maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:41 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Matt Viser
@mviser
·
2h
Joe Biden on President Trump’s rising approval rating numbers: "Well, I hope that he does -- he's so strong that he's up way above that, because we need the help now. We need help now."

Joe Biden is wishing that President Trump does a good job handling this CV situation.

Why is that bad?

I hate Trump and even I hope he does a good job handling this situation.

Do you hope that he does a bad job?
Lash

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:42 pm
@revelette3,
Cuomo is a goofball, but compared to most politicians, not quite as bad. He’s a bit of a grandstander.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:43 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

We're fucked.

LOL!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:47 pm
@maporsche,
“He’s so strong”? Biden approves of the job trump us don get? Is Biden a secret trumpie? He does live some racist republicans-since he IS a racist Republican.

Does he still want a Republican for a running mate?

No wonder you love him.
Brand X

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:56 pm
@maporsche,
If it were just that with Joe I wouldn't have said that. We're fucked with Trump too. I just wish I could have more confidence in Joe, just saying I know he'll be better than Trump still feels like an empty thought sometimes.

Of course he should be supportive of CV efforts, but can't he speak better than that?
maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:56 pm
@Lash,
Headline: Joe Biden stumbles over words

World: No Way!!! Joe??? Never... We're shocked! He's never done that before..
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 02:57 pm
@Brand X,
Is there a video? Is there more context that a partial tweet?
maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 03:01 pm
@maporsche,
Here's a video.

Joe Biden is fine and he'll make a wonderful president.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1242890651693441027
maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 03:19 pm
I'll tell you one thing though...Bernie Sanders is OBVIOUSLY suffering mentally right now. It's really tragic that his staff and supporters are letting him trot out like this and embarass himself. It should be criminal.

He is obviously suffering from delusional fantasies. It seems like he still thinks he has a snowballs chance in hell of winning the primaries and he simply does not. People should stop feeding into these delusional fantasies of a poor old man.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 03:21 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Joe Biden is fine and he'll make a wonderful president

Biden is senile. Someone will step in to replace him before the election.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 03:25 pm
@georgeob1,
This article kinda speaks to the question you raised, George, to wit:

Quote:
It's hard to understand...the ongoing effort of Pelosi & company to "avoid wasting this crisis" and delay much needed emergency legislation to squeeze some irrelevant elements of their Green New Deal into a serious and urgently needed effort to address the most serious combined public health and economic dilemma we have faced in many decades

How...can the Democrat establishment believe that more of the same visceral hatred and opposition will do them any good?

Quote:
Obama, Biden veterans slam Pelosi's coronavirus bill: 'Have we learned nothing?'

It’s not just Republicans who are mocking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s massive stimulus bill that was proposed Monday evening.

Some former Obama administration officials have expressed incredulity about the bill and, in particular, over the non-pandemic related provisions that were included in the “Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act.”

“Have we learned nothing?” Jared Bernstein, who worked on the Recovery Act as chief economist to former Vice President Joe Biden in the Obama White House, said during an interview with Politico. Bernstein’s comment refers to the drubbing Democrats took in 2009 after the passage of the stimulus bill in response to the recession.

The bill originally included a laundry list of items that Democrats wanted that had little to do with helping the country’s economy recover -- from putting sod on the National Mall to preventing sexually transmitted diseases -- and some former Obama staffers say that the House’s current bill looks surprisingly similar in terms of demands and spending.

“Skimming it, I was struck by: ‘What does all this s--- have to do with anything?’” an unnamed Obama White House veteran said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-biden-veterans-slam-pelosis-coronavirus-bill-have-we-learned-nothing[/quote]

*Some* democrats may have wised up a bit, but with respect to Pelosi and the democrat house gang, i.e., the party at large, the answer seems clear:

Naw, they aint learned ****, and aint gunna. The hate and desire for control is just too strong. They didn't even learn anything from the republicans' mistake when they impeached Clinton.
layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 03:38 pm
@layman,
They even play political games with themselves. It starts off with "We MUST impeach immediately, the survival of the country is at stake!"

Next thing you know, Pelosi holds up the whole process for weeks in an attempt to tell the Senate what to do.

After acting so rashly, they realized that they didn't have any evidence, so they tried to demand that the Senate go out and get it for them.

The self-contradiction, hypocrisy, and arrogance (not to even mention the buffoonery of it all) is staggering, and voters notice.

hightor

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 03:58 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I hate Trump and even I hope he does a good job handling this situation.

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make earlier. At a time like this, attacking the president (who is the elected leader of the USA) and making him look stupid and ineffective might score political points with the most militant elements of your base but, guys, it's just not cricket. People will rally to the defense of their leader; that's how people are. The better tactic is to simply let Trump reveal how stupid, unfocused, and ineffective he is and then calmly and rationally describe how you would handle the situation better.

And it could have been handled better — Max Brooks explains exactly how it could have — should have — been done. I really urge you to listen to at least some of the interview.

Quote:
Author Max Brooks became an expert on disaster preparedness — from pandemics to nuclear war — through researching for his books, 'World War Z,' 'Germ Warfare' and the forthcoming 'Devolution.' He spoke with Terry Gross about how the federal government is designed to respond to crises like COVID-19 — and what is preventing the tasks forces from being deployed. He'll also explain why "panic is not preparation," and how to have good "fact-hygiene."
layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 04:06 pm
@layman,
Pelosi, smugly gloating and handing out souvenir pens for the "historic occasion."

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTVNPLj0ZS-snnfIxm59nxJd00kojbDGNzorGjW4PfB_-7k-zt0

Yet another self-humiliating spectacle:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRgT_ipxi9uhn10zy2DYC6W9ar0qA-nmP5my9iVaeqdz5zNSJp8

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz6_IOMk8j01F2tgYBwskxghxkJV_ti9HePfTV-27eqk0SQJZF

They asked Tail-gunner Joe: "Sir, have you no shame!?"

They should be asking Pelosi that.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 04:55 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
how the federal government is designed to respond to crises like COVID-19 —

That design would be in the Constitution. This must be his interpretation.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 05:55 pm
Burnie's "leadership" in this crisis at work, eh? What was thought to be a "drafting error" is no such thing. It was Burnie's deliberate intention. As it stands, the bill pays people NOT to work. They will make more if they don't. Unemployment could rise sky high if this disincentive to return to work remains uncorrected. What's Burnie's response?

Quote:
Coronavirus bill hits hurdles as Sanders threatens to stall package

Bernie Sanders said Wednesday afternoon he might torpedo the Senate's compromise stimulus package unless Republican senators dropped their objections about what they called a "massive drafting error" related to unemployment benefits.

"Unless these Republican Senators drop their objections, I am prepared to put a hold on this bill."

An objection by a single senator would prevent the Senate from quickly passing the bill by unanimous consent

The concern from Sens. Lindsey Graham, Tim Scott, R-S.C., Ben Sasse, R-Neb., and Rick Scott, R-Fla., is that the current version of the bill could pay workers more in unemployment benefits than they're currently making, by sticking a $600 per week payment on top of ordinary benefits that are calculated as a percentage of income. This could disrupt the labor market further, the lawmakers warn.

Graham shot back at Sanders' latest warning in a series of posts on Twitter. "Only in Senator @BernieSanders world does it make sense to pay people more NOT to work than TO work," Graham wrote. "

"This proposal will make it hard for our employers to maintain their workforce, particularly in the area of healthcare, thus, significantly delaying the economic recovery and impairing our health and safety," Graham said. "Simple Fix: Cap unemployment benefits at full salary before the crisis."

"You want to destroy what's left of the economy? Pass it the way it’s written," Graham, R-S.C., said in a press conference. "If you want to help people, pay them their wages, but don’t pay them more not to work.

Yeah, Burnie, the hard-core commie, has always wanted to destroy what's left of the economy. He wants to replace capitalism with commieism.

So what if many people have to die for communism to be implemented? They always do, by the tens of millions, before, and (especially) after the "revolution." That's just part of the price of heaven on earth, the commies figure, eh?

The Burnie Bros must be proud.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:25 pm
Will China EVER stop generating new strains of deadly virus?

Quote:
Hantavirus kills man in coronavirus-hit China

A man in China who died on Monday reportedly tested positive for hantavirus. The man, from Yunnan Province, was in transit to Shandong Province for work at the time of his death, according to the news out The rat-borne illness is typically passed to patients when they breathe in air contaminated with the virus through rodent droppings

Rat ****, eh? Best evacuate Baltimore right now.

In china I think they spell "rat" as "dinner."

layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:42 pm
@layman,
The dogs in that vid are next.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 06:50 pm
@layman,
More on the rat **** disease:

Quote:
Symptoms of the disease include fatigue, fever, and muscle aches, as well as headaches, dizziness, chills and abdominal pains. Late symptoms may include coughing and shortness of breath, and the disease has about a 38 percent fatality rate. Several of the symptoms mimic the signs for COVID-19, which has infected over 81,600 people in China, resulting in 3,285 deaths.

It’s also possible to contract the virus through a bite from an infected rodent, or if people touch something that has been contaminated with rodent urine, droppings or saliva and then touch their own nose or mouth. It may also be possible to contract the virus by eating food contaminated by an infected rodent’s droppings, urine or saliva, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

I never really planned to visit china, but thought I would go if I could find some hot little chinese babe on the internet who was willing to pay all my expenses over there and back so that we could have a "good time."

Not no more. They are plenty of other countries in the world with hot babes. Places where the people don't eat rats, know what I'm sayin?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 07:05 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
I'd love to see the Dems rally around him and maybe even tossing in the Illinois Governor Pritzker as running mate.

Most of the recent Illinois Governors go to jail, sooner or later.