My Boyfriend Refuses to Show His Face on Video Chat, What do I do?

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 09:02 pm
So, my boyfriend and I are in a long-distance relationship. I haven't yet met him though. He lives in NY and I live in Indiana. He and I video chat almost every day, but he never wants to show his face. I don't want to push it too far in fear of losing him, what do I do?

roger

Reply Fri 18 May, 2018 09:12 pm
@Misteria,
For starters, if you haven't even seen his face, quit calling him 'boyfriend'. Seriously, let him know the relationship has gone as far as it's going to, unless he makes that truly marginal commitment.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 02:25 am
@Misteria,
Misteria,

Big, big, red flags. Come on, you see them, I know you do.

This "fear" is because you doubt yourself that you can find someone, so you cling onto someone who I assume "asks you to be his boyfriend" .

I assume he's seen you? How does he know who you are, what you look like?

And you haven't seen him, yet you've said as Roger said, "yes" to being his girlfriend.

He could be anyone, a dangerous person, an unattractive person perhaps, it could be something simple but it could be something very scary.

Don't you think it's time to push the issue or tell him you can't continue as you do not know who he really is, until you see him as well.

If you feel that he is concerned you won't like his presence then advise him that you accepted the relationship on personality and that is what matters .

But do it.

Please.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 May, 2018 06:08 pm
@roger,
You could also try contacting the MTV show catfish to see if they would arrange a meeting.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 09:21 am
@Misteria,
I assume you have talked with him about this? Did he give a reason as to why?
Perhaps he has scars on his face of one sort or another. So talk to him about his reasons. Explain to him that, for this relationship to move forward, this is a step that has to be taken eventually.

If he doesn't budge on this issue, then you should perhaps rethink this entire relationship idea...
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:26 pm
@Misteria,
I don't know how you can call him your boyfriend. The two of you have never kissed. Never held hands. Never met face to face. He sounds more like a pen pal.
Agent1741

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:28 pm
@Misteria,
Has he asked for money to be sent to Nigeria yet?? Hardly sounds like someone you can trust!!!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:30 pm
@Real Music,
Don't send him money, he might not even be a 'he'. There are offshore scammers who befriend lonely folks they meet online and exploit them. Please be careful.
Agent1741

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:39 pm
@glitterbag,
"he" could be an "it" also!!
glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:41 pm
@Agent1741,
Yikes
Agent1741

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 07:50 pm
@glitterbag,
You never know nowadays do you?? The world is so screwed up nowadays, it was simpler when I was growing up!!
0 Replies