georgeob1

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:46 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

…. this report will be (or "is" say the folks who haven't read a single sentence of it) 100% exculpatory.

When a Prosecutor investigates a matter for potential crime, and concludes that no evidence of a crime exists, affirming that no additional charges will be forthcoming, one can properly say that the target of the investigation (in this case the Trump campaign) has been exculpated.

We will soon enough have a good deal more evidence emerging from the much anticipated Mueller report.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 02:00 pm
Quote:
Angelo Carusone
‏Verified account
@GoAngelo
Watching Fox News personalities right now gush about how Mueller conducted his investigation "with the utmost integrity" is quite surreal. For 2 years, they've done nothing but attack the entire thing.
Indeed.
Brand X

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 02:02 pm
Ironic Mueller was involved in this generations version of WMD debacle(Russiagate) and the fact that he was involved in selling the lie of WMD's back then.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 03:10 pm
@ggreenwald

'As @mtaibbi says, this is - by far - the worst media humiliation since 2002. The lead anchor of MSNBC - the most influential liberal TV host - devoted her(Maddow) entire being to a fake conspiracy theory for 2 1/2 years, misleading millions. There will be no consequences for the media'
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 03:12 pm
@ggreenwald

'Rachel Maddow makes *$10 million a year.* Every month, more money is put into her bank account by a major corporation than most people make in a lifetime, literally. She went on the air for 2 straight years & fed millions of people conspiratorial garbage & benefited greatly.'
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 03:24 pm
Meanwhile, Lush Lamebrain earns on the order of $80,000,000+ per year, while feeding conservative sheeple right-wing swill.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 03:31 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Angelo Carusone
‏Verified account
@GoAngelo
Watching Fox News personalities right now gush about how Mueller conducted his investigation "with the utmost integrity" is quite surreal. For 2 years, they've done nothing but attack the entire thing.
Indeed.

I watched most(but not all) of the Fox reporting in the first hour after AG Barr's summary was made public. I heard no one describe the Mueller investigation as one conducted "with the utmost integrity". Perhaps you can provide some confirmation of the quoted assertion you pasted here.

On the contrary, I heard several pointed criticisms from Giuliani and others regarding unethical efforts to intimidate potential witnesses and to extort their validation of prefabricated statements, etc. Further there was some severe criticism of Mueller's gratuitous statement that though there was no evidence of obstruction of justice, the investigation does not constitute a vindication on that point. The legal fact is this is a call Mueller is not authorized to make. His duty was to either establish the presence or absence of probable cause: that's it.

Your evident unwillingness to accept the outcome here, after all your persistent invective and propaganda on the matter doesn't speak well for your integrity.
blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 03:38 pm
A fellow just brought over some wood from the chutes of a prairie grain elevator. From what I can discern (I've never been in a grain elevator) these chutes descended from storage bins up high down carrying the wheat through the chutes and finally into boxcars. Trillions of grains passing over this wood for god knows how many decades has carved out the most beautiful patterns, etching the softer parts and leaving the harder parts more intact. He wants me to do something with the boards. This will be a fun challenge.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 03:44 pm
@revelette1,

Give them an order to stand down those investigations and start investigating prominent leftists.

If they refuse, fire them.

Problem solved.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 03:52 pm
Re Mueller report, the first key point is that while Giuliani, Trump and right wing world are yelling, "totally exonerated" Barr quotes Mueller saying that is not so. They are lying. A critical point being made is that Barr's short statement is not the report and given that Barr was appointed by Trump after Barr wrote in defense of Trump, we have to consider the possibility that there could be differences of significance. Thus one reason to demand the entire report (less any valid legal or security redactions).

Not my area of expertise so I'll leave it there. Edit: one point... why did all the central figures lie earlier, including Sessions of course.

But we will now see a massive campaign to terminate any other investigations ("He was totally exonerated!", "It was a witch hunt all along and now that's proved"). And as 2020 approaches, any and all criticism or legal jeopardy arising will be described as an attempt to "remove Trump illegally". That's par for the course for these fuckheads. But there's a very worrisome aspect here is that Trump, if he loses the election, will behave in such a manner as to foment a real crisis. I have no confidence he won't do that. And if he knows or thinks it highly likely that losing office will place him in jeopardy of jail or some serious reduction in his empire, then the chances of him behaving that way increase. He is, after all, a sociopath.
Lash

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:00 pm
The
@BernieSanders
crowds keep getting bigger. This is a significant political development. He is generating the sort of enthusiasm—in a key state: California—that is usually seen on the eve of a major primary. If Sanders sustains this energy, it changes every 2020 calculation.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2ZBBVqX0AI6sB9?format=jpg&name=medium
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:01 pm
Bernie in SF
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2ZBBVqWoAE7rXW?format=jpg&name=900x900
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:03 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2ZBBVpXQAA3bRc?format=jpg&name=900x900
blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:12 pm
@Lash,
That's the way to do it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:13 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
while feeding conservative sheeple right-wing swill.

The violent sheeple are on the Left, and everyone feeds them.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:15 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Your evident unwillingness to accept the outcome here, after all your persistent invective and propaganda on the matter doesn't speak well for your integrity.

I think his integrity has already been proven not to exist. By him, himself.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:35 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2Zd6weVAAEp8No?format=jpg&name=large
A big day for the Bern in Cali.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 06:46 pm
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/01/23/43/17119461/5/gallery_medium.jpg
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 07:02 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Re Mueller report, the first key point is that while Giuliani, Trump and right wing world are yelling, "totally exonerated" Barr quotes Mueller saying that is not so. They are lying. A critical point being made is that Barr's short statement is not the report and given that Barr was appointed by Trump after Barr wrote in defense of Trump, we have to consider the possibility that there could be differences of significance. Thus one reason to demand the entire report (less any valid legal or security redactions).
….
He is, after all, a sociopath.

Mueller was charged with investigating the Russian collusion charges. On that his finding is clear. On the unrelated question of obstruction of justice, Mueller reported that no evidence supporting that had been found and added the gratuitous (and unnecessary) addition that this statement of his does not vindicate Trump on that Matter.AG Barr provided that statement, as his office charges him to do. (Just how a President could obstruct justice in a matter involving himself and which he by Mueller's own statement did nothing to impede is a question for philosophers to ponder.

Do you really know that Trump "is a sociopath"? How did you discover that? Or are you merely making this **** up as you go?
coldjoint

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 07:10 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Do you really know that Trump "is a sociopath"?

Of course he does not know. I have asked him for proof and explained he would need to be evaluated in person by a qualified doctor. I know he has me on ignore, but he enjoys wishing people dead and he revels in name calling. No facts are necessary for him. And his word has been proven useless. So, consider the source.
0 Replies