Do you believe in premarital sex?

parados

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:10 am
Quote:
It's putting your penis in a vagina, I don't see what's so "sacred" about that.

When you put it that way it doesn't even sound "fun" let alone "sacred."

Face it. Humans were designed to enjoy the sexual experience. Some designed to have more fun than others. As long as both people are capable of understanding the physical and emotional consequences of the act, why not?

That is the real problem with abstinance teaching. It provides nothing so leaves the kids with nothing. Provide them with all the necessary information and many of them will recognize that they are not emotionally ready for sex. Sex isn't just a physical act it is also an emotional one, for men and women. Tell kids that. Most of them are adult enough to make their own choices.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:22 am
My parents are great but they didnt teach me anything about when to have sex.

I watched what was happening around me , to my friends, thought about my feelings and luckily it turned out fab.

Its funny how sex can literally be putting a penis in a vagina OR a wonderful spiritual life changing experience.

If I have kids I hate the idea of having to deal with broken hearts and nasty comments from their friends etc It would upset me so much, let alone them.
Sex is definately for grown ups.I still find it really 'freaky'.

We are animals after all.I dont see cats and dogs going on dates.

So yes I agree with sex before marriage.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:54 am
Of course you have to agree with sex before marriage.

Can you imagine if you waited all these years for
the one and only husband and in your wedding night
you'll find out he's lousy in bed.

This would be far more tragic as losing your virginity
beforehand. You have to try and see who is compatible
with you and sex is an important factor in this equation.

One night stand? It can be refreshing Wink
0 Replies

photoman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:09 am
When I grow up, I want to be a slut. (spoken in my best southern accent....) I think it was the little kid on the Hank Hill show who said that. LOL

Good day everyone!! This is a very enlightening topic!

Mikey
0 Replies

photoman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:10 am
Um, that show would be King of the Hill......sorry, coudn't remember it when I posted the message.

Good day!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:17 am
Re: Do you believe in premarital sex?
Qanda wrote:
do you believe in premarital sex?

I insist on it. Cool
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:19 am
Do I believe in pre marital sex?

As long as it doesnt make me late for the wedding(brrrr tsshhh...thank you..Im here all week!)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:26 am
Bella wrote:
If sex was just for procreation, it would not feel so good, IMO.

I think it's rather the opposite...! If sex was for procreation, it would feel really, really good so it would be more likely to happen and result in babies (whether the procreators consciously wanted babies or not). :-D

photoman wrote:
The other issue is compatibility. Everyone cries about sexual incompatibility if they can't "test drive" their potential mate. Well, if the playing field is level (neither partner having had previous sexual experience), then BOTH are able to discover each other in the most wonderful way. They can learn together and I think that frustration levels would be diminished. My wife and I were both virgins when we got married. Now, some of you know my current circumstances and how frustrated I am in my marriage AND it even relates to sex, but not for compatibility issues. Anyway, moving right along....

The problem here is the "what if" factor. I've read so many stories here, and heard so many in real life, of the people who got married as virgins, and were compatible or incompatible, but either way down the line thought, "Is this all there is? Are other people having sex that is much, much more fabulous than this? Are other [men/women] more [spontaneous/ careful/ loving/ great]?"

I have seen a LOT of these marriages break up just because one partner just had to know what he/ she was missing.

I learned with my first boyfriend and it only upped the frustration level. It was difficult at the beginning and for a while, and cast a pall over our entire relationship. By the time that relationship was over, I knew enough about sex and was comfortable enough with it that I went right into the next relationship as a sexy, confident bombshell -- which is what I wanted to be. Part of what didn't work about the first is that I didn't feel sexy because I knew he knew I'd had a difficult, un-sexy time of it for a while.
0 Replies

photoman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:34 pm
Any way you look at it, I think this is a very complicated and not easily solved situation. In fact, this is a topic with no "solution." It is just a matter of life that people will be having sex....period. I wish I could count myself among the numbered who fit into the "having it" category but it ain't so. I would do it every day if I could and there might even be a woman out there who would do it with me every day. Be that as it may, I think the items to highlight throughout this entire post are few in number but great in importance:

1. Education
2. Communication
3. Protection
4. Maturity
5. No discussion about our parents having done it or currently doing it. hehehe

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Mikey
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:58 pm
Yes, it happens.

But its entirely human, not divine.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:02 pm
My views go along these lines
I'm a christian, but never had any explicit views re: pre marital sex
When i was with my first boyfriend it just didnt happen... i mean full sex or anything.... in 2 years neither of us had an orgasm once. The truth is we weren't that close and it just wasn't gonna happen!
I developed an anti-premarital stance which finally broke during a very dedicated relationship with my best friend during which we discussed marriage etc.
Now my thoughts go along the lines of it's ok if it's somebody you could see yourself marrying one day. But i just don't see myself ever sleeping with somebody i couldn't spend the rest of my life with...
I'm yet to break that although it may happen yet
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:10 pm
If you have no intentions of getting married, it's not premarital sex.
Kickycan
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:20 pm
Joe(not having pre-marital sex)Nation. :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:28 pm
or extra marital...

I've reformed.

I've changed.

I've grown.

Joe(I married a woman who can shoot)Nation
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:54 pm
spike
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:00 pm
I actually love the term "extra marital" Wink

It's a nice play with words....... nothing else though.
I mean, I wouldn't consider it either, if I was married.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:17 pm
In our house extra marital sex means instead of twice a week it's four times.

Joe( I'll be right in, I'm just spellchecking my last post of the night) Nation

btw the spellchecker doesn't recognize "spellchecking".
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:23 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

re-thinking my New York plans
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:41 pm
sozobe wrote:
Bella wrote:
If sex was just for procreation, it would not feel so good, IMO.

I think it's rather the opposite...! If sex was for procreation, it would feel really, really good so it would be more likely to happen and result in babies (whether the procreators consciously wanted babies or not). :-D

Ok, ok....so that makes sense. I was just trying to point out that it's for fun too! Very Happy (lots and lots of it!!! :wink: )
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:44 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

re-thinking my New York plans

<Looking for Set's email address>
0 Replies