If you think men should help decide if a woman gets an abortion, just shut up.

Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 03:49 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Guess you don't pay attention to my posts.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't. I was originally replying to McG and his comments.

Quote:
My husband had one more than 10 years before we met.

I did, right after your reading your incorrect post about doctors needing receive proof of persmission from the spouse (not some doctors), asked him if he said he needed his then wifes permission to give to the doctor.

It wasn't an incorrect post, it was factual from my experience and that of other men I know. Maybe "permission" was a strong word, "consent form" is more specific. Would they have done it without the consent form? I don't know, I didn't care because my ex-wife and agreed on having one, so it wasn't an issue, we did laugh about it though.

Quote:
His response? "No more than she needed my permission to get pregnant the year before I got the vasectomy done." Which, for what it's worth, wasn't what ended their marriage.

You asked one dude... Well, me and the other 7 guys I know, minus my brother because he was single when he got his done, all had consent forms in their consultation packets when they left the Dr's office. We all had different Dr's, so that isn't the case either.

As I said before, I think the consent forms are more for protection from lawsuits than actual permission to do the surgery, this doesn't make their existence any less real.
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 07:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You asked one dude... Well, me and the other 7 guys I know, minus my brother because he was single when he got his done, all had consent forms in their consultation packets when they left the Dr's office. We all had different Dr's, so that isn't the case either.

And if you had stated that, along with whether or not all these 7 other guys signed the consents, and that they were told it was a requirement, your post would have been completely different.

As you stated it, your meaning was clear that it was a requirement with doctors that it must be signed.

Untrue.

No **** it's about lawsuits. We've both said that now.

No bubbles burst here that you don't read some or all of my posts. Again, I made a stand alone statement. If you had read at least one of my posts, you would have known I was aquainted with at least one person who has had a vasectomy. You said "ask any men", which includes asking one. Now I guess I need to ask a certain number. No idea how many other men I know who have had vasectomies.

Don't make muddled statements that don't say (apparantly) what you mean, and expect others to understand your meaning.

But then, you wouldn't have all the back and forth fun of explaining and twisting your words to make them work. Which I take is what you're after.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:26 am
@chai2,
Watch it Chai, next he'll be accusing you of hacking into A2K and editing his posts to make him look like an idiot.

That's what he did when I showed him up.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:49 am
@chai2,
Quote:
And if you had stated that, along with whether or not all these 7 other guys signed the consents, and that they were told it was a requirement, your post would have been completely different.

Semantics
I told McG that dudes have to sign consent forms if they have a spouse, I provided my experience and also talked about other guys I know who had similar consent forms in their consultation packets. You took issue with the "permission" aspect of the post, which I stand by as it is what my Dr had told me.
Quote:
As far as my vasectomy went, I had to have permission from my wife, all of the guys I know who had it done also had to have their spouses permission and in most cases, they wanted you to already have kids because doing a reversal was painful and not always successful. There were signed consent forms indicating her agreement with the procedure, if she had disagreed, the Dr would not have done it.

Quote:
As you stated it, your meaning was clear that it was a requirement with doctors that it must be signed.

Untrue.

True, it was my Dr's policy and the policy of a couple of the guys I know, so it's a true statement. I never said it was a legal matter, the Dr's matter.

Quote:
No bubbles burst here that you don't read some or all of my posts. Again, I made a stand alone statement. If you had read at least one of my posts, you would have known I was aquainted with at least one person who has had a vasectomy. You said "ask any men", which includes asking one. Now I guess I need to ask a certain number. No idea how many other men I know who have had vasectomies.

Men denotes plural, man denotes single. You can't build a consensus on 1 person can you?

Quote:
Don't make muddled statements that don't say (apparantly) what you mean, and expect others to understand your meaning.

I didn't make muddled statements, I made a clear statement on my and other men's experience with having a vasectomy and the consent paperwork in our consultation packets, we were asked to have our spouses sign. At the time I had mine done, I was told the consent was mandatory, once again nothing muddled.

Quote:
But then, you wouldn't have all the back and forth fun of explaining and twisting your words to make them work. Which I take is what you're after.

The only person running around trying to twist words is you. You made it seem I was talking about legal requirements instead of Dr's requirements and I did no such thing.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Watch it Chai, next he'll be accusing you of hacking into A2K and editing his posts to make him look like an idiot.

That's what he did when I showed him up.

This story changes each time you tell it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 08:58 pm
Justice Alito's response to SCOTUS Shadow Docket criticism.

Legal analyst Maya Wiley debunks Justice Alito’s public attack about the current media
and congressional criticism over the Supreme Court’s growing use of the shadow docket
to make weighty legal decisions.

Published: Oct 1, 2021

0 Replies

thegreatgatsbo

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2021 12:14 am
Do you want to not exist or exist , thats your debate. i still genuinely struggle with this issue every day and perhaps there is a karasemensical reason why with this. Defronans sympologia states that the aspect of this debate which accrues the most interest , is the inherent popularity of it , without the statistical or castalestical analysis.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2021 05:06 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
Every once in a while, someone – usually a man – will ask if men should “have a say” in a woman’s decisions about abortion. So sure, guys, yammer away all you want. It’s a free country.

But under no circumstances should men have any legal rights over women’s pregnancies.

A human female, typically has about 400,000 follicles/potential eggs, all formed before her birth.

After the onset of puberty, one “egg” per cycle matures and is released from its ovary. One month the left ovary will release a potential egg and the next month the right ovary will release a potential egg.

Those eggs are dormant and lifeless, if not fertilised by the living male sperm, those lifeless eggs are flushed out with the monthly blood flow.

Each woman who practices unprotected sex, knows that there is a chance of becoming pregnant. If she does develop a life form in her womb it is the life created by the male semen.

Should the wishes of a man, whose greatest desire, is to be a father, be held to ransom by a woman who threats to abort ‘HIS’ potential child, unless he does exactly what she demands?
0 Replies