Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:45 am
Oil on masonite panel (Summer '03) 24"X48"

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDVAqQWGlZU2gFwqwUpUoxNYgmpYQXRE6szUWrutxGEkX9*uWviWgk!aj5KzbPT7YtmhFoCh8D3CjpOnMins0TX6Kx!fNSu2p0G0iO1mqy7xo7EWlZ3UA/Canyons.jpg?dc=4675434106557942962
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,230 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 12:08 pm
Oooooh, I like this one a lot! You've been very busy this year and it shows!

Is that cross on a mountain road (Monument) the painting you did for Bumblebee?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 02:03 pm
I'm glad you liked it. I haven't posted a picture of Aunt Bea's painting. We framed it last week and hung it over her dinning table. Those who attended the Western Gathering at Corazon a few months ago saw that painting. Next time I'm across the Rio, I'll try to get a decent digital photo of her painting.

So far I've done 13-14 paintings this year, and a couple of drawings. I have enough prepared surfaces for another ten paintings, or so. At the moment there are three pictures at a show in Colorado, and two locally. When the paintings return home I'll take digital pictures and post them. We hope that at least one of the five will sell, to help offset the cost of framing. One of my small drawings sold for $450 (a record) at a charity auction in Arizona awhile back. The average prices for oils are a bit over $1000, and I could use the money. I would really, really like to buy a new studio easel to accomodate the larger size paintings.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 10:04 am
I love your layout work and your choice of colors. I bet it's even more impressive viewed in person.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:32 pm
This painting is currently in a juried show held at the St. John's Cathedral in downtown Albuquerque. This is the first in a series of oil panaramic landscapes (2'X4') on panel.
0 Replies