Goofing off in photoshop - what do you think?

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 01:38 pm
It is fun, Bella.

Until Mo, I've never had a subject so compelling that I took thousands of photos of it and never got tired of it.

It's neat to be able to line them all up and look at the way he changes. The new expressions on his face always amaze me.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 01:43 pm
Very nice pictures indeed. Monkey is just darling and
Mo is so cute. The very last picture of 2005 is my favorite,
he has such an adorable expression there.

You really do excellent work boomerang.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 04:36 pm
Hey thanks CJane!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 07:03 am
I've done a Boomerang style composite of the cats that I thought I'd share - they were playing together yesterday - it started off with Rosie trying to get into the box - and managing all but her rear end! it's only a couple of inches deep but she has a fetish for boxes and bags Rolling Eyes anyway Paddy had to join in and I did this sequence ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/epaddyandrosieplayingwiththetrimmer.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:17 am
Oh, nice! Very dynamic!

Mmm, tortoiseshells... (I get a better idea of her markings from this series than I have before, I know it's not tortie exactly, really cool though!)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:22 am
Vivien wrote:
it started off with Rosie trying to get into the box - and managing all but her rear end! it's only a couple of inches deep but she has a fetish for boxes and bags Rolling Eyes

We have a cat with this issue. She still seems to think she's same size as when she was a kitten. She'll go round and round a small box, trying to fit in, until finally settles in and the sides burst.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 12:11 pm
Oh! I love that!

Watching cats is so cool. I have a young cat for the first time in a long time and she fascinates me with her weirdness.

I haven't done any pictures of my pets in a very long time. I should do some. Thanks for the nudge, Vivien.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:16 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh, nice! Very dynamic!

Mmm, tortoiseshells... (I get a better idea of her markings from this series than I have before, I know it's not tortie exactly, really cool though!)

the vet's description on her records is tortie tabby - I'd never heard that combination description before but it's exactly what she is. These shots don't show her tummy, which is her best feature! a beautiful cream with apricot areas - she's dark on top and pale underneath, except her paws which are reversed - a pale brown on top and sooty black underneath.

(I'm following the Sozlet tales avidly by the way! love them)

Drew Dad - that's exactly what she did - pushed her way in and the box split at the seams! she's rather well fed I'm afraid Smile

Oh I'd love to see what you could do with cat pictures Boomerang Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 11:18 am
Okay! Here is a picture of my cat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/bis1.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 12:12 pm
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...!

I love those big dialated play/ hunter eyes (you know you gotta watch out when you see those...)

Great quote, too!

sozlet adds:

sssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddlllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllljjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjhgfdsatyi,jjhm,jjhuyikjiiojukijjhkhjhhj

(She wanted to know what the word with all the "www's" was, I told her, she thought it was cool and wanted to do it herself. The first part was her real name, I changed it with equal number of letters, the rest is her.)

She's also gently scratching the cat's ears.

We both REALLY want a cat.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 12:30 pm
I see the sozlet has an affinity for the letter "j"!

It is a nice letter.

What is stopping you from getting a cat?

My neighbor just got the coolest cat - I'm dying to go take pictures. It is just a bit bigger than the typical house - longer and more muscular. This cat has leopard spots. Gorgeous! It is some kind of exotic and they paid a fortune for it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 12:36 pm
E.G.'s allergies are stopping us from getting a cat. :-(

We saw a blurb in the NYT a while ago about some medication that is starting to undergo testing that would stop cat allergies -- sozlet asks every week or so whether the medicine is ready for Papa yet...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 12:40 pm
Oh yikes! That is a big stop sign.

They do have those really ugly hairless cats. Apparently no hair equals no dander equals no allergy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 12:45 pm
I think he's even allergic to, like, cat saliva.

And those things are seriously ugly!

We're trying to redirect our energies into getting a puppy, which we also want. He's slowly starting to come around, but it's slow.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 12:46 pm
Meanwhile there is a neighborhood cat who is the absolute sweetest creature and loves to hang out on our deck and get oodles of attention from sozlet and I, so that helps.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 12:47 pm
Puppies are cool too!

Just much higher maintence.

Now I think I need to do some dog photos.....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 01:30 pm
WHHOOO HOOOO!

Mr. B gave me the little digital camera - the one you can take underwater - for Christmas!

This should be fun.

Now, if I can just convince the people at the pool to disregard their "no camera" policy.....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 01:55 pm
oh boomerang - beautiful! I agree with Soz about those naughty black eyes - watch out when they get that expression and those bristling whiskers! it's a gorgeous natural character shot - you should show some of these in your studio, I'm, sure people might commission you to 'do' their pets.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 02:32 pm
Thanks Vivien!

As silly as it sounds I have never "photographed" my pets. I do have a few old studio shots of the dogs and I have a gazillion snap shots but I have never taken it on as an assignment before.

It has been an interesting learning experience!

My Christmas couldn't get ANY better. Mo's family has left us alone so far (though we did go and pay our respects) and I got the camera I've been pining for but didn't dream I'd get. This girl couldn't, wouldn't dream to, ask for anything more.

I hope you have a great holiday too!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 02:44 pm
Yay!

I know I'm always saying "I read something in the NYT", but again... there was a thing about the astronomical fees charged for pet portraits, I think it's a really promising niche.
0 Replies