monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

eurocelticyankee

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 09:50 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
That led me to wonder whether Christian Democrats could be as forgiving toward their party's candidate/president as GOP Christians have been able to do.
I sincerely hope not.

Why are you all about Christians, I'm sure there's many a secular voter out there who does not support abortion and that's their choice, their individual choice. Unlike religions which party-whip their followers into what they believe.

0 Replies

hightor

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:00 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
As I started thinking about it, the issue became more complex...

Sure it did. Because you insist on imposing a perspective centered on organized religion, specifically conservative christianity, a view not shared by the majority of US citizens. And you seem to have this conviction that GOP Christians are especially "forgiving" because they support Trump. The true example of "forgiveness" is not to excuse someone of dubious moral stature who actively panders to you, seeking political support, but to accept that someone who opposes all you believe is deserving of your love and forgiveness. GOP Christians aren't "forgiving" — they're just worldly opportunists who attempt to justify their obscenely practical and totally transparent political behavior with silly old tales from the mythical past.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:12 am
@livinglava,
I disagree with your point of view.

livinglava wrote:
Liberalism would be an embarrassment if we didn't believe in forgiveness and second chances for immature foolishness.

Huh, what? That doesn't even make a bit of sense. Are you saying only conservatives believe in forgiveness and second chances? Is that really your stance?

livinglava wrote:
Conservatives do care about ALL the people. That's why we don't want to spoil them with free money and all the destructive temptations and consequences that come with the fiscal/economic irresponsibility it breeds.

Huh, what? Free money? What are you talking about? Do only conservatives go to work every day, pay mortgages, taxes, spend their Friday nights at football games?

livinglava wrote:
Fiscal conservatism and saving, however slowly, is exactly what builds you up. Liberal spending is what tears you down. Borrowing and spending tears you down. You have to make sacrifices and save the money you make. People in more affordable areas have to resist the temptation to indulge in self-destructive cultural activities and pleasures that destroy them from both inside and outside themselves.

Huh, what?? Are you saying only liberals go to amusement parks, art museums or movies?

livinglava wrote:
Stop protecting crime by only focusing on law enforcement as racist discrimination and borders as nationalist segregation. Stop trying to legalize drugs as yet another form of growth-stimulus to spread easy money around instead of seeking to achieve more robust forms of economic participation. Stop falling for the temptations of consumerism that eat away at your income and savings with all those little purchases that nickle and dime you into poverty and debt.

Huh, what?? When you have headlines like this:
Protests continue in Pittsburgh after officer acquitted in fatal shooting of Antwon Rose II
Protests over the jury's verdict to acquit the officer who killed Antwon Rose II last year were described as peaceful.

Yet your stance is to stand by, let racial discrimination happen That's wrong.

Some drugs NEED to be legalized, that's what the FDA helps to do.

I wouldn't call housing, food, utilities, transportation and clothing to be little purchases that only conservatives get to have.

So no, I don't agree with you.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:20 am
Mueller's end shifts focus to New York prosecutors
coldjoint

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:54 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
I think Democrats should run and elect a foul mouthed, obnoxious, pussy grabbing, crazy, narcissistic,
whore mongering, self absorbed, illiterate, pathological lying scumbag.

They already have.
eurocelticyankee

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:01 am
@coldjoint,
Show me the Democratic Trump so.

I think you need to learn that just cause you say so doesn't make it so.

I know you can't or wont accept that concept.
coldjoint

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:06 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Show me the Democratic Trump so.

Clinton for his sexual atrocities, and Obama for his arrogance and narcissism. That is two.

Quote:
I think you need to learn that just cause you say so doesn't make it so.

I know you can't or wont accept that concept.

I think you should heed your own advice as you are just repeating what has been said a million times but never proven. Remember Trump has not been examined by anyone with the credentials to say such things, so it is again bullshit.
eurocelticyankee

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:09 am
@coldjoint,
Oh nooo, not another cut and paste always right, never wrong merchant.

Feck off and sell your wares elsewhere.
coldjoint

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:11 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Feck off and sell your wares elsewhere.

Oh oh she's mad. Laughing Laughing Laughing Clean up your cesspool first, and get back to me.
eurocelticyankee

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:18 am
@coldjoint,
I'm actually not mad CJ, disappointed yes.

You're just another one of those who only hear what they want to hear, usually themselves.
coldjoint

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:20 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
You're just another one of those who only hear what they want to hear, usually themselves.

And you? What makes you different than any other parrot? Heal thyself.
coldjoint

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:30 am
Quote:
Now it should be Mueller investigated
As the world eagerly awaits to learn the findings of Mueller report, into Russian collusion and the Trump campaign; Matt Snape argues, that there should be a fresh investigation into those who really colluded with Russia – Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

What he said. The new AG should be very busy. Somehow I do not think Trump will stop him.
Quote:
The Mueller investigation should be reopened, but not to prosecute Trump. It should instead condemn the Clintons, Obama and Mueller himself for selling America’s Uranium to the Russians and leaving their nation vulnerable to Putin. That is far worse than allowing a few Russian bots to persuade some, already persuaded electors to vote for Trump.

A little cut and paste for my fans.
http://www.thecommentator.com/article/7333/now_it_should_be_mueller_investigated
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:38 am
@coldjoint,
You know what makes me different from you.

If the Democrats put forward a candidate like Trump a candidate who attacks dead war heroes or any of the other foul things Trump has said or done.
I know I wouldn't support him. a scumbag like Trump wouldn't get a pass from me because he was a Democrat, hugged the flag or was anti-abortion.

coldjoint

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:49 am
Quote:
Romania at AIPAC: We will move our embassy to Jerusalem

They are not to fond of the influx of Islam either. Let them give the EU fits, along with Poland and Hungary.
https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Romania-announces-it-will-move-its-embassy-to-Jerusalem-584449?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 11:50 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
You know what makes me different from you.

Didn't like my answer? Punking out as expected. Laughing Laughing Laughing And that is what makes you different than me.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 12:41 pm
Some good news.

Quote:
A science teacher from rural Kenya, who gives away most of his salary to support poorer pupils, has won a $1m prize (£760,000) for the world's best teacher.

Peter Tabichi, a member of the Franciscan religious order, won the 2019 Global Teacher Prize.

Brother Peter has been praised for his achievements in a deprived school with crowded classes and few text books.

He wants pupils to see "science is the way to go" for their futures.

The award, announced in a ceremony in Dubai, recognises the "exceptional" teacher's commitment to pupils in a remote part of Kenya's Rift Valley.

He gives away 80% of his pay to support pupils, at the Keriko Mixed Day Secondary School in Pwani Village, Nakuru, who otherwise could not afford uniforms or books.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47658803

https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/files/2019/03/PETER-TABICHI-1280x720.jpg
InfraBlue

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:13 pm
@oralloy

@oralloy

@oralloy

@oralloy

Nope.
BillW

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:25 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

It would nearly be worth it (nearly) just to witness the wave of Republican hypocrisy that would wash over us all.

.....and just how would that wash feel different from the normal tsunami of Republican hypocrisy that is always on display?
BillW

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:28 pm
@neptuneblue,
I do believe the comment was rhetorical?
0 Replies

BillW

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 01:35 pm
Rule of right wingers, only conservatives are deserving forgiveness......
0 Replies