Where Are the Christians Now? | Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
He's utterly despicable, a heartless individual. He's precisely the sort who give Christians a bad name -- along with white supremacists who claim that the Bible defends their position. By the way, does he ask male rape victims (boys and men) what they were wearing?

I recently read about a coed who was visiting a fraternity. A member of the fraternity put a date rape drug in her drink and raped her when she was unconscious. She was a virgin who had planned to save herself for marriage. She eventually had to drop out of school because of the trauma she suffered. No doubt steven bill would have no sympathy for her. If I ever met him in real life, I wouldn't give him the time of day. I have no respect for rape apologists.
chai2

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 11:50 am
@steven bill,
steven bill wrote:

thats exactly what i think. You can keep blaming everyne else

This isn't what you are doing? Blaming women and the way they dress for some mens behavior?
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:14 pm
@chai2,
He absolves rapists of any responsibility.
chai2

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:44 pm
@wmwcjr,
Isn't that disgusting?

I'm sure steve will say that this woman is indeed asking for it.....

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm
@steven bill,
steven bill wrote:
i do not think this rapers shouldnt face the law. I am simply implying that i do not blame them.

and who are you blaming for the rape if not the rapist?

__

disgusting
vikorr

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2018 05:07 pm
@steven bill,
This is not a no-control statement - your beliefs appear to me to be harmful to yourself, ignorant regarding how our minds work, and (if society had adopted them) very harmful.

That you support beliefs that can help rapists and potential rapists to justify rape to themselves, can lead to a great deal of harm.

You talk of blame. Blame exists only in the mind of people who: want to shift responsibility; or want an easy target; and/or don't want to understand the contributing factors. Every single one of us bears personal responsibility for our own decisions, our own emotions, and our own actions. Other factors/people may influence and contribute to our emotions/decisions/actions, even while responsibility for each persons emotions/decisions/actions rests solely with each person.

From a different perspective - anyone who wants true, self sustaining, personal growth needs to take responsibility for the entirety of who they are, and what they do. This is also something which often requires understanding of the factors that contributed to such.

You talk of being emotionless, while talking of love...those two are polar opposites. Love can only be felt, even while it would often be pointless without action. If you believe that 'love is purely an action', then the only way you know what constitutes a 'loving action' is through the actions of those who have acted in accordance with their feeling of love.

You talk of 'no control' states, but, in terms of actions, people only experience 'no control states' at the very extremes of emotion (and in a different way, when insane). A lady, no matter how she is dressed, cannot provoke a 'no control state' in a man. Any person who says that, is lying, to excuse their own actions, to abrogate their self responsibility...to shift blame.

'No control' states in terms of thoughts, are a different matter. Our brain does not work in unison. We have different parts of our brain dedicated to different functions. Put simply, we have instinctive, emotional, and logical parts to our brain that function individually, even while they communicate with each other. 'No control' would exist if you talked about stray thoughts, because they are affected by our emotions, desires, and imaginings...but stray thoughts aren't a state, they are stray thoughts. And when it comes to decisions, we are capable of making decisions based on the whole of our brain. In other words, a stray 'oh I'd like to do her', does not lead to a loss of control where you rape the girl.

The 'loss of control' you describe comes from:
- fixating (which is a poor mental habit that people can remove of their own accord)
- anger / hatred (which is pre-existing to the rape, and something the person could have addressed with counselling, and a willingness to work on their emotional issues)
- feelings of powerlessness / loss of control in their life situation (ie. rape is a form of power to them)
- etc

What each of these have in common is that the person who fixates, is angry, feels powerless...can work on, and rectify these flaws/issues in their own lives. They do not need to destroy another's life in order to put the work and effort in to fix themselves or their situation.

steven bill

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 12:43 pm
@wmwcjr,
exactly. I wont 'feel' any sympathy for her. you certainly cant show any sympathy because you didnt go through what she went. You only feel 'pity'. chaste concern is the kind that let the the victim get over it herself.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 12:48 pm
@chai2,
No. I would'nt say that. Because i wouldnt even notice her existence. I am sure you would notice.
I dont Even know the name of my neighbour, i dont need to.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 12:55 pm
@wmwcjr,
you all think the love jesus christ was talking about is the kind from the human emotion.satan asks you to feel, jesus asks you not to walk by sight but faith. ''Rejoice with those who rejoice'' what if i wasnt really happy. I would have to pretend because the scripture said so. No brother, jesus didnt mean that. I'll tell you what he meant if you asked.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 01:01 pm
I think Rev. Dr. William J. Barber is an amazing man, very wise, compassionate and determined.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 01:01 pm
@steven bill,
You leave Bill alone. He cares deeply about victims, all you care about is your own bloody ego.

How many times do I have to say this?

You're still full of ****, and precious little else. Now do the World a favour and take a dump.

0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 01:03 pm
@vikorr,
the moment you are not mindful of your thoughts, feelings and actions. YOU ARE IN A NO CONTROL STATE. sadly people do this every secounds of their existence.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 01:08 pm
@steven bill,
You're not mindful of anything except talking ****. That's all you're doing, and that's all your 'Jesus' is doing.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 01:26 pm
@steven bill,
Quote:
I'll tell you what he meant if you asked.

Thou shalt allow . . .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 01:55 pm
Beware of false prophets.
steven bill

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 02:25 pm
@izzythepush,
my sheeps hear my voice, another voice they would not follow.
do you sit all day in a wooded house, hunched over your device, blaspheming people? look outside the window petterson, if you love how the sun rays makes your skin red..you would suspend action, for thoughts.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 04:12 pm
@steven bill,
If anyone is doing any blaspheming it's you. Blaming victims is obscene, and that's what you're doing, and claiming any form of divine inspiration is disgusting.
vikorr

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 05:27 pm
@steven bill,
Quote:
the moment you are not mindful of your thoughts, feelings and actions. YOU ARE IN A NO CONTROL STATE. sadly people do this every secounds of their existence.

And sadly, there are many others, who aren't able to think for themselves.

And some people find beliefs that are convenient to themselves, and their weaknesses. And those people, instead of working to grow, to better themselves, they look for excuses. And those beliefs/excuses, based in fear, result in them becoming ever more rigid, castigating themselves, excising/walling off bits of themselves, while seeking to blame outside influences for their flaws.

It's an incredibly sad thing...it stunts growth, diminishes good, corrupts ones understanding of love, diminishes compassion...and is unnecessary. There are other, more worthwhile parts to personal growth, to a flowering of good, to deep acceptance and understanding of who you are as a person.

In any event, it seems you are making up what a 'no control state' is, on the run.

A stray thought, is not a no control state, by mere definition of the word 'state'.

And even so, going by your definitions: I'm wondering why:
- by your definition of no control states, in conjuction with skimpily dressed women, being the cause of the rape of women, and people doing this every second of their existence;
- why western women in skimpy dress aren't being raped by every man they pass? And;
- why each man can't help but rape every women he comes across that is dressed such.
- and further, by your definition of 'no control states', women suffer from it too...so why aren't they trying to rape men at public pools and beaches; and
- Why doesn't rape happen often at nudist beaches?

The point is, your belief in no control states as being the cause of rape, is founded in your own need to justify your own flaws. It does not stand up to scrutiny in the above questions, nor in:
- the number or frequency of rapes (they don't match your definition)
- the types of clothing worn by rape victims (you really should look into this for yourself)
- the violence done to rape victims
- the ages of rape victims

What you effectively do, without true critical thought, is apologise the for the rapists. In doing this, you effectively support the ongoing rape of women. It's quite a disgusting belief. Perhaps though, you would understand it better if I phrased it as an evil belief, supporting great harm, and working directly against any concept of love, compassion, or empathy for the victim.

Your beliefs, in this area, sound cult like.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:54 pm
Maybe he just needs a snickers bar.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 01:00 am
@vikorr,
you have a phobia for belief? perception does not control me. I control perception.