Where Are the Christians Now? | Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:17 am
Where Are the Christians Now? | Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II

May 7th, 2013 - In an address at Martin Street Baptist Church in Raleigh,
Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II asks his fellow Christians, in the light of the regressive legislation
pouring out of the North Carolina General Assembly, "Where are you now?"

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 5,845 • Replies: 114

anthony1312002

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 06:51 am
@Real Music,
Really, what we are seeing today is in fulfillment of what the Bible states at 2 Timothy 3:1-5 which highlights all of the traits the would be displayed by humans in the time of the end. The only real solution to the problems facing all of mankind is the complete removal of all human rulerships, being replaced by the rule of Jesus Christ. Note the Kingdom prophecy of Daniel 2:44 which Jesus instructed his disciples to pray for at Matthew 6:9, 10.

Jesus made it clear that only he can bring about the complete resolution of all that ails mankind today. From racism to war. From famine to death. The current world system of things is beyond saving. And really, if God wanted to fix the present system he would have done it by now. But everything in the Scriptures makes it clear that he will not fix it but remove and replace it.

What will replace it when Gods Kingdom take full control? See Psalm 37:9-11, 29 which Jesus quoted at Matthew 5:5. Only when he has done this will the world be free of the turmoil it now experiences. This is why Jehovah has put his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ in place as King of His Kingdom. And Jesus is now actively moving true Christians to spread the Good News Of The Kingdom. - Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19, 20 in over 950 languages of the earth.
chai2

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 08:39 am
@Real Music,
Real music, that was pretty powerful.

Coming from one of their own.
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 12:25 pm
@anthony1312002,
anthony1312002 wrote:
Really, what we are seeing today is in fulfillment of what the Bible states at 2 Timothy 3:1-5 which highlights all of the traits the would be displayed by humans in the time of the end.

Humans have been displaying these traits since humans appeared on earth, though. It makes the idea of "the time of the end" preposterous.

We've been doing OK so far. There's no need for a global monarchy that bans the celebration of people's birthdays. How dreary.
steven bill

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 09:49 am
@InfraBlue,
it amazes me that people write down as they feel. freedom of speech? i would say freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought they seldom use. remember, girls made sure their dresses were down to their ankles, but now they made sure they went above the thigh. even sodom and gommorah were much holier if you asked me.
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:09 am
@steven bill,
steven bill wrote:

remember, girls made sure their dresses were down to their ankles, but now they made sure they went above the thigh. even sodom and gommorah were much holier if you asked me.

So what is the issue you have with girls/men wearing dresses of any length?

Why aren't you discussing the boys/men who can't control themselves, including their thoughts?
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:24 am
@steven bill,
Is that biblical?
steven bill

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:43 am
@chai2,
you are what you wear,girl. if you walked across the road with a suit on would i call you a cowboy?if you were half exposed, would i call you a very responsible lady?
what you wear tell passersby of your employment, emotion, and even your habits. there are many things your clothes say about you.
''psychology determines your cloths'' so if you told me the men cant control their thoughts thats because you're indirrectly "psychologically" making known your need which they think matches theirs.
if you tell me that you dress like an ambitious lady does'nt make you one i would say. the worst clothing you could ever put on is the kind that try to hide who you are. if you dress like a call girl, youre psychologically telling me you are a call girl.
clue:we have pubs around, and we arent expecting a sober person in.
clue:you dress like call girl. you shouldnt expect any responsible man walk up to meet you.
steven bill

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:47 am
@InfraBlue,
if it was'nt biblical i sure would not have posted anything.
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 04:24 pm
@steven bill,
steven bill wrote:

you are what you wear,girl. if you walked across the road with a suit on would i call you a cowboy?if you were half exposed, would i call you a very responsible lady?
what you wear tell passersby of your employment, emotion, and even your habits. there are many things your clothes say about you.
''psychology determines your cloths'' so if you told me the men cant control their thoughts thats because you're indirrectly "psychologically" making known your need which they think matches theirs.
if you tell me that you dress like an ambitious lady does'nt make you one i would say. the worst clothing you could ever put on is the kind that try to hide who you are. if you dress like a call girl, youre psychologically telling me you are a call girl.
clue:we have pubs around, and we arent expecting a sober person in.
clue:you dress like call girl. you shouldnt expect any responsible man walk up to meet you.

Incorrect on all counts.

More importantly, why didn't you address this question...

Why aren't you discussing the boys/men who can't control themselves, including their thoughts?

How a female chooses to dress is no one's business but their own, regardless of how you as an individual think of it.

Is it the females responsibility how a man reacts?

Can a man not control their actions?

RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 04:37 pm
@chai2,
CChain you just don't understand Christian mens animal nature. If you wore a dress that covered you from head to toe they would still think about what is under that dress, Think islam.
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 05:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Oh, I understand many mens nature, Christian, Muslim and other.

So your answer, while awaiting Steve's, is that men cannot be held responsible for their thoughts when they see any woman.

You would just think they would have something more productive to think about.

They have been told by others that what men must think about when they see a woman dressed in something of their choosing, therefore they think about it.

Please don't denigrate an entire gender, or at least a particular religion of an entire gender by attributing such a moronic conclusion.

You must be one of the "they" in "they say"

I don't know why anyone bothers to listen to "them" since they sure say some dumbass things.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 05:52 pm
I think that in the past, men who took their holy books waaay too seriously believed that lust was a sin. So in order to keep themselves from sinning, they attacked the object of their lust. They figured that if a woman's body caused them to lust, then the solution was clear. They would force women to cover themselves from head to toe. Problem solved!

It was a choice between coming to terms with their own sexuality, or forcing women to bend to their shortcomings in that area.

On a totally unrelated note, Chai, what are you wearing?
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 06:13 pm
@Glennn,
I think men used holy books, meaning inventing a bunch of stuff and writing it down, in part to control women.

Men needed to control who women slept with, so they could ensure her childen (never any question about that) were also theirs, and not the more interesting guy down the road. They needed to obliterate any religions that involved any goddesses, demoting them to the Virgin Mary. They needed to take away land rights of women, and their wealth, by inventing a contract called marriage which put everything into the husbands name.

They needed to write stuff down that would make the woman feel bad about herself if she didn't tow the line, dress the way she wanted, or had the audacity to disobey. The men in turn got to say it was the womans fault if they raped her, because otherwise they would be responsible for the act.

Then, they said that all this stuff written down came from another male authority figure, God, who, if your read your bible, was bat **** crazy.

I am wearing this....Tres modest, no?

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-9f739483031a2b7f2ddcad4a7cf8adf6-c
Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 06:24 pm
@chai2,
I agree completely.

(Except for that goofy outfit.)
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 06:34 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I agree completely.

(Except for that goofy outfit.)

I especially like the God is bat **** crazy part.

One of my better thoughts.

I dunno, I kind of like that outfit. It's cuddly and comfy looking. I would totally lounge around and/or sleep in it. Even hang out with a friend.

Plus, it's got faces on it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 11:20 pm
@Glennn,
Now that you mention it, ahhhh what are you wearing Glennn?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 11:22 pm
All silliness aside, I think Rev. Barber is an amazing man.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 08:06 am
@glitterbag,
A goofy smile and reading glasses.
0 Replies