RABEL222

Reply Sun 24 Mar, 2019 08:21 pm
Russia is getting just what they wanted. An idiot in the white house while they land 100 armed troops in Venezuela.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 04:32 am
@Setanta,
That's a weak comparison. Limbaugh is on AM radio in the middle of the day, his two attempts at being on a major TV network ended in a fail and a firing for racist comments. The only time he shows up on any other radar is when major TV networks mention him. Maddow is on a major TV network almost every night and has the number one rated segment on that network, but she won't get fired for pushing a conspiracy for 2.5 years because she's in lockstep with managed who were all in for Hillary, and the DNC in general.

The left MSM is a mirror of Fox, not in that they lean one way or the other, but in every way. One of the most ridiculous actions I've ever seen was CNN partnering with Factcheck.org. Isn't CNN a news organization that should know how to check facts? That is just some cheesy bullshit right there. SMH
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 06:15 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Do you really know that Trump "is a sociopath"? How did you discover that?
Through reading, apparently a little-known method of learning about things, and I thought it would be important to do that to help myself understand the issue. I've quoted and linked several sources here earlier which describe the characteristics of a sociopath and Trump matches these nearly one for one. And where I've done so, I've invited (pleaded with) others (people like yourself) to investigate this for themselves. But it's your choice, of course.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 07:20 am
What we can expect from Trump and allies now.

1) repetition of "fully exonerated" and other such claims stating or implying that the Mueller investigation came up totally empty

2) this false narrative will be used to invalidate all further investigations as foolish and as merely a continuation of the Democrats and media's attempt to illegally remove Trump from office. It will also be portrayed as a justification for pardoning all the "poor victimized innocents" Trump wants to pardon.

3) that "we been victimized!" story-line, a perennial right wing favorite, will be pushed with gusto in an attempt to keep the base angry and fearful and to, it will be hoped, drag undecided or disaffected voters to the polls.

4) and all of the above will be used, every hour of every day, to blacken the reputation of all voices and media that is not solidly pro-Trump thus purposefully furthering the epistemological caging of GOP voters.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 07:54 am
What we can expect from left major media that puked a false conspiracy narrative for 2.5 years:

1) No firings.

The end.

Thanks for helping this shitty president to get re-elected.
hightor

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 08:31 am
@Brand X,
Quote:
1) No firings.

I don't know why this line is being pushed with such vehemence. There was certainly enough circumstantial evidence to suggest that the Trump campaign knew they were being helped by the Russians. The investigation suggests that either they weren't ambitious enough to exploit this relationship to the point of illegality or they were circumspect enough not to leave any fingerprints. Not much choice there. However, the peak at the way this administration actually works was valuable in itself.

This reaction of palpable disappointment reminds me of nothing so much as the conservative reaction to the FBI's probe of Clinton's e-mails. Yes, they all wanted her to be tarred and feathered and when there wasn't sufficient evidence to bring charges against her — the breach of protocol didn't rise to the level where prosecution would be the norm — they started calling for Comey's head.
blatham

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 09:07 am
Quote:
Let me say at the outset that I fully accept one core conclusion reached by the special counsel’s investigation, as described in Attorney General William P. Barr’s letter to Congress: The probe did not establish any criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to sabotage the 2016 election.

That is genuinely, if narrowly, exonerating for the president on the “collusion” question.

But even if you accept that to be the case, the following three things are also true:

1. Donald Trump got elected president in part due to a massive foreign attack on our democracy.

2. Even if Trump’s campaign didn’t collude with that act in a criminally chargeable manner, he committed extraordinary abuses of power to try to prevent a full accounting of that attack on our democracy from taking place.

3. Trump’s attorney general is in the process of preventing a real public airing of the full dimensions of both of the above points.
Multiple news organizations are pushing variations on the idea that a “cloud” has lifted from Trump. The president himself claims “Complete and Total EXONERATION.”

This is nonsense. Indeed, one of the most important takeaways from Barr’s brief summary of Robert S. Mueller III’s conclusions is that it underscores the above three points with fresh urgency.
Continue reading HERE
Brand X

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 09:07 am
@hightor,
It's because the left MSM has somehow been held to a higher standard, well a higher standard than Fox, and there are a lot more left outlets than right. The journalists that have been correct on the bs conspiracy push have a right to gloat because they've been shunned and taken a lot of arrows for 2.5 years.

Everyone knows Trump is scum and that he's going to have underhanded deeds aired from this investigation, but that and hated for him shouldn't be the prevailing force to guide your narrative if your a news media outlet, just as hatred for Obama shouldn't have been the narrative fuel for Fox. MSNBC hosts became Glenn Beck at his chalkboard over this investigation.
Brand X

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 10:24 am
Cenk blaming Mueller already, does he work for Fox?

@cenkuygur

'Let me be clear, I CONCEDE NOTHING! If #MuellerReport didn’t look into Trump’s business ties with the Russians before the elections and didn’t look into his secret meetings with them after the election, then this is an epic debacle that looked into the exact wrong things.'
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 10:33 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Continue reading HERE

What makes you think anyone started reading? Shocked
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 10:36 am
@Brand X,
Quote:
Everyone knows Trump is scum

Bullshit. A statement like that only means you have nothing to say that is worth listening to.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 10:56 am
@hightor,
Well, at least with Comey long announcement where he said there wasn't sufficient evidence against her but then went on to say she grossly negligent... we had more information out there than we do now concerning Mueller's findings.

I want to know what he found, any conclusions he reached and why someone was either charged or not charged. I think the public after two years deserves to know the full report. Not a biased AG who we knew wasn't going to release the report from the moment he was confirmed.

This so called summary stinks and shouldn't be allowed to be the last word.
maporsche

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:15 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Not a biased AG who we knew wasn't going to release the report from the moment he was confirmed.

This so called summary stinks and shouldn't be allowed to be the last word.

The summary wasn't meant to be the final word (I don't think). He says in the summary itself that he will be releasing more information once the stuff that can't legally be released is redacted. I have no reason to not take him at his word on this...at least not yet.

Additionally, Trump himself said to release the entire report. Not that I trust him, it is evidence that a potential release is possible.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:22 am
@revelette1,
Comey didn't accuse Hillary of "gross negligence" in her handling of large numbers highly classified documents and e mails. Gross negligence is the standard for criminal action, and he studiously avoided it, saying she was extremely careless or something like that.

The fact is that the leader of the FBI had no standing to make or express such a judgment on the potential prosecution of that or any crime. That instead is the sole responsibility of the Attorney General. She strangely remained silent after her "accidental" meeting a few days earlier with Bill Clinton (in a remote hangar at the Phoenix airport where her and Bill's private aircraft were, by chance, parked next to each other during "refueling stops" - neither aircraft needed refueling and Phoenix was far from their planned routes). It does appear that they discussed far more than "the grandchildren" as she indicated to a reporter at the scene.

The AG's recently issued summary is the legally prescribed action required under the legislation establishing Special Counsels. An enduring principle of our legal system is that the records of investigation of potential criminal conduct are not released in cases where the investigation determined that no criminal conduct occurred. As for the question of supposed obstruction nof justice, that is a determination for the Attorney General to make and not the Special Counsel. AG Barr made his finding on that matter quite clear.
revelette1

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:29 am
@maporsche,
Tell me this: if there was no relationship between the Russian government and Trump and/or his campaign staff and his transition team, why would anything need to be redacted? A lot of that kind of information has already been released to the public via the indictments.

I think the whole thing needs to be released at least to the intelligence committees in both the House and the Senate and they should be able to decide with help from Mueller or whoever what can be released. At least then I would have confidence someone besides the Trump adminstration (which includes the AG) has seen the full Mueller report.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:33 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Trump adminstration (which includes the AG)

Every administration includes the AG. The civics course is coming when the accusers are investigated. People will be going to jail. They will not be people in the Trump administration.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:36 am
@revelette1,
Well, for example, it is illegal to release certain information related to testimony given to a grand jury. These laws have been on the books since well before Trump.

Also, some of the information in the report may be classified.

A full review of the report to exclude those two type of information would need to occur before the report can be released to the public. That will probably take a lot longer than anyone would like.

I do think the intelligence committees should be able to view the full report including any classified data. They have the appropriate security clearances and any leaks would be illegal and they could be prosecuted.
revelette1

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:37 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Comey didn't accuse Hillary of "gross negligence" in her handling of large numbers highly classified documents and e mails. Gross negligence is the standard for criminal action, and he studiously avoided it, saying she was extremely careless or something like that.

It doesn't matter, by the time Comey was through with the saga of Clinton's emails it was labelled gross negligence in all but name, it went on forever and then he wasn't through, he had to announce a reopening of email investigation right at the end of the campaign season which also helped get Trump elected.

I am saying we should have what Mueller investigated and why so and so was or was not charged and the reasons why. Just like we did with Comey's announcement. We deserve to know.
revelette1

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:38 am
@maporsche,
Ok, I would be happy if a full report is released to the public after those conditions you listed are met. Something tells me we won't ever get a decent report of Mueller's findings.

Quote:
I do think the intelligence committees should be able to view the full report including any classified data. They have the appropriate security clearances and any leaks would be illegal and they could be prosecuted.

I agree, however, I bet they would have to fight tooth and nail to get it a full report with republicans being on the suppression side.

At the end of the day, I don't care if Trump ever has to pay for his actions he may have taken in regards to this or if he is impeached. I just want to know as much as we are allowed to know, exactly what came of the two year investigation by the Special Consel.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2019 11:41 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
Something tells me we won't ever get a decent report of Mueller's findings.

All you are saying is that the report will never say what you want it to. In Russia they say "tuff Shitzee".
0 Replies