_Schools.html
livinglava

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 09:22 am
@coldjoint,
There are also people who justify all sorts of violence in the name of Jesus, etc. It doesn't mean that violence is part of Christianity. Like I said in my last post, you have to understand apostasy. When people reject religion but retain the view that they are devoted to it, religious dogmas get perverted to serve unholy secular ends. No religion is immune from this because it is in the nature of language to be twist-able in different directions to convey different meanings.

Jihad is spiritual warfare first and foremost. I.e. it is about fighting sin within yourself. However, as you struggle against sin within, you also find yourself in a world of sin and temptation. In Christianity, there is Armageddon, the war between good and evil, which has the same basic premise as Jihad. Jesus says to pull the thorn out of your own eye when you see sin in others, but of course it is a temptation to become consumed with sin outside yourself and react to the temptation to attack it. That is not something that is specific to Islam. You will find instances throughout the Christian/Jewish/secular world where people react to injustice with violence. It happens all the time with varying degrees of severity.