Do you believe in premarital sex?

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:11 pm
Glitterbag

I don't think a 17 year old would have been charged in Mass where I use to live either. I guess it's different everywhere.

I'm glad that the urinaters aren't added to the list in your area as well. It's absurd and needs to be changed.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 07:37 pm
nimh wrote:
So much concentration in certain neighbourhoods (dont know the place, so I cant tell what kind of neighbourhoods). There's an address there - 729 S Union Ave - thats got 4 sex offenders. Four sex offenders on the same address, in different apartments!

Shocked

It is shocking, and luckily I have none in my neighborhood. That doesn't
mean, we're safe though.

The concentration in certain neighborhoods is due to a high number
of apartment houses they have in parts of actually every city. You'll
find far less registered offenders in neighborhoods that are dominated
by single family housing.

Rural areas are sometimes chosen for obvious reasons: there would be less friction with neighbors and the proximity to them is not nearly as
dense as in the city. Unfortunately, in rural areas, people tend to feel
safer and many children play outside unsupervised.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 08:26 pm
I looked at the list for my area and found an offender listed for a block away. I'm in a single family neighborhood, mostly, but there are also some big old victorian houses that are broken up as rental units. One of our clients, also a block away from me, owns the equivalent of two city blocks with one big old victorian and one small one, both well renovated to period, and of course wisely landscaped, and this offender's place is across the street. If it's the house I think it is, they have been trying to buy it, just to get dealers out of their environs. The owner is recalcitrant.

On the other hand, I agree with a certain wariness re the list and who gets to be on it. I am sure many are missing, and some on it might be there unjustly.

I saw someone in my ex's family railroaded on these kind of issues, with him telling us that his wife said she was going to put words in the daughter's mouth, on one of his visits to us. Two weeks later the child was picked up by the marshals.

This was years ago, the mother has since acknowledged this to me, in essence anyway; too late now. Great trauma occurred to all, and dad and daughter have paid dearly. I was not allowed in the court as I was not immediate family.

I talked, though, with the chief psychiatrist reviewing these things and he was very glad to hear my description of my time with these people. He said it confirmed his doubts. However, he said you can't prove something didn't happen. I remember the courtroom, before I had to leave - female judge, female attorney for the child, female attorney for the mother, male divorce attorney for the father. Kind of a cloud of predisposition for mother's accusations.

I say this a olde feminist who is enthused about protecting children and women being lawyers and judges. Since I know that accusation didn't happen, I can envision other situations not being as decided.

Given that bit of wariness, I still think, in general, things might be worse than the lists imply.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 08:39 pm
Yes ossobuco, these things happen and any mother who
uses false accusations like this, should be held accountable
for it in court.

However, remember the case of the physician couple who had
a little girl. The girl told the mother that her father was fondling her which he denied vehemently. THe mother believed the
daughter and divorced him. Unfortunately the court agreed
to unsupervised visitation rights and the girl was molested again. The mother then had the girl leave the country with
her parents and they were living in New Zealand.

The mother went for 2 years to prison for abduction charges. I don't remember her name, but this case has been highly publicized.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 09:06 pm
Yikes. A situation where 'unsupervised' wasn't warranted... at all. How horrible for daughter and mother.

In the case I was talking about, the child is now reaching majority, and the mother is in enough trouble as it is. And even now, nothing can be proved. The chief psychiatrist who interviewed the child and had doubts has died. I could talk at length about this, but won't, since it is really not my business to put their business on a forum. I use it only as a example of where some things may not be as they seem. Unfortunately, I think a good portion are.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 10:22 pm
Unfortunately yes.

I found a note on the highly publicized case

Quote:
. Elizabeth Morgan, a 42 year old plastic surgeon sent her daughter into hiding because she had suspicions that the father was abusing their child.

"She sent her 5-year- old daughter Hilary into hiding, probably with the child's grandparents, outside the state, rather than comply with a court order for the child to continue unsupervised visits with her father, Dr. Morgan's ex-husband, 44-year-old Eric Foretich, an oral surgeon, who Elizabeth Morgan claimed had repeatedly raped the child." (Parental Abduction, 3)

Because of her actions and her refusal to tell the whereabouts of her daughter, Dr. Morgan spent 25 months in jail for contempt of court.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 10:24 pm
I vaguely remember that case where the mother hid her child from the father and got prison time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 10:31 pm
What a nightmare.

I suppose someone is doing a book or movie.

Ah well, and maybe they should.

It's tricky. I'd like the Elizabeth Morgans to have a place to go they could count on - and the courts didn't work in her situation.

I might like to see a compilation of documentaries, done with no overtone of bias, since bias, while often fitting one's own view, can be skewed from the actual.
I can barely watch tv because of the cornyhornyphony tone of voice of news/reality show narration.

I see we have veered from the subject of premarital sex.

Ok, I'm for it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 10:33 pm
And to answer the original question; I've always believed in premarital sex. The more relavant question is, do you believe in postmarital sex?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 10:50 pm
Yes, CI. Even post post.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 11:05 pm
Along those lines, I just believe in sex. Too bad I'm not having any.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:26 am
Oh, yeh, me too.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:47 am
Just popped in (still in a state of pre-marital afterglow) to say...I soo do! :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:51 am
A trio of do, do, do....

is that a doo-wop or not?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:56 am
or a do do ron ron?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:11 am
do do ron ron, I forgot about that.

I never thought of that as sexy at the time. P'haps that was a failing on my own part.

Or, perhaps it wasn't a failing on my part and it was only sexy to others.

Seems a bit lame now, from my antique point of view.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:13 am
I see we are way off topic.

Beg pardon.

hoping you'll all make it back to the topic...
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:14 am
What about do-bie do-bie do then osso?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:44 pm
Hmm, the Doobie Brothers...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:59 pm
We all believe in sex, period.