layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 07:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Yeah, that fat-ass Pritzker perv reminds me of Spiro Agnew, ya know?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 07:22 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Yeah, that fat-ass Pritzker perv reminds me of Spiro Agnew, ya know?

Did Agnew have trouble with taxes? Pritzker had toilets removed from a residence to avoid taxes. That is what was claimed by his opponent.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 07:32 pm
@layman,
So, then, I got to thinkin I should do some research on rat-eaters. Now the Limeys are off my list, too
Quote:
British TV presenter Stefan Gates has travelled around the world meeting people with very unusual sources of food.

Gates says these rats are a special treat, since they are more expensive than chicken or vegetables. And what did it taste like?

“It was the most delicious meat I ever had in my life,” he says. Gates recalls the meat was stewed with tomatoes, and he describes it as being “a bit like pork, but very tender, like slowly cooked pork shoulder. Extraordinarily tender, gentle and delicious, the stew was “very succulent, juicy and with a lovely layer of fat that has melted down beautifully”.

According to Gates, these small rats were very tender and tasted much like a small chicken or quail. The only unpleasant aspect was the smell of burning hair – to avoid wasting any bit of skin or meat from the tiny animal it is grilled whole, to burn off its hair. And this produced a “horrible, horrible smell”, says Gates, and “a bitter sensation on the outside of the skin”. But it was all good inside. “The meat and skin inside the rat was absolutely delicious,” he said.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20151207-the-countries-where-rats-are-on-the-menu

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/wwfeatures/live/1600_900/images/live/p0/3b/9j/p03b9j77.jpg

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/wwfeatures/live/1280_720/images/live/p0/3b/9j/p03b9j4q.jpg
layman

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 07:49 pm
@layman,
Quote:
5 ways you know you’re eating rat meat

On Thursday, China’s Ministry of Public Security announced that the police had arrested 63 traders accused of buying rat, fox, and mink meat and then selling the meat as mutton. Apparently, the crime ring had been mixing the meat with gelatin, red dye, and nitrates before selling it in Shanghai and neighboring Jiangsu province.

1. It smells like rat. Rats secrete an oil onto their skin that gives them their distinct "rodenty" odor.

2. It tastes like rat. The oil rats secrete gives them a distinctive taste as well. Ginn describes it as quite pungent and gamey

3. It tastes delicious when brushed with a moonshine glaze and barbecued. Of all the ways Ginn has eaten rat, this is her favorite preparation. So, if you happen to be savoring a moonshine-BBQ dish, or think there is something slightly "rodenty" about the gamey and delicious jerky you are consuming, you might want to check the ingredients.

4. It looks like lamb. When it’s raw, pinkish/red rat looks very much like lamb. Unfortunately for the Chinese, when ground, rat can look a lot like any generic ground meat.

5. You’re in Asia. According to Ginn, rats are most commonly eaten in Asia because of the rice crop

https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/05/03/5-ways-you-know-youre-eating-rat-meat/

Should be first, really but:

6. You're eating at a chinese restaurant.

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 08:38 pm
Oh man, I didn't reply fast enough to Lash getting fooled by a fake Bernie Sanders tweet, that can be found here.

https://twitter.com/michael_david41/status/1242958181518594048/photo/1

She was so proud of Bernie for saying this....but she must have found out she was hoodwinked. Bernie has been hoodwinking a lot of his followers so I'm not surprised.
Lash

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 09:02 pm
@maporsche,
Yeah, Bernie faked his own quote...
One of our knucklehead friends did it.

You’re a little obsessed with me, hisporsche. I’m just driving you crazy, aren’t I? Do you dream about me, too? I’m just running around in your head all the time.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden has some serious charges to answer to—and so does the MSM and the DNC.
——————————
ExPat Jeff🌹 Retweeted

Nathan J Robinson
@NathanJRobinson
·
9h
I would like every single Biden supporter and endorser to clarify for me whether their position is that Tara Reade is a brazen liar who cries on cue, or that Joe Biden's sexual attack on her is tolerable and not completely and utterly disqualifying. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 09:27 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

She was so proud of Bernie for saying this....but she must have found out she was hoodwinked.

That’s the endearing thing about her Bernie worship. Doesn’t matter to her whether it’s true or not. Did he or didn’t he march with MLK? Doesn’t matter.

Does it add to the legend of Bernie? Now you’re talking turkey.
Lash

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 09:29 pm
@snood,
Why do you hate a man who works so hard to lift up other people?
snood

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 09:38 pm
@Lash,
I hate people trying to make him into something he isn’t. Like a viable candidate for the democratic nomination. Or the equal of Dr King.
Lash

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 09:55 pm
@snood,
He’s continuing King’s work. That’s not to be ignored or criticized by anyone who respected King’s work.

You talk like you have no respect for Bernie.

The nomination is not decided.
snood

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 10:03 pm
@Lash,
He ******* lost.

I could respect him accepting that.
Lash

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 10:05 pm
@snood,
It’s not over til it’s over.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2020 10:19 pm
It's over, and Sanders lost. Someone should explain that to him.
Lash

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 04:50 am
@Setanta,
If it’s over, what are you talking about?
You guys are so needy.
Bernie Sanders is in the race. Period. Deal with it.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:08 am
@layman,
2 much fun here. Sign me up
layman

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:11 am
@Leadfoot,
Hey, Leddy! Zup, homey?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:21 am
@Setanta,
Watching the delusion overtake Sanders’ addled brain is a hard thing to watch.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:26 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If it’s over, what are you talking about?
You guys are so needy.
Bernie Sanders is in the race. Period. Deal with it.

Bernie Sanders is the needy one - needy of the attention and limelight.
... and you and his Bernouts blithely give it to him - hell take the hindmost.

Bernie is done, and you and his 30% are too ignorant or too stupid to see it.
Deal with that.
Lash

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:28 am

Elizabeth Bruenig
@ebruenig
·
10h
Economy is in free fall, we're facing an enormous disaster that demands unprecedented mobilization and solidarity, and people are terrified of what's going to happen next. If only there were an FDR-like candidate whose entire platform is suited for this very circumstance
0 Replies

layman

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2020 05:30 am
Yeah, and he graduated first in his class, too, remember?

Quote:
Biden claimed he 'became a professor' after leaving Senate

Former Vice President Joe Biden appeared to make some factual errors during a virtual roundtable on Wednesday regarding his claim that he "became a professor" after leaving the Senate.

"When I left the United States Senate, I became a professor at the University of Pennsylvania," Biden said. "And I've spent a lot of time -- and the University of Delaware has the Biden School as well, so I've spent a lot of time on campus .with college students."

Biden similarly claimed he "became a teacher" on the campaign trail back in February although he didn't specifically say where he taught.

Kate Bedingfield, a spokesperson for Biden at the time who now serves as his deputy campaign manager, told the paper, "He will not be teaching classes.”

Keep 'em comin, Joey!