Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:55 am
Oil on canvas (Summer '03) 18"X24"
Second in the Kachina series. Corn is one of our most important staples, and without the rain nothing can survive.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TADPAqkX96I!1TbP1FkpSgeJ9B154SPduUcYDcyz2ySDMsmv9aheApqdUtqtlq7AnrtxfiglU3rpCW2kDpNuGRkRuQmdc8!wJh4iEIttX8sBBXjFm82f3Q/CornMaiden.jpg?dc=4675434106565971369

Edit (craven) Fixed the IMG link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,519 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:58 am
Asherman, you copied the URL for the page, not the image. It's displaying a red X.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 11:02 am
Fixed it. I had to re join Raven's Realm using AshermanA2k as a name. Will that cause any problems? Why can't I post new pictures to the photo or art albums using my original name?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 11:21 am
Asherman,

You should be able to. As long as you can sign in. Or maybe you ran out of space under that account (MSN limits you to 3MB per account).
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:30 pm
We heard today that this painting took First Place in a very crowded field at the New Mexico State Fair. Small prize money, but hopefully the prize will help the painting sell.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:46 pm
How can you sell something so beautiful?

Stunning turquoise. Nice wind. It sends the mind.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 06:52 pm
A famous write was once asked why he wrote. His reply? Fifteen cents a word. Most of my paintings can be had for something in the neighborhood of $1000. If you don't sell them, then you have to give them away to make room for the new kids. Folks generally don't appreciate the gift painting nearly so much as the one they paid a couple of thousand for. Over the years I've given away as many paintings and drawings as I've sold, and what have I got to show for it? Time to at least make minium wages for the time and effort necessary to produce these things.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 07:54 pm
It's a beautiful piece of art, asherman.
0 Replies