0

If you think men should help decide if a woman gets an abortion, just shut up.

Baldimo

1  
Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 03:49 pm
@chai2,
Guess you don't pay attention to my posts.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't. I was originally replying to McG and his comments.

My husband had one more than 10 years before we met.

I did, right after your reading your incorrect post about doctors needing receive proof of persmission from the spouse (not some doctors), asked him if he said he needed his then wifes permission to give to the doctor.

It wasn't an incorrect post, it was factual from my experience and that of other men I know. Maybe "permission" was a strong word, "consent form" is more specific. Would they have done it without the consent form? I don't know, I didn't care because my ex-wife and agreed on having one, so it wasn't an issue, we did laugh about it though.

His response? "No more than she needed my permission to get pregnant the year before I got the vasectomy done." Which, for what it's worth, wasn't what ended their marriage.

You asked one dude... Well, me and the other 7 guys I know, minus my brother because he was single when he got his done, all had consent forms in their consultation packets when they left the Dr's office. We all had different Dr's, so that isn't the case either.

As I said before, I think the consent forms are more for protection from lawsuits than actual permission to do the surgery, this doesn't make their existence any less real.

3  
Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 07:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

And if you had stated that, along with whether or not all these 7 other guys signed the consents, and that they were told it was a requirement, your post would have been completely different.

As you stated it, your meaning was clear that it was a requirement with doctors that it must be signed.

Untrue.

No **** it's about lawsuits. We've both said that now.

No bubbles burst here that you don't read some or all of my posts. Again, I made a stand alone statement. If you had read at least one of my posts, you would have known I was aquainted with at least one person who has had a vasectomy. You said "ask any men", which includes asking one. Now I guess I need to ask a certain number. No idea how many other men I know who have had vasectomies.

Don't make muddled statements that don't say (apparantly) what you mean, and expect others to understand your meaning.

But then, you wouldn't have all the back and forth fun of explaining and twisting your words to make them work. Which I take is what you're after.

2  
Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:26 am
@chai2,
Watch it Chai, next he'll be accusing you of hacking into A2K and editing his posts to make him look like an idiot.

That's what he did when I showed him up.
Baldimo

0  
Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:49 am
@chai2,

Semantics
I told McG that dudes have to sign consent forms if they have a spouse, I provided my experience and also talked about other guys I know who had similar consent forms in their consultation packets. You took issue with the "permission" aspect of the post, which I stand by as it is what my Dr had told me.
As far as my vasectomy went, I had to have permission from my wife, all of the guys I know who had it done also had to have their spouses permission and in most cases, they wanted you to already have kids because doing a reversal was painful and not always successful. There were signed consent forms indicating her agreement with the procedure, if she had disagreed, the Dr would not have done it.

Untrue.

True, it was my Dr's policy and the policy of a couple of the guys I know, so it's a true statement. I never said it was a legal matter, the Dr's matter.

Men denotes plural, man denotes single. You can't build a consensus on 1 person can you?

I didn't make muddled statements, I made a clear statement on my and other men's experience with having a vasectomy and the consent paperwork in our consultation packets, we were asked to have our spouses sign. At the time I had mine done, I was told the consent was mandatory, once again nothing muddled.

The only person running around trying to twist words is you. You made it seem I was talking about legal requirements instead of Dr's requirements and I did no such thing.

Baldimo

-1  
Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:50 am

This story changes each time you tell it.