coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2019 07:04 pm
@Lash,
Bernie is trusting the wrong people. Aligning with Islam is not good. He has to know that, unless he is that ignorant, which is also hard to believe. PC with Islam does nothing but cause more deaths. If he is he should never be president and this, thank God, is his last try.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2019 07:17 pm
It is really quite simple.

If Bernie Sanders wins the nomination, then we all get behind him.
If it's Harris, then we all support the hell out of her.
If it's Beto or anyone else, we drop our stupid juvenile grudges and get behind that person.

Before that, we do not go into attack mode on each other.

We must get the Republicans out of power. We must win the WH. We must keep the House and get a majority in the Senate. If the first fails, America is fucked. If we lose the House or if we don't win the Senate, then it doesn't matter who sits in the WH because he or she will be blocked in every progressive goal and plan advanced.
blatham

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2019 07:20 pm
Quote:
Ayal Feinberg, Regina Branton, and Valerie Martinez-Ebers report their research showing that counties that hosted a Trump rally in 2016 showed a tripling of reported hate crimes in subsequent months compared to comparable counties that Trump didn’t visit.
WP
coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2019 07:24 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
comparable counties that Trump didn’t visit.

Trump supporters are not violent. The Left uses violence. So it is bullshit. Period.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2019 07:36 pm
If we see a candidate launch a policy plan we support, let's acknowledge it here.
Quote:
Kamala Harris to announce plan to boost teacher salaries
The California senator's call to raise pay comes at a time when record numbers of teachers have gone on strike to improve their condition.
TP

Excellent proposal. Long past due.
blatham

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2019 07:41 pm
Ed Kilgore, Jon Chait and Benjamin Hart (of NYMag) discuss their first reactions to the completion of the Mueller report. LINK
coldjoint

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2019 07:43 pm
@blatham,

Quote:
Excellent proposal. Long past due.

Then cut their pensions down they are bankrupting states. Like the other unions the government employs.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:00 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It is really quite simple.

If Bernie Sanders wins the nomination, then we all get behind him.
If it's Harris, then we all support the hell out of her.
If it's Beto or anyone else, we drop our stupid juvenile grudges and get behind that person.

Before that, we do not go into attack mode on each other.

We must get the Republicans out of power. We must win the WH. We must keep the House and get a majority in the Senate. If the first fails, America is fucked. If we lose the House or if we don't win the Senate, then it doesn't matter who sits in the WH because he or she will be blocked in every progressive goal and plan advanced.

Eight or so uses inappropriate uses of the word, "we" here. You are a Canadian, You aren't one of us. You cannot vote here and you are not subject to any of the policies of the United States government. What is the source of this continuing delusion on your part?

Beyond that you call for a degree of party loyalty that is reminiscent of Lenin. In any event I doubt that it will occur. The Democrats appear now to be marching off swiftly in all directions.
hightor

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:17 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Eight or so uses inappropriate uses of the word, "we" here.

Oh I don't think it's all that "inappropriate" to identify with liberal democrats worldwide if you're center/left — or with right-wing populists if you're cheering for them. There were expressions of support for Brexit from populists in the USA who rather triumphantly bragged how "we really showed them!" Cosmopolitanism may be under attack from some quarters but it's not dead and political actions in other countries can have big effects on your own. A global perspective is more realistic than just donning blinders and pretending you live in a plastic tower.
revelette1

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:29 am
@blatham,
Mueller's end shifts focus to New York prosecutors
coldjoint

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:49 am
@revelette1,
Quote:

Stalin's secret service masquerading as Democrats and prosecutors.. We have the man, now we will invent the crime. Completely un-American but that is who they are. 0 regard for the system that elected our president.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:42 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Eight or so uses inappropriate uses of the word, "we" here. You are a Canadian, You aren't one of us. You cannot vote here and you are not subject to any of the policies of the United States government. What is the source of this continuing delusion on your part?
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. By "we" I meant:

1) my two American wives and their families and my daughter with American citizenship and myself not to mention the many thousands of dollars my last wife and I shoveled into the American government in taxes.

2) all of us in the world who recognize that "the policies of the United States government" have profound implication for all of us in matters of civil and human rights, international cooperation, war or peace, global warming, gender equality, celebration of cultural and racial diversity, ecological stability, economic stability, etc... not to mention our shared human response to a nation that facilitates blasting kindergarten children's skulls, teeth, guts and eyeballs all over the ******* schoolroom floors and walls. You know, that sort of "we".

Quote:
Beyond that you call for a degree of party loyalty that is reminiscent of Lenin.
Damn! You really got me there.
Quote:
The personal attacks against me during the primary finally became so heavy that the state Republican chairman, Gaylord Parkinson, postulated what he called the Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican. It's a rule I followed during that campaign and have ever since. - Ronald Reagan, autobiography "An American Life"

I gather our analyses of "propaganda" versus "advocacy" arrived at a hill a bit to steep to climb.

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:43 am
@hightor,
Yuppers.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:48 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Yes, along with the other investigations on-going.

A very telling phenomenon here is that I have read NO political writing from the many sources I attend to (mostly liberal) which has made any charges at all that Mueller has done anything amiss or that he is a functionary of a GOP-soaked "deep state". Not one. Now just imagine what the right wing media would be doing if indictments against Trump or family had come down in Mueller's proceedings.

Is anyone confused as to why I detest these ******* assholes? (a pass, actually a half-pass, re george... no, make that a quarter pass).
georgeob1

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 12:05 pm
@blatham,
How do you then explain the insistence of Democrat Congressional leaders (Nadler & Schiff) that they get ALL of the documents and records to facilitate their own continuing investigations, as anything but a repudiation of Mueller's conclusions?
maporsche

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 12:12 pm
@blatham,
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55c153bae4b0ae7eb6d41986/t/5a7910dbf9619ae7e8ed4a86/1517883616926/drop+the+mic+on+Anxiety.jpg?format=750w
blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:09 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
How do you then explain the insistence of Democrat Congressional leaders (Nadler & Schiff) that they get ALL of the documents and records to facilitate their own continuing investigations, as anything but a repudiation of Mueller's conclusions?
Because Mueller's task did not include many other facets of Trump's activities. For example, he passed on information to NY that he deemed worthy of investigation but could not follow through because of his limited range of legal matters.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:11 pm
@maporsche,
You're so naughty.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:22 pm
Quote:
YS‏@NYinLA2121
There have been 31 National Emergencies declared by The President since 1979.

Listed Below are each time the President played golf during the National Emergency declaration time period:

Carter 0
Reagan 0
Bush 0
Clinton 0
Bush 0
Obama 0
Trump 17
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:28 pm
Quote:
As Washington eagerly awaits a public report from Attorney General William Barr on the “principal conclusions” of Mueller’s findings on Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election, Republicans were laying the groundwork to keep any of the investigative material turned up by the probe out of the hands of House Democrats.

“It’s not the Department of Justice’s job to give” Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) and the House Judiciary Committee that he chairs “what they want [to] go off on a purely partisan investigation that could lead towards impeachment,” Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), the committee’s ranking GOP member, said on Fox News on Sunday.

“I believe that we need to protect the innocent here, but to the extent that we
cannot sacrifice national security interests and release as much information as possible, I certainly support that,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) told CNN.

“Typically, prosecutors do not release information that would be harmful to the innocent,” Meadows said. “We need to make sure that we protect the innocent here.”

“The Mueller report... we can just burn it up. It is a partisan document,” Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the former chair of the House Intelligence Committee, told Fox News.

Ken Starr, the independent counsel who dogged President Bill Clinton, wrote a piece in The Atlantic calling on Mueller to remain quiet and not produce a public report.

On the one hand, this report will be (or "is" say the folks who haven't read a single sentence of it) 100% exculpatory. On the other hand, "Tie it to a nuke and send it into the sun immediately!"