ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 07:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You people will never accept any blame for your own failure.

no failure here. The candidates I voted for in the last provincial, federal and municipal elections got in. they're doing what I expected of them so far. Now we do have an advantage as we don't have a 2 party system, so the 3rd party often has a significant effect on policy. It doesn't work that way in the US.

You had 2 choices.

You will have 2 choices.

Own what you did.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 07:50 pm
@ehBeth,
I told exactly what I did. When the choice is Republican or disguised Republican neither gets my vote.
maporsche

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 08:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
Childish.

You KNOW damn well....

**** it. You can't point out one thing that Trump has done that Clinton would have also done.

Grow up you old fool.

YOU are worse than the Republicans.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 08:41 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You had 2 choices.

You will have 2 choices.

Own what you did.

You're damn right.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Nobody in the world predicted the calamity that Trump has wrought.
Well, I don't consider this to be a calamity, but....

April 20, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/212871-2#post-5307952
oralloy wrote:
Obama just blew all of his political capital in this futile assault against the NRA, and now he's got nothing left to do anything at all with his second term.
oralloy wrote:
after four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency, the voters are going to put a Republican in the White House in 2016.

February 9, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-2#post-6123152
oralloy wrote:
Chris Christie will go down in history as the man who made Trump president. Rubio was the only one who had enough appeal to both conservatives and moderates to allow him to beat Trump.

February 14, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-5#post-6125874
oralloy wrote:
Robert Gentel wrote:
I don't think even he would be stupid enough to do the things he says on trade. It would destroy the economy. That is something that would legitimately cause a revolution.
Mr. Trump is setting himself up as someone who is going to do what he says, as opposed to a typical politician who will pander and then change their minds.
I think he really does mean to do what he says.
oralloy wrote:
It's going to be worse for the Democrats than for the Republicans. Trump is going to reshape the Republican Party to fit his views, but I'm upping my electoral predictions now to say that the Republicans are guaranteed to win the next five presidential elections.

February 16, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-8#post-6127252
oralloy wrote:
It'll be Trump. Trump in 2020 as well.
2024, 2028, and 2032 will also see Republicans elected president.

February 16, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-6#post-6127450
oralloy wrote:
I'm basing it on logic, not on wishful thinking. My logic may be wrong. I don't claim infallibility. But it is more than wishful thinking.
oralloy wrote:
Let's compare notes after each of the next five elections. Maybe I'll be wrong. It's happened before. But I've also been right before. We'll see.

February 17, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-9#post-6128045
oralloy wrote:
I'm reminded of Asimov's Foundation trilogy, at the points when the remnant of an old order that is about to be swept away is still acting like they have a future.
Poignant.
Oh well. Let's get on with the future.

March 3, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-10#post-6137980
oralloy wrote:
Hawkeye saw Trump coming long before the first votes were cast.
I didn't see it until the New Hampshire primary results were announced, but have consistently predicted ever since that point that Mr. Trump is going to smash the Democrats so hard that they will be out of the White House for a good 20 years.

March 3, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/306611-10#post-6137982
oralloy wrote:
The right are about to shut the Democrats out of the White House for 20 straight years.
There are some old school Reaganites who don't like how Mr. Trump is going to reshape the Republican Party, but once the Democrats have been electorally obliterated I suspect most conservatives will come around to liking Mr. Trump a lot more.

March 4, 2016
oralloy wrote:
My prediction is not in any way based on psychic ability. What I am doing is like saying "If you drop a baseball off a cliff, it will fall and hit the ground at the bottom." No psychic ability is involved. It's just straightforward logic and reason.

March 6, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/164543-156#post-6139510
oralloy wrote:
It's too late. There was only one shot at defeating Mr. Trump, and that was getting behind Mr. Rubio from New Hampshire on.
All this panic from the establishment at this point is just closing the barn door after the horses have already escaped (is that how the saying goes?), and is just doing pointless damage to the party.
Mr. Trump is going to be our next president, and as such he will have the power to reshape the Republican Party to fit his values. The Right might want to start dealing with that, because it's going to happen whether they like it or not.
It'll be much worse for the Left. They are going to be out of power for a good 20 years.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 03:56 am
@edgarblythe,
If we hadn’t done what we did, that bitch would still be saying Medicare 4 all will never happen, the fight for $15. would be lost, the Republicans calling themselves democrats would still be riding roughshod over this country and there would have been no Alexandria Ocasio Cortez emboldened by the whiplash progressives sent this country by saying to the disgusting corporate Democrats, “You WILL serve us or you will lose!”

We’ve taken a big chunk out of the impervious, unaccountable armor of the ruling class. They are now responding to progressive needs. Pulling the rug from under them was the only way to get power.

You are goddamn right I own that. They became corrupt Republicans who didn’t serve he people and we slapped them down.

They better change quickly or it’ll happen again.

This country is shifting toward the people and I’m proud I was a part of it. Goddamn right, I own it.

The two choices I had were because Hillary Clinton cheated my candidate, and I’ve got the emails to prove it. She also had colluding journalists to elevate Trump in the media because she knew she was so hated by voters, she could only defeat a candidate more horrific than she is.

Hillary Clinton is completely responsible for President Trump.
revelette1

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 09:58 am
@Lash,
Quote:
You had 2 choices.

You will have 2 choices.

Own what you did.

So you are proud your choice put Trump in the Presidential power he currently has. Noted. Personally I would rather the country would be arguing over whether Medicare for all is the option for the US than what we have had since Trump became president and all the really conservative Judges who have installed are there for their lifetimes.
hightor

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 10:25 am
@revelette1,
Just off the top of my head:

It would be nice to see our country continuing to play an active part in the international effort to decrease carbon emissions.

I'd have preferred that the country continued to move away from coal-powered electricity generation and maintained air quality standards on smokestack emissions.

Retaining good relations with our international neighbors and allies would have been preferable, as would honoring our treaty obligations.

An accurate census might be a good thing, and insuring voting rights for all citizens.

Too bad the ACA is just left limping and festering — lots of people would benefit if the problems were responsibly addressed.

The those major tax cuts for the wealthy didn't strike me as very constructive.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:38 am
@hightor,
Quote:

The those major tax cuts for the wealthy didn't strike me as very constructive.

The tax cut that mattered was the 35% tax on business cut to 21%. And yes wealthy people own those businesses. When they make more, they invest more, and create jobs. If you wish to cut CO2 emissions you could try holding your breath.
hightor

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 11:56 am
@coldjoint,
I was supportive of the corporate tax cut. But it should have at least been made revenue neutral. And you do realize that the individual tax cuts expire over the next decade, right?

Respiration, unlike burning fossil fuels, is carbon neutral.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 12:03 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
And you do realize that the individual tax cuts expire over the next decade, right?

There are many politicians that wish to make those cuts permanent, think the new Democratic house will go for that?
hightor

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 12:19 pm
@coldjoint,
Only if revenue and spending projections allow for deficit reduction.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 12:28 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Only if revenue and spending projections allow for deficit reduction.

That is laughable. The Democrats do not care how much is spent and never have.
hightor

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 12:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The Democrats do not care how much is spent and never have.

As long as revenues are high enough to fund the expenditures why should they? "Tax and Spend" Dems are more responsible than "Borrow and Spend" Republicans.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 12:47 pm
@hightor,
10 Presidents With Biggest Debt Increases

Percent IncreaseAdded to Debt (in Billions)
Franklin D. Roosevelt
1,048%
US$236
Woodrow Wilson
727%
US$21
Ronald Reagan
186%
US$1,860
George W. Bush
101%
US$5,849
Barack Obama
74%
US$8,588
George H.W. Bush
54%
US$1,554
Gerald Ford
47%
US$224
Jimmy Carter
43%
US$299
Richard Nixon
34%
US$121
Bill Clinton
32%
US$1,396
Chart: The Balance Source: Office of Management and Budget
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 01:51 pm
Why Harris And O’Rourke May Have More Upside Than Sanders And Biden
coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 01:56 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Why Harris And O’Rourke May Have More Upside Than Sanders And Biden

Harris has had it upside and probably backside many times. She is nothing more than a puppet already. Her responses are predictable and popular for that reason alone.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 01:59 pm
@hightor,
I would have been supportive of the same tax cut that Obama proposed, which I believe was a 28% tax. I remember a lot of industry leaders saying that 21% was too low and that they feared a populist backlash because of it.

We'll see if they were right to fear it.

And absolutely it should have been revenue neutral. Absolutely.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 02:01 pm
@coldjoint,
That's just bullshit.

Democrats have been the only party since I've been born (1979) and maybe earlier to actually engage in responsible spending practices.

Republicans just bark a lot with no bite.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2019 02:08 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
engage in responsible spending practices.

Like Solyndra? Or the money allocated to NASA's outreach to the Muslim world?