Where Are the Christians Now? | Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II

steven bill

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 11:22 am
@chai2,
But i did'nt evolve with the apes. maybe you, but not me.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 11:24 am
@steven bill,
You may be onto something there.

Chai evolved.

Sad Sad that you were left behind.
steven bill

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 11:28 am
@ehBeth,
Maybe.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 11:53 am
I’ve always found it odd that some people have such an issue with the thought of being related in some way to apes.

They have no problem with acknowledging they are of the same species as humans who abuse and rape their own children, murder their own kind for some money in a cash register, or are Kim Kardashian.
chai2

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 11:57 am
@chai2,
To get back to the point, the word cult did not derive from the word culture. The 2 words came from a common source, and don’t mean the same thing. No more than a human came from an ape, but rather a common ancestor. We are different animals.
steven bill

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 12:58 pm
@chai2,
again, i am not a specie. I am not an animal. Or even an animal with greater intelligence. they serve as food to me.
Believe me, beliefs can be very wierd to logical people.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 02:20 pm
@ehBeth,
father forgive them, for they know not what they do. If jesus said that to those who crucified him, he would certainly repeat that to rapers. I blame no one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 03:13 pm
What a disgusting scarp of putrid human gristle.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 05:09 pm
@steven bill,
Quote:
you understand me very much. in the wrong way.
Using your own point of view - if people don't understand you...it's because you are not open, and because you are inconsitent. You do not answer any questions regarding perceived flaws in your beliefs. And your posts contain inconsistent points of view. And the vast majority of our actions are guided by our beliefs and emotions, and knowledge is only based in consistency.... How then is it possible to know you?

That said, it is certainly possible to know when you are avoiding things.

You still haven't replied to any flaw pointed out in the specific beliefs talked about.
vikorr

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 05:25 pm
@steven bill,
Quote:
because i love you, i am going to reveal this little future secrete.
In that future, there wont be any church denominations, christians would share the same belief. You would share mine. You would be among that great army.You would have Gods presence every day, and there wont be a moment you think you've slipped--Just like me. Youre going to post this same article i have been writing, but in a much more accurate way.
when you go to church. Tell you pastor that jesus also died on the cross not to kill sin conciousness, but to kill your emotions and live every single day by the sensitivity of the holyspirit.
there. is .not .a .moment .i .do .not enjoy .Gods. presence.
If you cant type dessame, then you need to believe me.
Best of lucks.

I doubt very much that you would end up there. After all, it is only people who believe in him that will:
- you do not believe that God is consistent...because you hold beliefs you think are God given, but are inconsistent, and flawed
- you do not believe in using all of the brain he created for you (you refuse to use the logic / reasoning part of your brain)
- you do not believe in nurturing the emotions that he gave you
- you do not appear believe that the instincts he gave you (sexual attraction) are good (I can take multiple quotes from your posts inferring such)

It appears that every part of his major creation within you - your brain - giving you the ability of consciousness...you refuse to use...refuse to see as good...you spit on them.

It's always possible you would see such as a badge of honour. Some cults would be like that.
steven bill

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 01:13 am
@vikorr,
alright. I guess i have spoken enough. Let me give answers to my flaws.
.My emotions are a gauge, not a guide.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 01:23 am
@vikorr,
.Modesty is'nt about hiding ourselfs, its about revealing our dignity.
.Beauty and modesty is for the women so that men can love for the right reasons.
Read Ezek 16:30.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 01:42 am
@vikorr,
on my stand on blaming no one, Rom 2:1 ans ''you therefore, have no excuse you who pass JUDGMENT to SOMEONE ELSE , for whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself.''
Gal 6:5'' for we are EACH responsible for our own conduct''
jesus qouted ''forgive the for they know not what they do''
he would certainly say that to the rapist. because that rapist doesnt know what he is doing.
if you were not a christian you would call jesus names---not because you are actually right , but because satan has blinded you. but i am sure vikorr you know jesus, and you simply wouldnt say that.
laughoutlood

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 01:44 am
@steven bill,
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 03:49 am
@steven bill,
Well, other than still not having provided any responses to the flaws I pointed out…

Quote:
.My emotions are a gauge, not a guide.

You’ve said numerous times you are emotionless. Your inconsistency in this area paints a picture of confusion
Quote:
Modesty is'nt about hiding ourselfs, its about revealing our dignity.
.Beauty and modesty is for the women so that men can love for the right reasons.

That’s rather condescending towards men. It makes the presumption that they can’t see past the dress of a women to the person inside.

And it hardly gives you the right to be so judgemental about women who don’t meet your standard of modesty. Before you say you haven't been judgemental, you need to go back and re-read everything you've written.

Quote:
on my stand on blaming no one,

Bible quotes are well and good, but true godliness involves a deep understanding of why those quotes were written, does it not? What is the consistency behind them? Are you not able to articulate the reasons for yourself? If you don't understand the deep reasoning, then you leave yourself open to working counter to the quotes intended outcomes.

I should correct something for you. I like the idea of God, and I consider myself spiritual, but I do not subscribe to the religious ideology that surrounds him/her, not in the Bible which I am very familiar with, nor in other documents. I would say my understanding of God, and yours, are quite different.
steven bill

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 05:42 am
@vikorr,
jesus is not an idea made to create comfort. Jesus was not a wise man who walked the earth. He did not come to invent a religion.
If you are this rational. Then you should'nt be called a christian.
Christains do not walk by sight. And absolutely its a very unhealthy thing to do---in a logical sense. The sense of perception.
Christianity does not take a perspective. Does not count other religion equal.
Christianity claims jesus to be the way, the truth and the life.

If you searched the scriptures yourself, you would see how decieving those popes and most preachers are.
.Christianity does not offer peace with the world.
If you dont believe this, is certain you have been hearing sermons not saughting the scriptures for your self.
The idea of believing on the existence of a God, does'nt make you a christian. Even the Athens wrote ''to the unknown God'' but they certainly would stone you if you preach jesus christ.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 05:46 am
@vikorr,
And maybe you are right. I wont clog your beliefs with a war hammer.
This ends it.
vikorr

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 12:23 pm
@steven bill,
You appear to think there are ulterior motives for my posts - certainly you never reply to their specific words. They are as they are. You have been evasive for our whole conversation, avoiding responding to any flaw I pointed out (and there have been so many). This is not honest. It is certainly not Godly. It is self deception. And you know who the cause of self deception is.

Is it any wonder you beliefs regarding rape are so corrupted?

There will be many on the day of judgement who cried out Lord, Lord. Will there not?
steven bill

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 03:15 am
@vikorr,
so many flaws you cannot be able to list one as an example?
i did'nt write the bible did i? if you need scriptural references i could send them to you. And proove to me that i am wrong with the ''scriptures'' since we are both christians.
but if not, i want let you know i didnt come up with any of what i wrote. You can call the bible a flawed book as you re the first christian to be up against modesty and self control.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 04:42 am
@steven bill,
Blaming victims for being raped while dismissing the guilt of the rapists with some old bollocks about not judging is a colossal flaw that pretty much eclipses everything else you say.
0 Replies