If you think men should help decide if a woman gets an abortion, just shut up.

maporsche

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:19 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

So there is no need for women to have access to abortions and birth control pills.

Men and women can just keep their pants zipped up or use condoms.

I think 99.99% of doctors would say that birth control pills combined with condom use is the preferred method of birth control for sexually active individuals.

Seriously though, this is pretty basic sexual education stuff man. Maybe you need to take a class...
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:59 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I'm not exactly sure how the man assumes responsibility for birth control in this equation.

Vasectomy. One snip takes care of it all.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:03 pm
@neptuneblue,
If that is good enough for men, then tubal ligation is good enough for women, and there is no problem with doing away with abortions and birth control pills.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:05 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
I think 99.99% of doctors would say that birth control pills combined with condom use is the preferred method of birth control for sexually active individuals.
Are you under the illusion that men have birth control pills available to them? Or are you suggesting that that men should take charge of women's use of birth control?

I guess you now realize that doctors disagree with your earlier post that mentioned only condoms.

maporsche wrote:
Seriously though, this is pretty basic sexual education stuff man. Maybe you need to take a class...
More likely you are just imagining that men have birth control pills available to them.

But if I'm wrong about that, feel free to point out the existence of reliable safe male birth control pills.
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:08 pm
@oralloy,
I'd be down with that.

No more periods!
maporsche

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:38 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

If that is good enough for men, then tubal ligation is good enough for women, and there is no problem with doing away with abortions and birth control pills.

I'm sure with your high IQ, you understand the difference in surgical procedures here?
maporsche

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:40 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maporsche wrote:
Are you under the illusion that men have birth control pills available to them? Or are you suggesting that that men should take charge of women's use of birth control?

I guess you now realize that doctors disagree with your earlier post that mentioned only condoms.

maporsche wrote:
More likely you are just imagining that men have birth control pills available to them.

But if I'm wrong about that, feel free to point out the existence of reliable safe male birth control pills.

Men use condoms & Women use birth control pills

The two methods used in conjunction (the dictionary will tell you what this means) is the best combination to reduce unwanted pregnancy for sexually active people.

This really isn't rocket science braniac...
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51AlXCpFVTL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
maporsche

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:44 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

No more periods!

Maybe you need a class too....
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:46 pm
If anything has been demonstrated by these discussions tonight, it's that sex-ed is seriously lacking in America and services like Planned Parenthood should be well funded for their family planning and education purposes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
I'm sure with your high IQ, you understand the difference in surgical procedures here?
One is irreversible sterilization. And the other is irreversible sterilization.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:02 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Men use condoms & Women use birth control pills
So you think men should take charge of women's use of birth control pills?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:12 am
Freedom haters hate the idea of a woman having control over her own body almost as much as they hate the idea of opposition parties and thinking for themselves.

Nobody hates, actually despises, freedom more than Oralloy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:32 am
@oralloy,
I have given birth, I have been responsible for mine............Do you have any children? Have you ever tried to make a baby??????? If you haven't, go look up rocket science and opine about what they should do...... If you are not married, or a parent, or a a person who might actually be able to plant or conceive maybe this is not the conversation you should try to be in.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 01:13 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I'd be down with that.

No more periods!

Holy sh!t.

You don’t realize that a tubal does not stop a woman’s menstrual cycle?

That’s as bad as not understanding that condoms are a form of birth control, as well as disease protection.

This thread is proof that one doesn’t need to know the subject matter in order to have strong opinions.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 03:21 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
I think 99.99% of doctors would say that birth control pills combined with condom use is the preferred method of birth control for sexually active individuals.

If one uses condoms properly, there's no need for pills. These pills contain hormones, and even though the doses are now much lower than they used to be in the 60's and 70's, it's rarely a good idea to mess around with one's hormonal system for too long.

The downside of condoms is they make the act slightly less pleasurable for both partners.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 06:33 am
@chai2,
I guess the sarcasm is lost on this thread.

chai2

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:02 am
@neptuneblue,
I guess you don’t understand how sarcasm is used.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:30 am
@chai2,
I sure do. I especially laughed my ass off when you proceeded to "school" me how women's bodies worked. That was priceless! Thank you for that.

What truly amazes me is the valid point Orally made which most of you seemed to ignore. It goes to show, certain people don't actually give a rat's ass about equality. Why isn't there a men's birth control pill? With the advancement of reproductive studies by medical science why hasn't this issue been solved? Men only have two choices, either wrap a body part in latex or have a minor surgery to stop sperm from entering the semen.

Men's reproductive rights are just as important as a woman's. Maybe some of you need to be reminded of that. I found the subject line of this thread as entirely offensive. Why shouldn't a man help to decide to carry a pregnancy? He has a vested stake for the rest of his life too, you know. His input should be valued and taken under consideration. Does he get the final say so? No, because, inherently it's not his body. But to discount his opinion and position on the matter is plain wrong.

But oh noooos, Orally said something so OF COURSE it's on automatic disregard.

smdh

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:42 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Why isn't there a men's birth control pill?

Because men would much rather a woman take a pill that fucks about with their hormones. Don't blame women for that one.

I imagine it's not as simple as you make out. (Btw, Oralloy never makes valid points, he's away with the fairies.) I'm no chemist but I bet it's a lot easier to make a womb reject a fertile egg than it is to completely cease the production of sperm.

This is about one thing, and that's whether or not a woman should be able to control her own body. She should, end of.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:54 am
@neptuneblue,
https://www.vox.com/2018/4/4/17170262/male-birth-control-explained

interesting read

in summary

Quote:

Still, in the next decade, the male contraceptive landscape should look more like the female contraceptive landscape — and it’s about time, said Page. “Men, like women, should have choices.”

More choices would also benefit women. Researchers who have modeled the impact of a new male contraceptive estimate that even if only 10 percent of interested men took up the novel method, we’d see unintended pregnancies fall by up to 5 percent in the United States and South Africa and by as much as 38 percent in Nigeria.

“The more choices we have, the less likely we are to have unplanned pregnancies,” Page added. “And I think that’s what everyone wants.”

0 Replies