Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:16 am
Here is a new painting titled "Riding the Line". It is oil on masonite panel, 24"X48". The painting isn't quite done yet, but a couple more sessions should do the trick.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAARA7YXj6ZguYFwLUEy5jCw67cmSeuGrZXbuQqmbaqMthqDKHT0PrvBMHVn*KgTRDXzjzUh6wPr3Wkz7OX2rtK3NlM5p0NSK*DN*vIeoXVGbJtzq2I98Q/RidingLine.psd?dc=4675438366550015873
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,412 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:17 am
EASILY the best painting (or at least my favorite) of the ones you've posted!

Ash, why not post them to the gallery?

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:19 am
I thought that I needed to post them here, and that they would then be posted automatically to the Asherman Gallery.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:21 am
Doh! I forgot to recreate the two galleries. Thanks for reminding me (in the move I had to recreate all the files and since there were thousands of them I forgot a few, your gallery was one).

What I man is that you are posting them to the Realm then linking them here when you can be posting them to the gallery here instead of the Realm (and you can still post the discussions etc).
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:31 am
That would be nifty. How do I do it?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:36 am
Just click on the upload link in the gallery: http://www.able2know.com/gallery/upload.php

Then choose the Original art album and fill out the details. That way all your art will also be in the A2K photo albums.
0 Replies

westwindwalker

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 01:27 am
Riding the Line
I love this painting too, good work. Reminds me of a photo that is entitled "The Road to Hell" which is in Nevada I think, no kidding!

Does anyone here have a clue as to the recording artist, of a record that is primarily instrumental from 1950s/60 called "Riding the Line", it's being used as the background of a new automobile commerical. I'm an old timer and remember the song but not sure of the name, nor the artist.

'ppreciate it if you'd reply if you know.

thanks! westwindwalker
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 02:15 am
I've never been to the US but this is really evocative and just how I imagine some of the empty straight roads. A lovely atmosphere

How long do you spend on each painting? What medium oil/acrylic?
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 05:52 am
Asherman. I like how the road is made bigger by the dimunitive trees and scrub along side. I think the paintings genius is its perspective. The road seems to balloon out and come to the foreground.

This is my first time to this forum - and I had no clue you painted.

I paint too - I just use a gun to do it - and my canvasas are all unwilling. Wink

Very nice.

TTF
0 Replies